Wii U

...system update is taking way too long...

Nabber said:
Pidgey said:
Nabber said:
Epic Nitwit said:
please tell me your thoughts when you get a chance to play it.
I will, if I can get my parents to let me play it...
It's a new console you're having. You should be allowed to forget about school for today and play it for as long as you please. Schoolwork and such could be saved for tomorrow, because not every day needs to be a studying day. As a matter of fact, when I get the Wii U, I will probably forget about school (heck, maybe even this place) and just play the fuck out of it.
are you serious
are you actually asking me to get about my two tests, two projects, and math homework for a video game?
Oh, didn't know the amount of schoolwork you had. Now, from what you've said, studying may be a good thing to do in your case.

Anyway, while I wasn't feeling that hyped for this console for a while ago, I suddenly became slightly hyped for it. Why? I have no idea.

Lakituthequick said:
Epic Nitwit said:
Apparently, Nintendo is charging $0.50 for Nintendo Network registration if you are a minor.
What?

To put it another way, if you are under a certain age (I'm guessing it's 18) you won't be able to register on the Nintendo Network without paying $0.50 "to verify that a parent or guardian has provided consent for them to be on there."

Here's the source:
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/11/18/nintendo-charges-0-50-to-register-minors-on-nintendo-network/

Pidgey said:
Nabber said:
Pidgey said:
Nabber said:
Epic Nitwit said:
please tell me your thoughts when you get a chance to play it.
I will, if I can get my parents to let me play it...
It's a new console you're having. You should be allowed to forget about school for today and play it for as long as you please. Schoolwork and such could be saved for tomorrow, because not every day needs to be a studying day. As a matter of fact, when I get the Wii U, I will probably forget about school (heck, maybe even this place) and just play the *bleep* out of it.
are you serious
are you actually asking me to get about my two tests, two projects, and math homework for a video game?
Oh, didn't know the amount of schoolwork you had. Now, from what you've said, studying may be a good thing to do in your case.

Anyway, while I wasn't feeling that hyped for this console for a while ago, I suddenly became slightly hyped for it. Why? I have no idea.
Yeah me too. I guess it's all that new Rayman Legends fotage thats got me wanting it.

Anyway, Wii U itself is fine. I haven't gotten much time to access all of it's features, but the GamePad works well, the buttons are all within comfortable reach, touch interface is satisfying. I haven't gotten much time to play Nintendo Land either, but it doesn't seem too bad for a pack-in. That said, I don't know whether it was because of my family's horrible communication skills, or that only two other people were playing, but the two multiplayer games I played (Mario Chase and Luigi's Ghost Mansion) were incredibly easy for me.

However, something that's really bugging me is the loading times. Things can take a good 30 seconds to start up, and it's pretty annoying.

And this is coming from a guy who plays Portal 2.

I opted for the updates, and I've spent the last hour and a half watching tv while it loads. I am currently 37 minutes away from finishing the final update, which then I can play nintendo land.

Fi said:
I opted for the updates, and I've spent the last hour and a half watching tv while it loads. I am currently 37 minutes away from finishing the final update, which then I can play nintendo land.
After you set up your Nintendo Network ID, don't forget to tell me!

I'm still deciding on my name.

I'd do NSM, but I use that for everything.

I might go with "Spyro" and if that's not available, "Cooper" or something. And if neither of those are, I'll just try NSM.

New Super Mario said:
I'm still deciding on my name.

I'd do NSM, but I use that for everything.

I might go with "Spyro" and if that's not available, "Cooper" or something. And if neither of those are, I'll just try NSM.
Nah, I think it has to be at least 6 characters, so.

Back