Next spin-off game sans Mario Kart?

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Anyone have any ideas about what the next spin-off Mario game should be besides Mario Kart? I'd say Mario American Football/Rugby
 

Leonyx

Glory to the Shroob Empire! Long live the Shroobs!
Why don't they return to their roots and have a competitive platforming battle game? Sort of like Mario vs Luigi in New Super Mario Bros., but with more characters, more powerups, more levels, and 4-player battles. I'd really enjoy a game like that.
 

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
Whatever it will be, it will be something we'll not expect.
 

PokemonMaster

LETS START A NO AVATAR/SIG FAD.
Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Anyone have any ideas about what the next spin-off Mario game should be besides Mario Kart? I'd say Mario American Football/Rugby
I wonder why that sport never made it to Mario Sports Mix.
 

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
Maybe because that's not a worldwide known sport?
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
I'm still buying that game even though I'm not a fan of football

Leonyx said:
Why don't they return to their roots and have a competitive platforming battle game? Sort of like Mario vs Luigi in New Super Mario Bros., but with more characters, more powerups, more levels, and 4-player battles. I'd really enjoy a game like that.
That's a great idea.

I'm all for a Mario Party 9 too
 

Starr

Starry Eyed.
Banned User
They better come out with a Mario Party 9 featuring Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Birdo, Toad, Toadette, Boo, Dry Bones, Diddy, Dixie, Wario, Waluigi and possibly DK, Rosalina and Koopa Kid as playable characters and take out Hammer Bro and Blooper because no one really liked them in MP8. (People on IGN preferred that they would be background characters)
 

Goombella

Mieu mieu!
Even though the last came out 3(possibly 4) years ago, how about a new Strikers game? No idea what it could feature, but I enjoyed Strikers Charged a lot-maybe just a re-release with better characters, more playing fields, and the abilty to have your team made up of main characters would be a good-selling game. A MP9 would be good but it would more than likely be called MarioParty3DS.
 

Brawl Mario

Super Smash Bros.'s most fearsome plumber
Goombella said:
Even though the last came out 3(possibly 4) years ago, how about a new Strikers game? No idea what it could feature, but I enjoyed Strikers Charged a lot-maybe just a re-release with better characters, more playing fields, and the abilty to have your team made up of main characters would be a good-selling game. A MP9 would be good but it would more than likely be called MarioParty3DS.
I would love it. A sequel to Mario Tennis will be epic as well.

Mario Lacrosse would sound interesting.
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Starr said:
They better come out with a Mario Party 9 featuring Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Birdo, Toad, Toadette, Boo, Dry Bones, Diddy, Dixie, Wario, Waluigi and possibly DK, Rosalina and Koopa Kid as playable characters and take out Hammer Bro and Blooper because no one really liked them in MP8. (People on IGN preferred that they would be background characters)
I would like your characters plus Baby Mario and Baby Luigi. I have been anticipating a new Mario Party all this time and still zippo.

Goombella said:
Even though the last came out 3(possibly 4) years ago, how about a new Strikers game? No idea what it could feature, but I enjoyed Strikers Charged a lot-maybe just a re-release with better characters, more playing fields, and the abilty to have your team made up of main characters would be a good-selling game. A MP9 would be good but it would more than likely be called MarioParty3DS.
Good idea! Mario Strikers is an awesome series and they can add captains like Baby Mario and Baby Luigi. Maybe they should make it so you can pick captains into your teams instead of sub-players.
 

SuperUltraX

It'sa Mystery!
I disagree about Mario Party 9 as I didn't enjoy 8 that much, and usually, the sequels relate to each other in quality.
But I do like the Strikers idea, as it is my favourite Mario Sports Series, I also like the Captains Idea. And How about a New Mario Kart!
 

Goombella

Mieu mieu!
That was what I meant, your team made up of main characters. By main characters, I meant captains. But they should keep the sub-characters in, and maybe add more.
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
SuperUltraX said:
I disagree about Mario Party 9 as I didn't enjoy 8 that much, and usually, the sequels relate to each other in quality.
With a little spice and a little pizzazz, they can improve Mario Party 9!

In serious terms, though, Mario Party 8 was flawed. Mario Party DS fixed a lot of its flaws (not the characters, though). I didn't like the Lucky Spaces, the DK/Bowser Spaces, how they basically use 4 vs. 4 minigames to make into duel minigames, yeah, that kind of stuff. If they revamped all of those to make it like Mario Party 6, Mario Party 8 wouldn't suck that bad. Mario Party 6 had the best board mechanics, while Mario Party 5 had the best minigames (from what I played)
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
No, Mario Party DS came after Mario Party 8. Mario Party 8 came out in May 29, 2007. Mario Party DS came out in November 19, 2007
 

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
I want a new Mario Golf. I loved Toadstool Tour to death and would like a new one.
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Blues said:
I want a new Mario Golf. I loved Toadstool Tour to death and would like a new one.
A new Mario Tennis along with that would be perfect. It would definitely outclass the tennis and golf games featured in Wii Sports. I really liked Camelot's efforts at the game ;)
 

Goombella

Mieu mieu!
Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
No, Mario Party DS came after Mario Party 8. Mario Party 8 came out in May 29, 2007. Mario Party DS came out in November 19, 2007
Did it? I got MP8 the day it came out and I already had MPDS. I thought MP8 came out in 2008.
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Goombella said:
Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
No, Mario Party DS came after Mario Party 8. Mario Party 8 came out in May 29, 2007. Mario Party DS came out in November 19, 2007
Did it? I got MP8 the day it came out and I already had MPDS. I thought MP8 came out in 2008.
Well, MPDS always gets released in all regions after MP8. I checked up those release dates on the wiki. There has must been some mistake.
 

Goombella

Mieu mieu!
Hmmmmmm, well my MP8 box says made in 2008, and my MPDS box says made in 2007.Anyway, maybe a new Mario dance game.But a good one this time.
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Goombella said:
Hmmmmmm, well my MP8 box says made in 2008, and my MPDS box says made in 2007.Anyway, maybe a new Mario dance game.But a good one this time.
Weird. I'm pretty sure that's a copyright sign and not a made in sign.

Don't you mean Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix? I say yes. The music is also good in that game. I would want to see a new one
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
I personally liked Dance Dance Revolution songs. I wonder what they will do to make a second one? Maybe add in Super Mario Galaxy music remixed?
 

Brawl Mario

Super Smash Bros.'s most fearsome plumber
Too bad they made Mario Mix a tad easier than the regular deal.

Waluigi plays a big role in that game too.
 

Dark Light

Cherries and Berries
Toadette also plays a role. Nintendo never pays attention to those characters.
 
Top