Wii U

So a question. Can any USB work with the Wii U?

Lakituthequick said:
I believe it would, though it is very likely it requires a hard drive.

Unless you're talking Mii pictures, then it needs an SD card.
I'm trying to download Lego Marvel Superheroes and don't have enough space.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-s-plan-to-quietly-kill-the-wii-u/1100-6418177/

This is an interesting read

Although I don't think they will simply "discontinue" the Wii U after this year like he implies, I think there's at least some relevance in that article.

ernesth100 said:
Last question. How long do you suppose a flash drive would ladt if I were to use it instead of a Hard Drive?
Just don't use a flash drive at all, they have limited read/write times and the way the Wii U works with external memory is by CONSTANTLY reading/writing data, like a disk.

Aiko Heiwa said:
ernesth100 said:
Last question. How long do you suppose a flash drive would ladt if I were to use it instead of a Hard Drive?
Just don't use a flash drive at all, they have limited read/write times and the way the Wii U works with external memory is by CONSTANTLY reading/writing data, like a disk.
Could I use an SD Card? If not I'll just buy the Hard Drive.

ernesth100 said:
Aiko Heiwa said:
ernesth100 said:
Could I use an SD Card? If not I'll just buy the Hard Drive.
SD cards don't work for storing on the Wii U.

I use this, it work perfectly

http://www.amazon.com/MiniPro-External-Portable-Drive-Nintendo/dp/B00BI4DNQK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420599479&sr=8-1&keywords=wii+u+harddrive

Ultimate ToxBox said:
I use this, it work perfectly

http://www.amazon.com/MiniPro-External-Portable-Drive-Nintendo/dp/B00BI4DNQK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420599479&sr=8-1&keywords=wii+u+harddrive
I'll just buy a regular one.

I have to officially consider the Wii U to be a failure and a flop on nintendo's behalf at this point. Poor sales, lack of third party support, almost unrecognizable and lasted just 4 years. I blame Nintendo on a lot of this as well as it was so poorly advertised , poor launch lineup and it took a risk with the gamepad. The console itself has produced a decent library of about 15 or so hit games but considering the AAA industry were ignoring the Wii U because they thought their game wouldn't sell on it. Ubisoft in particular tried so hard to support the Wii U but stopped once they realized they weren't selling. I don't regret buying a Wii U at all because of what it had to offer and I think it's a good console but it's hard to deny that it was a failure at this point.

It could have mostly been avoided if they came up with a better name.

Even Super Wii or Wii 2 would have made more sense. God, Wii U. As in "Wii are trying to Uthanize our grip on the market"?

Magikrazy said:

Even Super Wii or Wii 2 would have made more sense. God, Wii U. As in "Wii are trying to Uthanize our grip on the market"?

xbox one is arguably a shittier name and it sold more units than the wii u

Yeah, but at least I can tell it's a different console. Jokes aside, I've never heard the original Xbox called Xbox One.

Wii U sounds like a peripheral for the Wii, and with that dumb gamepad it may as well have been.

Magikrazy said:

Yeah, every name up until the Wii U has made at least some sense so far;

NES- an acronym of "Nintendo Entertainment System".
SNES- "Super" NES, as it had vastly improved hardware.
N64- 64 bit Nintendo console.
GameCube- it's a cube. This is where it gets worse IMO.
Wii- "we"? possibly to showcase the Wii's simple multiplayer or wide audiences, idk
Wii U- "we, you" that's just an irrelevant pun.

Wii U production shouldn't stop just yet, it still has lots of first party potential if Nintendo can just pull out a good game.

Back