Wii U

No, Nintendo is very intentionally striking down videos...they're pretty anti-internet: remember their rationality for not making a Subspace Emissary mode for SSB4?

Nintendo isn't anti-internet.

They're anti-everything outside of their little self-deluded bubble.

Contra(dictory) said:
No, Nintendo is very intentionally striking down videos...they're pretty anti-internet: remember their rationality for not making a Subspace Emissary mode for SSB4?
that's more sakurai himself than Nintendo as a whole that minds that.

All Nintendo wants to do is make money off people's own videos which I think is actually very wrong. They don't mind people uploading it .

NSY said:
Contra(dictory) said:
that's more sakurai himself than Nintendo as a whole that minds that.
and technically speaking, sakurai does not and never has worked directly for nintendo anyways

I just want to say I respectfully disagree with MatPat's Game Theory on how Nintendo's anti-youtube stance is related to the Wii U's failings. There are plenty of LPers who play Wii U games and say positive things about them. A lot of famous youtubers play the newest Nintendo games when they come out. Not as many, but I think that's more because of Nintendo being 'kiddy' and less Nintendo discouraging them.

Purple Yoshi said:
I just want to say I respectfully disagree with MatPat's Game Theory on how Nintendo's anti-youtube stance is related to the Wii U's failings. There are plenty of LPers who play Wii U games and say positive things about them. A lot of famous youtubers play the newest Nintendo games when they come out. Not as many, but I think that's more because of Nintendo being 'kiddy' and less Nintendo discouraging them.

But still, the youtubers with (by far) the most influence don't do shit about Nintendo, so it's certainly a factor, while it might not necessarily be the main reason (I still think the main reason is Nintendo's negative casual-image they have since a few years).

Can I just say, the new MK8 deal for Wii U is just so ridiculously awesome. I mean, come on, you buy Mario Kart 8 and you get another free game? And most Wii U owners would get Mario Kart 8 anyway.

I think they're doing this just so I can buy it. Ever since I saw Wind Waker HD was on the list of free games.

Shame I don't have Club Nintendo and I already have a Wii U.

That's what you get for being an early adopter...

Squirtle said:

You could always make an account and would still ge the free game tho.

Also if you register all your other games you're gonna have a ton of points of which you can buy real Wii Points (For use in the Wii Shop Channel).

Purple Yoshi said:
Can I just say, the new MK8 deal for Wii U is just so ridiculously awesome. I mean, come on, you buy Mario Kart 8 and you get another free game? And most Wii U owners would get Mario Kart 8 anyway.

I think they're doing this just so I can buy it. Ever since I saw Wind Waker HD was on the list of free games.
Isn't the deal like one of 10 games for Europe and one of 4 games for North America?

That's like...the entire Wii U library!

Aiko Heiwa said:
Purple Yoshi said:

Isn't the deal like one of 10 games for Europe and one of 4 games for North America?

That's like...the entire Wii U library!

More like 4/327 or 10/327 games

Pink Gold Giga12 said:

Totally not advertising or anything

FЯЕ4КШ0ЯГD said:
But still, the youtubers with (by far) the most influence don't do *bleep* about Nintendo, so it's certainly a factor, while it might not necessarily be the main reason (I still think the main reason is Nintendo's negative casual-image they have since a few years).

Well, PewDiePie, being one of the most influential LPers (everybody at school but me and my close friends watches him) not recording stuff about Nintendo doesn't help. I do understand his focus on PC, being the easiest to record and all.

Anyway, what I think Nintendo should do is stop trying to be like Sony and Microsoft. If they want to make glorified PCs, fine.

Batman is in more Wii U games than Mario.

Mario
1- New Super Mario Bros. U
2- Scribblenauts Unlimited
3- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games
4- Super Mario 3D World

Batman
1- Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition
2- Injustice: Gods Among Us
3- LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
4- Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure
5- Batman: Arkham Origins
6- The LEGO Movie Video Game

Godzilla said:
Batman is in more Wii U games than Mario.

Mario
1- New Super Mario Bros. U
2- Scribblenauts Unlimited
3- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games
4- Super Mario 3D World

Batman
1- Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition
2- Injustice: Gods Among Us
3- LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
4- Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure
5- Batman: Arkham Origins
6- The LEGO Movie Video Game