Wii U

Rosalina and Luma said:
Lakituthequick said:
Dr. Mario said:
I always thought Miiverse was a pretty awful idea. I mean... what can you do with it other than take screenshots, even though the process is pretty dang tedious anyway?
You can ask people where to find stuff you can't. I've done that before and it actually worked, so.

Also unless you are taking 3DS screenshots with it, Wii U screenshots are not the best size you can get with Miiverse.
Oh wow...

Well, besides Miiverse, there are other ways to screenshot?
3DS: capture device
Wii U: Internet Browser uploader and HDMI-capture device.

So in short, for 3DS, Miiverse is the best way to get screenshots, that even come in 3D using it, while on Wii U the Internet Browser's uploader is the best.

However, if you do are owner of a capture device for either 3DS or HDMI, use that instead. Above methods give you JPEG images, which while in pretty good quality, are still JPEGs.

Wii U firmware update 5.2.0 U - folders added

Version 5.2.0 U:

Released September 29th, 2014

Changes to the Wii U Menu:

Folders can now be created in the Wii U Menu to hold and organize software icons
A Download Management icon has been added to the Wii U Menu

Changes to Quick Start Menu:

The Quick Start Menu will now display when the Wii U is powered on from the Wii U GamePad TV Remote
Options have been added to Power Settings that allow users to hide certain software from the Quick Start Menu

Changes to the HOME Menu:

The design and layout of the HOME Menu has been updated

Changes to the Nintendo eShop:

Disabled usage of characters not used when redeeming Nintendo eShop cards (O, I, Z, etc.)

Improvements to system stability and usability:

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

SOURCE:
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/238496-wii-u-firmware-update-5-2-0-u-folders-added

Amazing, finally.

Lakituthequick said:
On 3DS it just doubles the available spaces if you're running out.

I don't want to question your math skills or anything, but I'm afraid that theres space for more than 2 games per folder.

Dr. John H. Watson said:
Lakituthequick said:
On 3DS it just doubles the available spaces if you're running out.

I don't want to question your math skills or anything, but I'm afraid that theres space for more than 2 games per folder.
Didn't imply otherwise.

On a out-of-the-box 3DS, there are 60 spots on the Home-screen. Should those 60 spots be (near-)filled, it expands to 120.

Lakituthequick said:
Rosalina and Luma said:
Lakituthequick said:
Dr. Mario said:
I always thought Miiverse was a pretty awful idea. I mean... what can you do with it other than take screenshots, even though the process is pretty dang tedious anyway?
You can ask people where to find stuff you can't. I've done that before and it actually worked, so.

Also unless you are taking 3DS screenshots with it, Wii U screenshots are not the best size you can get with Miiverse.
Oh wow...

So in short, for 3DS, Miiverse is the best way to get screenshots, that even come in 3D using it, while on Wii U the Internet Browser's uploader is the best.

However, if you do are owner of a capture device for either 3DS or HDMI, use that instead. Above methods give you JPEG images, which while in pretty good quality, are still JPEGs.

How do you take a screenshot with the Wii U internet browser?

Cirdec said:

afaik you cannot screenshot from anything that is not a real application (internet browser is always executed with sth in the background, as is miiverse, the friends list and others).

Cirdec said:
Lakituthequick said:
Rosalina and Luma said:
Lakituthequick said:
Dr. Mario said:

Oh wow...

you literally suspend an application, load up the Wii U browser, and go to any site that lets you upload images and upload it

Dr. John H. Watson said:
Cirdec said:

afaik you cannot screenshot from anything that is not a real application (internet browser is always executed with sth in the background, as is miiverse, the friends list and others).
Hint: he said "with", not "from". You are entirely correct, but it was not what he asked.

So it's been confirmed that the Gamecube Controller adapter does indeed work with everything that uses a Classic Controller or Pro Controller, but the real question is, does it actually emulate the Wii's Gamecube ports in Wii mode mainly for the sake of consistently correct button mapping across all games in the case of games where the control scheme was for some reason different between the two and also rumble support.

Also for the very few games that specifically made use of the Gamecube ports and not the Classic Controller ports for things like 8 players and stupid design choices (though the only games that apply are AFL, Bomberman Blast, Bomberman Land, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Metal Slug Anthology, Rugby League 3, Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity. True masterpieces of our generation).

SKmarioman said:
So it's been confirmed that the Gamecube Controller adapter does indeed work with everything that uses a Classic Controller or Pro Controller.

Aaaand-its-Gone.jpg

It only works with SSB4.
http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-now-says-the-gamecube-controller-adapter-for-wii-u-only-works-with-smash-bros/

MaMeSoPa said:
SKmarioman said:
So it's been confirmed that the Gamecube Controller adapter does indeed work with everything that uses a Classic Controller or Pro Controller.

Aaaand-its-Gone.jpg

It only works with SSB4.
http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-now-says-the-gamecube-controller-adapter-for-wii-u-only-works-with-smash-bros/
well that's just stupid, even though it's designed for smash 4, it should still be used for other games.

MaMeSoPa said:
SKmarioman said:

Aaaand-its-Gone.jpg

It only works with SSB4.
Ugh. Then at least lower the price tag, I mean why the heck would I buy a full priced controller for only one game, let alone four. And I'm pretty sure some modders have found code for Gamecube controllers is still present int he vWii so the adapter could really, really easily emulate the Wii's Gamecube controller ports.

Well, I guess I can give my Wii Remote + Nunchuk some love now.

My main problem is that I'll never be able to play any of my N64 VC games with a good controller, I was stuck with atrocious aftermarket controllers until after I transferred to my Wii U.

And yes, these bootlegs were modeled after Wii Classic Controllers.

Actually on a different note seeing as it uses USB ports I wonder if someone will try to get them running on PC.

Anser said:
So Nintendo will have run out of its two "bomb" games after Super Smash Bros. for Wii U gets released. I wonder what they will cling to to try and save the console later.

Ummm...did you forget about Zelda U?

Not to mention the line-up they have coming this upcoming year:

bwdnyr-imaagfhv__large.jpg

Besides, the console is in very great shape, and Nintendo has called this year a very good one for them. With the games coming out this next year, we will probably see a lot more sales bursting through the doors of Nintendo. This is probably one of the most solid line-ups for Nintendo in years for a console.

I knew never to doubt Nintendo's discisions with the console, this is turning out great.

And you certainly can't forget about Amiibo, DLC...
how am i supposed to get enough monies for this shit

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/10/19/rejecting-the-wii-u-end-user-license-agreement-locks-the-system/

Back