• no ideas

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Dorayaki

King Bowser
http://www.mariowiki.com/Category:Crossover_Games

since the release of Mario Sports Mix
I'm curious about other possible new games of crossover themes
but is it really a perfect idea doing so? looking back other old games...

for crossover, except Nintendo inside reunion, others relate to cooperation of different companies
the following would be classified by company

Nintendo inside- Super Smash Bros, Captain Rainbow
Super Smash Bros is the most famous game for its property of crossover
but as Sega made their allstars in other games like racing and tennis
there is no knowing whether Smash Bros only restricts to fighting?

for Captain Rainbow, it's a nice plan to collect every subcharacter's side story
but I hope Mario series try to do it well by themselves = =

Hudson Soft - Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman!
Hudson Soft is a substaff of Konami, they are also famous of Mario Party series here
this crossover wasn't a really big plan
but technically, the story background of Bomberman is not so compatible with Mari since not a concrete RPG

EA Sports - SSX on Tour, NBA Street V3
seriously, Nintendo is a famous for both its game console and games
so it seems like a compromise of EA to make this games crossover rather than cooperation
but as now EA have their NBA and FIFA on Wii, there is no new plan to make this crossover again
it may be another freshness to see Mario members fight with stars in reality or in realistic stages

Namco - Mario Kart Arcade GP
reverse from the previous one
seems that Nintendo needs technique of arcade so make compromise to let Pac-Man and Mametchi(belong to Bandai toy design)
there is no news whether Arcade GP would release a 3rd, but it's still a little sad if they won't partake in.

SEGA - Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
we can see that SEGA is now active in games that can be used in DS and Wii
except for Sonic's stage in Smash bros, Olympic Games is also a big plan to attract with many fans
it is also vry possible to make a sequel or other cooperation

Square Enix - Itadaki Street DS, Mario Hoops 3-on-3
not just because of SE's success in their Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest series
but their RPG styles have a nice compatibility with Mario series

Itadaki Street was originally for crossover of FF and Dragon Quest
but for this DS, seems to let Nintendo and SE balance, FF was kicked out

Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and its sequal are actually doing well
but the only and the worst disadvantage is their member roster
where FF characters can't appear but species and professions
although it may be owing to each generation of FF and DQ is a irrelevant story when Mario members take long-term stages
but Itadaki Street still let representives from every game take stages
and the subseries Chocobo shoulf be a better choice
though the next cooperation of Nintendo and SE is very possible, this problem needs solving

sometimes Mario members are just guests in other games
but when a game under Mario title or cooperation by half, balance is also a problem
for example, Birdo and Toadette in Mario, Chocobo in FF or Cream in Sonic seldom or never participated in these games
if balance is not good and provokes fans from both sides, maybe crossover is not a neat idea anymore

Crossovers are fine as long as Nintendo/whatever other company doesn't over do it. Super Smash Bros. was a great Nintendo crossover game and I am hoping for a 4th one.

I do want cross-overs. They tend to last much longer than the mainstream games in terms of replay value.

If they're going to make a Mario & Sonic game, Nintendo should be the ones in charge.

Certain crossovers work, while others don't. SEGA and Square Enix are a few examples of some good crossovers.

MnSG said:
Certain crossovers work, while others don't. SEGA and Square Enix are a few examples of some good crossovers.

What do you mean? I heard that Mario & Sonic games were mediocre.

Super Smash Bros. was a good cross-over.

And it was really awesome to have Mario working along with Sonic in Mario & Sonic Olympics

Scrub Jay said:
MnSG said:

What do you mean? I heard that Mario & Sonic games were mediocre.

Maybe next time, something other than the Olympics. The Mario & Sonic crossover can work out, if done smart.

Yes, but I wish Nintendo can take part in the developing.

I thought they had a truce.

Yes, but it was a former rival

Nintendo could help Sega earn money. I think Nintendo has a better reputation than Sega.

Some more crossovers would be interesting and I think it would make some fans happy, but for every fan thats happy, there's gonna be another fan who's totally pissed off.

That's a fact of life. Nothing can ever make everyone happy, no matter how minor it is.

MnSG said:
Uuhmm....Namco and EA seem not to be bad but just not intend to have a longterm cooperation
because their crossovers are also attractive

Apparently, Nintendo and SEGA are working on a new Mario/Sonic game. It's been rumored that it's gonna be like the Olympic games.

Starr said:
Apparently, Nintendo and SEGA are working on a new Mario/Sonic game. It's been rumored that it's gonna be like the Olympic games.

It would seem interesting if Nintendo, SEGA, and Square Enix were involved with one game. Of course, that's pretty much a long stretch.

Nintendo has enough franchises to make their own crossover. I'm just not sure what series to blend together.

I hope they don't make another Olympics game this time. The games were good, but I want something more original...

...Wait a second, Mario games and Originality never mix. Nevermind.

Mario isn't a stale recycled formula, though.

Never said it was, but they do repeat almost identical formulas in each mainstream game.

Super Mario 64, Peach was kidnapped by Bowser
Super Mario Sunshine, Peach was kidnapped by Bowser and Baby Bowser.
Super Mario Galaxy, Peach was kidnapped by Bowser again.
Super Mario Galaxy 2, Peach was kidnapped by Bowser AGAIN.
NSMB, Peach gets kidnapped by Bowser YET AGAIN.
NSMB Wii, Peach gets kidnapped by Koopalings instead but Mario has to fight Bowser to get her back...AGAIN.

See? The mainstream Mario series has been using the same "Kidnapping Peach" formula for years. But who cares? As long as the gameplay is awesome, it's fine by me.

They're practically the same thing anyway...

But I don't think anyone plays Mario for the plot.

Back