Super Mario Sunshine... who could forget the nostalgia??

Nostalgia? Well the game is 10 years old... But it really doesn't seem that long ago. You wanna talk about nostalgia, try Super Mario Bros. 3!

Nega-Man said:
Epic Nitwit said:
One good thing about this game is that unlike in SMG, when you spray people with water or jump on their heads, they get annoyed. (Or at least the Pianta's do)

Try jumping on Rosalina in Super Mario Galaxy. A shield makes her untouchable. :eek:

Yes, at least that's one thing different. But all the other NPC's don't do anything after you jump on their heads or spin them. Except the Piantas in SMG2, that was a nice touch.

I'm glad they brought back Piantas in SMG2. They should have brought back some SMS music too.

I'm a chuckster!

MURDERER!

It's him, it's the man who caused my death. Please sir, have mercy on my poor soul.

I'm a chuckster!

He's still a murderer, mommy!

My sister found that level easy 8)

Then spray them when you're on the palm tree. They won't charge at you when you're in the palm tree.

Kick Buttowski said:
I'm a chuckster!

MURDERER!

It's him, it's the man who caused my death. Please sir, have mercy on my poor soul.

I'm a chuckster!

He's still a murderer, mommy!

Now, now, I'm just your average passerby. It's funny that in that secret area filled with Piantas, only the Piantas with facial hair are Chucksters. The lone non-facial hair Pianta doesn't do any chucking.

^

Still, that level was annoying since you have to talk to the Piantas at the right angle, or they'll throw you into the abyss.

Difficult missions like that are basically what's preventing me from completing the game.

Kick Buttowski said:
^

Still, that level was annoying since you have to talk to the Piantas at the right angle, or they'll throw you into the abyss.

Difficult missions like that are basically what's preventing me from completing the game.

Sadly, you have to complete every secret area episode, since all of them come before episode 7. And the only way to enter Corona Mountain, is to complete episode 7 on all the 7 main courses. Simply put, episode 8 is completely optional.

Yeah, I know how to get inside Corona Mountain. I just can't complete episodes 5/6 of each world. The only exceptions are Bianco Hills and Gelato Beach. I've seen the Shadow Mario missions via YouTube and they don't look hard at all.

The Shadow Mario chases are pretty straightforward. However, the one at Sirena Beach does have Boos disguised as Shadow Mario, and in Pianta Village, Shadow Mario leaves behind boiling hot graffiti.

Shadow Mario is really easy. No time limit, nothing like that. The main missions I had trouble with were:

Gelato Beach: The sand bird red coin mission, my main problem was when it turned over onto it's back.
Hotel Delfino: The one where the shine is in a swimming pool. I had so much trouble with that one, that I had to come to the wiki for help, something I normally wouldn't do.

Which reminds me, rebattling bosses all the time is another flaw of Super Mario Sunshine. Especially Shadow Mario.

I loved playing this as a kid. Though Isle Delfino Yoshis are pretty weird... I didn't like that they wasted 24 Shine Sprites on blue coins. Some levels were really annoying, I remember when I was younger I could not do mission 6 on Ricco Harbor, haha. I'd play it again if my controllers didn't have unresponsive R buttons... :/

Pinkie Pie said:
Pinkie Pie said:
Isn't this game's bonus level theme a remix of Wario Land 4's bonus level theme?

I thought you said you only quote yourself redundantly if you're in Mindless Junk.

Proven false.

I think Super Mario Sunshine was one of my first Mario games that I owned. I really loved that game, but failed horribly at it, haha.

It is a good game, but not one of the best Mario games... There aren't much stages (compared with its predecessor) and some episodes is kinda repetitive. The blue coins was a bad ideia, bad use of Yoshi... :(

But the game has his good moments (FLUDD, the story, new characters, the hub world...). I wish Nintendo would make a Super Mario Sunshine 3DS some day. ;)

I'm honestly fond of this game and I find it to be pretty decent. It was my first 3D Mario game, so you could imagine all of the nostalgia this thread gives me. And I happen to think a remake for 3DS would be awesome! However, I don't want a sequel to it. F.L.U.D.D. and his power-ups were cool, but having the whole game focus on that mechanic was kind of a turn-off for me. Not to mention the dissolving Yoshis, my poor babies... Anyways, what I liked though was the unique tropical focus on settings and assets. Also, the Piantas are awesome and I just love Bowser Jr.! He's my second favorite Mario villain right before Bowser! And Shadow Mario was pretty cool too!

So yeah, I'd love a remake, ESPECIALLY WITH LUIGI PLAYABLE! Also, I would love for F.L.U.D.D. to actually be a power-up in future Mario games and even spin-offs like Mario Kart! Imagine it, you can spray water on the road which derails a kart's current speed and direction and you'll be able to hover and fly like a rocket in 2D Mario's! It would be great! I just don't want a sequel with F.L.U.D.D. being the main focus though because that was really the only main 3D Mario feature I wasn't too fond of having to rely on ALL of the time.

*turns on wii*
Me: Why dont i play SMG2?
*goes to starshine beach galaxy for the first time*
Me: COOL PIANTA'S!
Me: AND YOSHIS HERE TOO!

Super Mario Sunshine gave me the fright to enter water...

*Accidentally falls in water*
Me: *BLEEP* YOU YOSH..... WHAT? Yoshi can swim?!?!?

Super Mario Sunshine was cool but gives bad impressions on future games..

*does 2nd mission*

Me: Hmm.. Heave Ho? He seems to be working out. I hope he isnt a chuckster. Let me go closer... NO FACIAL HAUIR :D ... I FEEL LIKE BOPPING YOU ON THE HEAD.
Pianta: Heave-Ho
Me: MOMMY HE'S STILL A MURDERER!

Back