Hated/Annoying Moves in Pokemon

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
My hated moves in Pokemon are Stealth Rock, Detect, and Protect. I chose Stealth Rock because it's just plain broken (strips away at most half of health in just one turn of set up) and Detect and Protect are just stalling moves and are also annoying ingame.

Any others worth mentioning?
 

Yoshiwaker

Star Spirit
Hyper Fang, because it is quite powerful and it is learned at a very low level. This means that it will probably take away half your health every time one of those stupid five-levels-lower-than-you Rattata uses it.
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Any moves that cause paralysis. I'm especially looking at you, Thunderwave. It's the most common form of statusing out there.

gallowsCalibrator said:
Hyper Fang, because it is quite powerful and it is learned at a very low level. This means that it will probably take away half your health every time one of those stupid five-levels-lower-than-you Rattata uses it.
Do you mean Super Fang?
 

Yoshiwaker

Star Spirit
BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Any moves that cause paralysis. I'm especially looking at you, Thunderwave. It's the most common form of statusing out there.
Yesyesyesyes. My brother was able to beat me only because his Jolteon paralyzed almost all of my people.
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Ground types are the best counter against paralysis (except Stun Spore). Paralysis is very annoying, though. I hate it how it lowers your speed and you only have a 2/3 chance of attacking.
 

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
I agree with Protect and Detect, those are so cheap, especially since I've seen them used twice in a row. Also, despite their low accuracy, one-hit KO moves are annoying, especially when an NPC uses them. It happened to me this afternoon. Also, moves that confuse your pokemon or make them fall in love with the opponent's pokemon.
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
I hate Poison Point, Effect Spore, Cute Charm and Static. Ugh.

Attract really does suck, but switching out to a different gendered Pokemon or a genderless Pokemon does the trick. Or using a Red Flute. The good thing about Attract is that it only affects opposite gendered Pokemon, unlike Paralysis, which is far more versatile. Ugh. That's why I hate paralysis more than attract.

Confusion sucks a lot as well, but my Pokemon snap out of it pretty quickly.
 

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
The most hated move of people that try to shiny hunt electrode and it's evos or geodude and it's evos is Explosion/SelfDestruct.
 

Goombella

Mieu mieu!
Seeing as how I rely on Physic/Ghost/Fire/Water types, Dark types moves are extremly annoying(and Dark type Pokemon. But I like Electric attack moves.
 

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Moves that can cause a status effect (i.e. Body Slam causing Paralysis) because when an opponent uses those kind of moves, there's a huge change that you'll get inflicted with a status. Also, moves that hit when your opponent uses them, but almost never hit when you use them.
 

Mario Super Sluggers

The Baby Fan
BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Ground types are the best counter against paralysis (except Stun Spore). Paralysis is very annoying, though. I hate it how it lowers your speed and you only have a 2/3 chance of attacking.
Or, I can just send out an Electivier.

Electivier: *evil laugh* That will never hurt me! Now take this!

*Electivier attacks*

Opponent: Oh no! It's faster!

*Electivier defeats opponent*

Electivier: Who will take me on?
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Fawfulfury65 said:
Any move that causes confusion.
Confuse Ray is the absolute worst
 

Propeller Toad

Dislikes the amount of neglect Toad receives...
I recently got a hatred for the move beat up after doing a wifi triple battle in Pokemon Black in which my opponenet's sneasel used this move to repeatedly attack his own Terrakion (I believe its ability is to power up its attack by 1 stage each time it gets hit). Once that's over with, the Terrakion just one hit Kos my team with Rock slide. Quite annoying...
 

Brawl Mario

Super Smash Bros.'s most fearsome plumber
I hate Stealth Rock. It's so cheap and broken. Just one turn to setup and good pokemon like Articuno, Yanmega, and Charizard get crippled, unless you use Rapid Spin.

I also hate hax in pokemon. Battle Tower is infamous for its hax.
 

Chivi-chivik

I'm Chivi-chivik M@ngaka!
PFFF... lots!

-Double Team
-Protect (and Detect)
-Any attack that change your status or stats (toxic, etc.)
-Attacks with a low Accuracy (Attacks that almost never work when you use them and work when OTHERS use them, as Hydro pump, etc.)
 

Chivi-chivik

I'm Chivi-chivik M@ngaka!
Ornithologist Mario said:
Chivi Chivik: Like Hypnosis.
yes, and more! (I think that Gamefreak is trolling us)
 

Chivi-chivik

I'm Chivi-chivik M@ngaka!
Waker said:
Chivi-chivik said:
Ornithologist Mario said:
Chivi Chivik: Like Hypnosis.
yes, and more! (I think that Gamefreak is trolling us)
http://forum.mariowiki.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1057
http://www.mariowiki.com/User:Gamefreak75
I beg to differ.
I was talking about the company that created Pokémon (GameFreak)
 

Yoshiwaker

Star Spirit
Chivi-chivik said:
Waker said:
Chivi-chivik said:
Ornithologist Mario said:
Chivi Chivik: Like Hypnosis.
yes, and more! (I think that Gamefreak is trolling us)
http://forum.mariowiki.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1057
http://www.mariowiki.com/User:Gamefreak75
I beg to differ.
I was talking about the company that created Pokémon (GameFreak)
I know, but I couldn't help it.

Moves like Double-Edge are really unfair if you have Rock Head.
 
Top