Mario Q&A

Got another one:

Why can Yoshis swim in games like Yoshi's Island, but they "drown" immediately in games like Super Mario Sunshine?

Also, here's the ultimate unanswerable question:
What is Screamy's race?

Master Dimentio said:
Got another one:

Why can Yoshis swim in games like Yoshi's Island, but they "drown" immediately in games like Super Mario Sunshine?

Also, here's the ultimate unanswerable question:
What is Screamy's race?
1. They are slightly different species
2. Creams

What creates rotating landmasses seen in New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

No, they are spinning like discs... how is that possible?

Bowser buried Ferris Wheels underground to make life harder for Mario.

ectoBiologist said:
How can mario make fire without the need of a Fire Flower?
When have you seen that happen?
--EDIT--
Oh... Never mind, I remember that happening in games like SMRPG.
Mario's gloves are woven with bits of Fire Flower inside.

Because their anatomy is like that

When you fight Sunnycide in Partners In Time, how is one Yoshi able to push a Chomp Rock all the way to the ledge by itself yet 5 Yoshies are needed to actually push the rock off the ledge?

PieGuy said:
ectoBiologist said:
How can mario make fire without the need of a Fire Flower?
When have you seen that happen?
--EDIT--
Oh... Never mind, I remember that happening in games like SMRPG.
Mario's gloves are woven with bits of Fire Flower inside.
If that is true, how come he still needs a Fire Flower sometimes?

Nightwatcher said:
When you fight Sunnycide in Partners In Time, how is one Yoshi able to push a Chomp Rock all the way to the ledge by itself yet 5 Yoshies are needed to actually push the rock off the ledge?

I was confused at that for a while too. I think it is because the Chomp Rock was heavy.

Nightwatcher said:
There's a small rise before the ledge, and all 5 Yoshies need to work together to push it over the small rise.

Why does the Mushroom Kingdom's geography change so often? (World Maps are all different in PiT, BiS, and PM)

The geography doesn't actually change. All those areas are still there, Nintendo, Intelligent Systems and Alpha Dream just edit the map so only areas that actually have some importance to the game are included. Or maybe the RPGs occur in different universes.

In BiS, there's water on the upper-right side of Toad Town and Peach's Castle. In PiT, Toad Town and Peach's Castle are surrounded by land. They couldn't have been in different universes, because Shroobs from PiT appeared in BiS.

When I said the games occur in different universes, I meant The Mario & Luigi games are all in one universe while the Paper Mario games are in a different universe while the 2D side scrollers and 3D platformers are in yet another dimension.

Goombella said:
If that is true, how come he still needs a Fire Flower sometimes?
His gloves need to be tailored, just like normal gloves.

Back