New stuff you'd like in future Mario rpgs?

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
I would also to refight bosses in their regular form,

Me too. Also, let us skip cutscenes and the end credits like in Megaman Battle Network, I was playing TTYD yesterday and beat the final boss and during the end credits, an error message popped up saying the disc couldn't be read, so I had to redo the final battle again. I was seriously pissed off. Of course, I'd also like the option of being able to view the end credits at anytime like in Mario Super Sluggers.

I wish we can view cutscenes again. Sometimes, I like to replay the Mario & Luigi games just to view the cutscenes again.

Maybe we can have a more variety of partners so we don't keep getting Goombas, Koopa Troopas, and Bob-ombs.

A Chain Chomp partner is saying something in Paper Mario 3DS

I know, Lace, but we don't know if it is the first partner or not.

Really, Lacey, do you want another Goomba for your first partner?

Scrub Jay said:
I know, Lace, but we don't know if it is the first partner or not.

Really, Lacey, do you want another Goomba for your first partner?

No, I don't. Neither I want a Koopa or a Bob-omb. I want something new. Why do you keep calling me "Lace" anyway?

We could definitely use a Hammer Bro. He is viable for attacks, like his standard is throwing a hammer. His special ability is to throw hammers at switches that Mario cannot reach.

I know what you really like: a Shy Guy.

What I want is either a Bullet Bill or a Dry Bones

A Shy Guy would be awesome!

An enemy from Super Mario Galaxy can be interesting, like a Brr Bit and Burn Bit. Maybe the Bit can change forms?

superjeff64 said:
For, any upcoming Paper Marios, I think some items that refill your star power would be nice.
Scrub Jay said:
A Shy Guy would be awesome!

An enemy from Super Mario Galaxy can be interesting, like a Brr Bit and Burn Bit. Maybe the Bit can change forms?
Scrub Jay said:
We could definitely use a Hammer Bro. He is viable for attacks, like his standard is throwing a hammer. His special ability is to throw hammers at switches that Mario cannot reach.
These are great ideas.

The second game lacked the spin-dash? O I like to use it to get around

The second game lacked the spin-dash?
Yeah.
I like to use it to get around
Same here, helped save some time.

Edit: No more Peach interludes, please! Or at least get rid of the ones where we have to keep track of time (Gourmet Guy's cake and the invisiblity potion).

Also, at least Toad can play a major role. That little guy has been neglected so much.

I think Toad could work as a Paper Mario partner.

Moves:
Veggie Toss: Toad pulls a veggie out of the ground and throws it at an enemy, damaging them. Once in a while, Toad may pull out a bomb instead causing more damage. (Reference to both SMB2 and Wario's Woods).

Research: Similar to Goombario and Goombella's tattle, Toad will look up information about one enemy using a laptop.

Snack Time: Toad will replenish up to 15 HP for either himself or Mario.

POW!: Toad throws a POW Block damaging all ground/ceiling enemies and flipping over shelled enemies. Does more damage than the actual POW Block you buy from stores, but a lot of FP.

Field Ability: Gives Mario information about the area they're currently in or any people nearby much like Goombario and Goombella's field abilities.

Toad can make a mushroom pop out of the ground, hurting all enemies.

I want Toad to use his bazooka from SMRPG

New Super Mario said:
More Fawful, but also more traditional Mario characters.
Fawful blew up.
Scrub Jay said:
Now that's a good idea.
Also, I'd like to be able to play after beating the main game in the Mario & Luigi series...

I would like badges that give you abilities outside of battle, like running faster or an extra "partner" ability.

superjeff64 said:
I think Toad could work as a Paper Mario partner.

Moves:
Veggie Toss: Toad pulls a veggie out of the ground and throws it at an enemy, damaging them. Once in a while, Toad may pull out a bomb instead causing more damage. (Reference to both SMB2 and Wario's Woods).

Research: Similar to Goombario and Goombella's tattle, Toad will look up information about one enemy using a laptop.

Snack Time: Toad will replenish up to 15 HP for either himself or Mario.

POW!: Toad throws a POW Block damaging all ground/ceiling enemies and flipping over shelled enemies. Does more damage than the actual POW Block you buy from stores, but a lot of FP.

Field Ability: Gives Mario information about the area they're currently in or any people nearby much like Goombario and Goombella's field abilities.

I like the idea of Toad being a tattle partner, but I think Toad would be more of a magic user. At least, that's the way I see it.

Gigaremo said:
Also, I'd like to be able to play after beating the main game in the Mario & Luigi series...

Um, you can. You restart from your last save point. Or do you mean something else, like in Pokemon where you continue proceeding?

Well, I was so bored, so I made Luigi have 999 HP. And I beat the final boss with it. Funny, Luigi did not die from that time bomb in the Bowletta fight. Not even close to dying.

Leonyx said:
I like the idea of Toad being a tattle partner, but I think Toad would be more of a magic user. At least, that's the way I see it.

A magic partner would be cool, but I don't think Toad has ever used magic. Magic seems more appropriate for a Magikoopa, who'd be an even awesome-er partner.

I'd like a Toad rather than a Magikoopa TBH

Back