Super Smash Bros. 3D

What do you think of the idea for a 3DS game? NO, nothing is confirmed, I just wanted to make a discussion on peoples thoughts.

Redshift

Eats Lunch at 4:00 pm
Wiki Patroller
I approve. And as long as Ness is playable, it would be a great game. My sister also said it was a great idea.

Redshift

Wiki Patroller
They're not going to do that unfortunately. Even Brawl had to be dual-layered to do that

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Sounds interesting. If a handheld SSB game or even just a fourth one is made, I'd really like some Battle Network characters. Oh, and give Ganondorf a less horrible moveset.

Beagle said:
Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
They're not going to do that unfortunately. Even Brawl had to be dual-layered to do that
Considering it's a DS game, it may even have less characters
Then it'd be the perfect excuse to get rid off Sonic and Snake.

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
No.

schmutz

welcome to the hotel waluigi
Nightwatcher said:
Indeed.

I don't think a handheld Smash bros. would happen, though. Most people wouldn't want to lose characters and stages because of less memory. Including me.

schmutz said:
Nightwatcher said:
Indeed.

I don't think a handheld Smash bros. would happen, though. Most people wouldn't want to lose characters and stages because of less memory. Including me.
It's like Mario Part DS

Redshift

Wiki Patroller
What? The 3DS cartridge has BIGGER capacity in there. We can probably fit all of Super Smash Bros in there, maybe even throw in Melee stuff.

Penguin Mario

🐧Penguins. Lots of them.🐧🐧🐧🐧
schmutz said:
Nightwatcher said:
Indeed.

Mario Kart DS.

Redshift

Wiki Patroller
Nah, turning into a star is always better

Penguin Mario

🐧Penguins. Lots of them.🐧🐧🐧🐧
I wonder how they will do screen-KOs, you know, where the character "hits" the screen instead of turning into a star?

Redshift

Wiki Patroller
It will just be like the other games, of course.

Redshift

Wiki Patroller
Possibly, but not likely since it won't include all characters from Brawl. But King K. Rool as playable is a great idea.

Fawfulfury65

The Last Story
Retired Wiki Staff
I think it's best for this to be released on a console, such as the successor to the Wii, whatever that may be. The Wii 2 will have a lot more space than the 3DS I'm sure.

If there is a new SSB, Fawful should AT LEAST appear as a trophy. He didn't appear in SSBB at all, besides the FWFUL nickname, which is only a reference. King K. Rool should too because he's a villain of one of the main series.

And no Sonic or Snake.

Redshift

Wiki Patroller
Fawfulfury65 said:
I think it's best for this to be released on a console, such as the successor to the Wii, whatever that may be. The Wii 2 will have a lot more space than the 3DS I'm sure.

If there is a new SSB, Fawful should AT LEAST appear as a trophy. He didn't appear in SSBB at all, besides the FWFUL nickname, which is only a reference. King K. Rool should too because he's a villain of one of the main series.

And no Sonic or Snake.
Same with Baby Luigi. No trophy either, just a puny sticker. Yet Baby Peach received a trophy :(

The 3DS will be portable, though, so you can take it wherever you want. That's one of the advantages. A pretty big one I say. I would love to play Super Smash Bros. 3DS on the go.

Fawfulfury65

The Last Story
Retired Wiki Staff
BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

And no Sonic or Snake.
Same with Baby Luigi. No trophy either, just a puny sticker. Yet Baby Peach received a trophy :(
The same happened with Count Bleck. I don't see why they couldn't fit him anywhere but in a sticker that's so small that you can hardly tell it's him. However, Wedding Peach, Wedding Bowser, and Fractail have trophies for some reason.

There could be a lot more trophies and stuff if the game is on a console, but it being on a handheld would be nice.

Redshift

Wiki Patroller
They can remove most of the trophies on the handheld. I think it occupies most of the space in Brawl, along with the CGI cutscenes

Koopayoshi

Shine Sprite
BabyLuigiOnFire said:
They can remove most of the trophies on the handheld. I think it occupies most of the space in Brawl, along with the CGI cutscenes
True that was the most annoy part about Brawl, the trophies

Redshift

Wiki Patroller
Well, I liked the trophies in Melee better because of the less restricted camera.