Mario and Sonic at the London Games

Fawfulfury65 said:
I was not excited when I heard this got announced.

Neither was I. I'd rather they focus on their own series than work on this on. Sonic Cycle anyone?

They should make some other kind of game. We already have Olympic games.

If a Mario/Sonic platformer was announced, I would be a tad more excited.

Since my sister lives under the same roof as me, multiplayer games appeal to us more. However, the Mario/Sonic platformer would be more fresh.

kat-rin koopa said:
HOLD EVERYTHING.

The official website has gone up...and there's only 20 playable characters! There's no new additions!

Sorry for double post, but this is a major disappointment. This might be even worse than Mario Sports Mix.

But at least, we get pretty awesome pictures like this.

MarioLondon2012.png

Scrub Jay said:
kat-rin koopa said:
HOLD EVERYTHING.

The official website has gone up...and there's only 20 playable characters! There's no new additions!

Sorry for double post, but this is a major disappointment. This might be even worse than Mario Sports Mix.

MarioLondon2012.png

BOO. Give me other characters such as Toadette

Other characters will come.

Scrub Jay said:
No, I think it's been confirmed that there's only 20.

Scrub Jay said:
kat-rin koopa said:
HOLD EVERYTHING.

MarioLondon2012.png
Great. Looks like another game with that javelin throw event.

This sounds exactly the same as the first Mario & Sonic. Only 20 characters, with half of them being Sonic characters? I hate crossovers.

Mario and Sonic should never be in a crossover together, especially one made by Sega. Nintendo would do a better job by far.

LOL, 20 characters. They should make another genre of cross-overs. Don't care, as long Baby Luigi is in it, I'm happy.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Scrub Jay said:
No, I think it's been confirmed that there's only 20.

Scrub Jay said:
kat-rin koopa said:
HOLD EVERYTHING.

MarioLondon2012.png
Great. Looks like another game with that javelin throw event.

This sounds exactly the same as the first Mario & Sonic. Only 20 characters, with half of them being Sonic characters? I hate crossovers.

Mario and Sonic should never be in a crossover together, especially one made by Sega. Nintendo would do a better job by far.

I was thinking in the "impaling an obese elf" category. :D

In my first post, I said that Nintendo should develop the game instead. It's MARIO and Sonic. Why can't they get a chance? I know for certain they will make a better game than Sega!

And Nintendo will add better characters such as Baby Luigi and Big rather than Birdo and some random Sonic character. Look what Square did to Mario Sports Mix when it comes to characters.

Geez, why does NO ONE care about the character roster anymore?

Scrub Jay said:
Geez, why does NO ONE care about the character roster anymore?

I think it's safe to say that this is going to turn out to be like Guitar Hero: a new installment every year. Hopefully it ends up ending just like the series too.

If only there was a Mario crossover title, which involves Nintendo, Sega, and Square Enix. Imagine matchups such as Mario and Slime vs. Sonic and Black Mage.

Scrub Jay said:
kat-rin koopa said:
HOLD EVERYTHING.

The Mario and Sonic crossover should get away from the Olympics, since that's pretty much why things aren't working right for the two.

They can do something else. I wouldn't mind racing or tennis or something, just as long as it is good. And I would root for platformers if it is ONLY multiplayer oriented

I actually would love a racing between the Mario/Sonic teams. That would be epic.

Or maybe Mario and Sonic Party?

Mario and Sonic Kart would be great, but only if Nintendo is developing the game.

Only as long as they have the Double Dash cast plus Sonic characters (or at least it has Baby Luigi in it) then I'll approve of a Mario and Sonic racing

Fawfulfury65 said:
Well what were you expecting? That's like someone complaining that half of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3's roster is half Capcom characters.

I wish there would be more characters, though

'3K said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
Well what were you expecting? That's like someone complaining that half of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3's roster is half Capcom characters.

Maybe she expected the roster to be like 11 Mario characters and 9 Sonic characters.

Even if the roster is equal currently, I still think it is not fair how Nintendo is not developing the game.

Besides, even though this is a minor issue, if Nintendo made the game we might get colored instruction booklets instead of those boring grayscale ones.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
I wish there would be more characters, though

Well, judging by the quote, it's safe to say that ALL the playables from the Olympic Winter Games will be playable again. Guess Sega has an issue with adding unlockable characters.

Maybe they are just lazy.

Scrub Jay said:
Maybe they are just lazy.

Yeah, even Square Enix had the smarts to make the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest characters hidden for Mario Sports Mix. But I guess that's because they were meant to be secret from the get go.

I think Squenix was lazy too. Or just afraid that the fans might rage at a random characters' inclusion, but hey, no matter what you do, you will never please all your fans.

IMO they should have made it 3DS exclusive

Or at least not make use of the balance board.

Back