Hated/Annoying Moves in Pokemon

Luck tends to come to me in Pokemon.
Like, I didnt hit myself at all in confusion five times IN A ROW.
Im lucky like that.

I am sitting on my Pikachu pillow when that happens.
Also, I am sitting on now.

Double Team. The Battle Tower sucks.

Turn 1: Double Team (I miss)
Turn 2: Double Team (I miss again)
Turn 3: Double Team (I miss for the third time in a row)
Turn 4: Toxic (I miss for the fourth time in a row)
Turn 5: Protect (My Taunt fails)
Turn 6: Double Team (I finally get a Taunt off)
Turn 7: Struggle (KOes me)

The AI is annoying, and it is stupid.

Wii Sports Resort said:
Double Team. The Battle Tower sucks.

Turn 1: Double Team (I miss)
Turn 2: Double Team (I miss again)
Turn 3: Double Team (I miss for the third time in a row)
Turn 4: Toxic (I miss for the fourth time in a row)
Turn 5: Protect (My Taunt fails)
Turn 6: Double Team (I finally get a Taunt off)
Turn 7: Struggle (KOes me)

The AI is annoying, and it is stupid.

That's why people coin it the "Hax Tower".

Critical hits suck as well, even though they're technically not moves

For real, it seems like they increased the confuse rate on Black and White. Cuz when I'm confused, I ALWAYS hit myself the first 2 attacks.

Peachy said:
For real, it seems like they increased the confuse rate on Black and White. Cuz when I'm confused, I ALWAYS hit myself the first 2 attacks.

In Gen 4, I always snap out of confusion in the 3rd or 4th turn

I don't like the random consecutive hitting moves when I use them. It relies too much on luck. The only time when they are good if a Pokemon has the ability to always make it hit 5 times in a row.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
I don't like the random consecutive hitting moves when I use them. It relies too much on luck. The only time when they are good if a Pokemon has the ability to always make it hit 5 times in a row.
^^This.

I hate hyper beam and its variations. All of them are terrible. GameFreak needs to be more creative.

Hyper beam sucks in competitive battling as well.

Sleep is worse than freezing since it's way more common.

Hyper Beam's not that bad of a move IMO. If you're positive that HB will take down your opponent's Pokemon, you will get an opportunity to switch Pokemon thus, bypassing the 2nd turn recharge period.

Nightwatcher said:
Hyper Beam's not that bad of a move IMO. If you're positive that HB will take down your opponent's Pokemon, you will get an opportunity to switch Pokemon thus, bypassing the 2nd turn recharge period.

But in competitive battling, that's where it sucks. It gives free turn of set-up and you can't switch your Pokemon like that in competitive battling.

At least Will-o-wisp has shaky accuracy

Thunder wave annoys me the most out of all status inflicting moves, mainly because of its accuracy and how common it is in-game, unlike Toxic.

Discharge is annoying in Double Battles seeing as it is one of my favourites yet affects everyone.
Note I said annoying, but I dont hate it.

I like using Discharge as Magnezone. It has its own advantages over Thunderbolt

It does.
Also, Shadow Ball can be annoying as it doesnt affect Normal Pokemon, which really are what you encounter in the wild.

Huh? Shadow Ball is a good move and normal Pokemon don't usually occur in caves.

Back