Ray Trace

Fastest at casing, fastest at carrying
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
Anyone have any ideas about what the next spin-off Mario game should be besides Mario Kart? I'd say Mario American Football/Rugby

Why don't they return to their roots and have a competitive platforming battle game? Sort of like Mario vs Luigi in New Super Mario Bros., but with more characters, more powerups, more levels, and 4-player battles. I'd really enjoy a game like that.

Whatever it will be, it will be something we'll not expect.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Anyone have any ideas about what the next spin-off Mario game should be besides Mario Kart? I'd say Mario American Football/Rugby
I wonder why that sport never made it to Mario Sports Mix.

Maybe because that's not a worldwide known sport?

I'm still buying that game even though I'm not a fan of football

Leonyx said:
Why don't they return to their roots and have a competitive platforming battle game? Sort of like Mario vs Luigi in New Super Mario Bros., but with more characters, more powerups, more levels, and 4-player battles. I'd really enjoy a game like that.

That's a great idea.

I'm all for a Mario Party 9 too

They better come out with a Mario Party 9 featuring Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Birdo, Toad, Toadette, Boo, Dry Bones, Diddy, Dixie, Wario, Waluigi and possibly DK, Rosalina and Koopa Kid as playable characters and take out Hammer Bro and Blooper because no one really liked them in MP8. (People on IGN preferred that they would be background characters)

Even though the last came out 3(possibly 4) years ago, how about a new Strikers game? No idea what it could feature, but I enjoyed Strikers Charged a lot-maybe just a re-release with better characters, more playing fields, and the abilty to have your team made up of main characters would be a good-selling game. A MP9 would be good but it would more than likely be called MarioParty3DS.

Goombella said:
Even though the last came out 3(possibly 4) years ago, how about a new Strikers game? No idea what it could feature, but I enjoyed Strikers Charged a lot-maybe just a re-release with better characters, more playing fields, and the abilty to have your team made up of main characters would be a good-selling game. A MP9 would be good but it would more than likely be called MarioParty3DS.

I would love it. A sequel to Mario Tennis will be epic as well.

Mario Lacrosse would sound interesting.

Starr said:
They better come out with a Mario Party 9 featuring Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Birdo, Toad, Toadette, Boo, Dry Bones, Diddy, Dixie, Wario, Waluigi and possibly DK, Rosalina and Koopa Kid as playable characters and take out Hammer Bro and Blooper because no one really liked them in MP8. (People on IGN preferred that they would be background characters)

I would like your characters plus Baby Mario and Baby Luigi. I have been anticipating a new Mario Party all this time and still zippo.

Goombella said:

Good idea! Mario Strikers is an awesome series and they can add captains like Baby Mario and Baby Luigi. Maybe they should make it so you can pick captains into your teams instead of sub-players.

I disagree about Mario Party 9 as I didn't enjoy 8 that much, and usually, the sequels relate to each other in quality.
But I do like the Strikers idea, as it is my favourite Mario Sports Series, I also like the Captains Idea. And How about a New Mario Kart!

That was what I meant, your team made up of main characters. By main characters, I meant captains. But they should keep the sub-characters in, and maybe add more.

SuperUltraX said:
I disagree about Mario Party 9 as I didn't enjoy 8 that much, and usually, the sequels relate to each other in quality.

With a little spice and a little pizzazz, they can improve Mario Party 9!

In serious terms, though, Mario Party 8 was flawed. Mario Party DS fixed a lot of its flaws (not the characters, though). I didn't like the Lucky Spaces, the DK/Bowser Spaces, how they basically use 4 vs. 4 minigames to make into duel minigames, yeah, that kind of stuff. If they revamped all of those to make it like Mario Party 6, Mario Party 8 wouldn't suck that bad. Mario Party 6 had the best board mechanics, while Mario Party 5 had the best minigames (from what I played)

No, Mario Party DS came after Mario Party 8. Mario Party 8 came out in May 29, 2007. Mario Party DS came out in November 19, 2007

I want a new Mario Golf. I loved Toadstool Tour to death and would like a new one.

Blues said:
I want a new Mario Golf. I loved Toadstool Tour to death and would like a new one.

A new Mario Tennis along with that would be perfect. It would definitely outclass the tennis and golf games featured in Wii Sports. I really liked Camelot's efforts at the game ;)

No, Mario Party DS came after Mario Party 8. Mario Party 8 came out in May 29, 2007. Mario Party DS came out in November 19, 2007
Did it? I got MP8 the day it came out and I already had MPDS. I thought MP8 came out in 2008.

Goombella said:
Did it? I got MP8 the day it came out and I already had MPDS. I thought MP8 came out in 2008.

Well, MPDS always gets released in all regions after MP8. I checked up those release dates on the wiki. There has must been some mistake.

Hmmmmmm, well my MP8 box says made in 2008, and my MPDS box says made in 2007.Anyway, maybe a new Mario dance game.But a good one this time.

Goombella said:
Hmmmmmm, well my MP8 box says made in 2008, and my MPDS box says made in 2007.Anyway, maybe a new Mario dance game.But a good one this time.

Weird. I'm pretty sure that's a copyright sign and not a made in sign.

Don't you mean Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix? I say yes. The music is also good in that game. I would want to see a new one

I personally liked Dance Dance Revolution songs. I wonder what they will do to make a second one? Maybe add in Super Mario Galaxy music remixed?

Too bad they made Mario Mix a tad easier than the regular deal.

Waluigi plays a big role in that game too.

Toadette also plays a role. Nintendo never pays attention to those characters.

Back