Wii U

Video games are sorta like toys in a sense regardless but if the console has no games you want, why bother purchasing it?

BECAUSE NINTENDO IS THE GREATEST COMPANY EVER AND I HAVE TO SHUT THOSE SONY AND MICROSOFT BITCH FAGGOTS UP

Aiko Heiwa said:
Baby Luigi said:
All types of console wars are stupid. Just buy a system with the games you want with it and have fun with them. Why do you care how well another console does or how more "advanced" it is than the console you own? I don't.
B-b-but how else will I justify my several hundred dollars I spent on what amounts to a fancy toy?
People spend essentially the same amount and more on silly things like perfume, clothing, and handbags (individually), so don't feel too bad about yourself.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Aiko Heiwa said:
Baby Luigi said:
All types of console wars are stupid. Just buy a system with the games you want with it and have fun with them. Why do you care how well another console does or how more "advanced" it is than the console you own? I don't.
B-b-but how else will I justify my several hundred dollars I spent on what amounts to a fancy toy?
People spend essentially the same amount and more on silly things like perfume, clothing, and handbags (individually), so don't feel too bad about yourself.
but people also argue over which of these is better, so...

(also those are used to express style)

(so they are kinda useful)

Meh, don't ask me to spend $250 on a sweater rather than a Wii. That sounds like a waste, IMO. But again, I hate clothes shopping.

To be honest, I feel that the success of all consoles comes from whether it becomes a fad or not, or if it's ads or whatever cause children to drool all over it. And the Wii is a great example of that. Many people including me bought the Wii because of it's motion control (but I also bought it because of my being a Nintendo fanboy who will buy anything with Nintendo or Mario on it). Like sure, the Wii was successful because of that innovation. However, the Wii was mostly successful because that innovation intrigued so many people beyond gamers and so the innovation became a fad. Everybody wanted a Wii.

The same can go for the 3DS. The main thing that caused the 3DS to become so popular is that it became a fad. Sure, it was hole for a while, but it climbed out of it and climbed up a mountain because it became a fad. Almost everyone has a 3DS. I'm not sure about the DS or DSi, but I am pretty sure they got popular for the same fad reason.

The problem with Wii U is the fact that it did not follow the same fad streak as the Wii or 3DS. This doesn't mean that the gamepad idea is bad, but it isn't an idea that can become a fad.

Pretty sure tablet gaming would be considered a "fad"today though...and the gamepad does look like a tablet so idk. 3DS didn't sell well initially

Consoles don't become successful when they are seen as "fads." They become "fads" when they are successful.

Junketsu said:
Consoles don't become successful when they are seen as "fads." They become "fads" when they are successful.

Actually, it's both.

They can become successful from being fads and they can become fads from being successful.

What I mean is, specs and the matter doesn't really make a console sell (Ex. PS3) Heck, even great games can't help a console sell all of the time (Gamecube)

Like I said, the console business is really just a hit or miss thing and you have to be ready for any miss if it happens.

Nintendo; we want to have N64, GCN, DS, and 3DS games on the Virtual Console, please do.

I have a weird question, is Wii U popular in Germany? Because I always see German Wii U videos on YouTube. German reviews, german lets plays, german impression videos, etc.

chillv said:
I have a weird question, is Wii U popular in Germany? Because I always see German Wii U videos on YouTube. German reviews, german lets plays, german impression videos, etc.

Not at all, trust me.

EDIT: Well I know one other guy who has a Wii U and about 5 with a PS4.

Misty said:
I'm still waiting for Pokémon Stadium XY

There was that 2 second clip at...what was it, the VGC or something? I'm sure they're going to do SOMETHING, they completely missed out on a Gen 5 Stadium.

Nintendo isn't doing the copyright strikes, YouTube is.

Back