Mario Kart 7

Leonyx said:
Admittedly, I tend to let nostalgia get in the way of my judgment for Mario Kart 64, but it was in no way a bad game.
Oh yes is is. Don't get me wrong I love it but it's kind of awful. The graphics are right around the level of DOOM, the item filter is completely non-existent, and the AIs rubberband like crazy.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
And here are the screenshots to prove MCD's post:
i_31108.jpg

i_31109.jpg

i_31110.jpg

i_31111.jpg

i_31112.jpg

i_31113.jpg

i_31114.jpg

i_31115.jpg

i_31116.jpg
Shy Guy playable, WOO HOO!

Also, I guess Nintendo are really serious about the direction they are going with the raccoon tail...

Herr Shyguy said:
Leonyx said:
Admittedly, I tend to let nostalgia get in the way of my judgment for Mario Kart 64, but it was in no way a bad game.
Oh yes is is. Don't get me wrong I love it but it's kind of awful. The graphics are right around the level of DOOM, the item filter is completely non-existent, and the AIs rubberband like crazy.

I didn't notice anything wrong with the graphics, and I haven't played the game recently enough to remember AI rubberband. I do sort of recall being able to get almost any item at any time, however. Even so, the game was very fun for multiplayer, and I think it had the best battle levels of all Mario Karts but maybe Double Dash.

Nintendo sure has been obsessed with the tanooki suit lately.

I can't wait for MK7's release. I hope Toadette will return and that Kamek will be a new playable character. Kamek is underappreciated.

Kamek was a playable character in Super Mario Kart R, but he got replaced by DK or Wario later on, when it changed into Mario Kart 64.

i_31114.jpg

I'm going to say that guy on the far right looks sort like Baby Luigi

Herr Shyguy said:
Leonyx said:
I didn't notice anything wrong with the graphics,
Are you sure we're talking about the same game?

Yes. I'm not one who really cares much about graphics, so it might be that they didn't bother me. But I didn't really see a problem with them. They did their job.

Not in the Demo, not visible in any Trailers, but who knows?

Koopaul said:
Not thrilled that Shy Guy is in. I'd rather get confirmation on more important characters.

Koopa Troopa is generic too, and yet it's a racing participant. Shy Guy is fair game.

I like Shy Guy more than Koopa Troopa any time of the day.

I was kind of bummed he was a limited download-play only character, but I think you can play as him via hacks.

Well, of course if you don't have another person available.

Back