• okay, just not too often

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • no more!

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • no ideas

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
Peachy said:
I can't really think of anything that would go with Mario well... maybe another Nintendo franchise or maybe something from a different company? (like maybe Namco)
And the Mario/Sonic series isn't really good, but that's my opinion.
for Olympic series, it was made by SEGA sports staff since its more their talent
just see how would the genre be

Olympic series is generally nice, although many other main characters weren't playable and some other minor drawbacks

I disliked it how the latest Mario and Sonic failed to add any more new characters.

I kind of think that if a sequel to Mario Sports Mix is made, Nintendo, Sega, and Square Enix should be involved with it. That way, the Mario, Sonic, and Final Fantasy franchises can compete against each other. I even have a roster all set up, regarding this.

Team Mario

All-Around: Mario, Luigi, Yoshi
Technical: Peach, Daisy, Waluigi
Speedy: Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., Toad
Powerful: Wario, Donkey Kong, Bowser

Team Sonic

All-Around: Amy, Blaze, Rouge
Technical: Tails, Dr. Eggman, Silver
Speedy: Sonic, Shadow, Metal Sonic
Powerful: Knuckles, Vector, E-123 Omega

Team Final Fantasy

All-Around: Red Mage, Knight, Ninja
Technical: White Mage, Black Mage, Mog
Speedy: Chocobo, Thief, Cactuar
Powerful: Dark Knight, Volg, Bahamut

Finally, somebody who considered Toad.

I would just like the next Mario Sports Mix-esque game to have characters from the Mario series only, so other characters don't take up slots and ruin chances for Baby Luigi and Toadette to be in.

I would like Mario and Sonic to take on something like platforming, even though I'd rather see a spin-off. Still, it would be cool to see them cooperating against Bowser and Eggman in a serious game.

MnSG said:
I kind of think that if a sequel to Mario Sports Mix is made, Nintendo, Sega, and Square Enix should be involved with it. That way, the Mario, Sonic, and Final Fantasy franchises can compete against each other. I even have a roster all set up, regarding this.
Bahamut
basically since you even didn't solve the problem for the previous two teams when some major characters are absent
I think there is no talking about another team bothering instead of participation
besides, what tou said about SE form Mario Spot Mix also haven't solved the problem : species as playble character

the next London game makes no improvement, whatever

Ornithologist Mario said:
Finally, somebody who considered Toad.
if that Yoshi didn't go with Birdo is not controversy enough, we think that Toadette and Toad may better be assistants at present

^Toad and Toadette are better left as playable characters as opposed to being assistant status/host characters.

I don't know much about the Mario & Sonic franchise; however, it is disappointing to see that the third installment did not add any new characters. I was hoping that Toad would make it in to this as well as a few others.

Propeller Toad said:
^Toad and Toadette are better left as playable characters as opposed to being assistant status/host characters.

I actually like them being hosts just because they do such a good job doing it.

Leonyx said:
Propeller Toad said:

Isn't that what Toadsworth is around for though? And of course, Toads are a generic species as well.

MnSG said:
Leonyx said:
Propeller Toad said:

Isn't that what Toadsworth is around for though? And of course, Toads are a generic species as well.

I don't really like Toadsworth doing it. He doesn't seem right for the job to me.

Leonyx said:
I don't really like Toadsworth doing it. He doesn't seem right for the job to me.

And yet Cranky Kong was a racing participant in Barrel Blast. Toadsworth may be an older Toad, but he can still play the role as host and/or referee if he wants to.

I don't mind his being playable. He can play baseball and catch fly balls well, no?

Mario approaching Re-Deads while Wall-Masters seize him?

I would love that idea. :D

MnSG said:
Leonyx said:

And yet Cranky Kong was a racing participant in Barrel Blast. Toadsworth may be an older Toad, but he can still play the role as host and/or referee if he wants to.

He fit in Mario Power Tennis (I think that was him). I'm not saying he shouldn't be in any games or playable. I'm just not liking him as a host so much. I don't mind him being playable at all. I used him a bit in Mario Superstar Baseball.

Propeller Toad said:
I don't know much about the Mario & Sonic franchise; however, it is disappointing to see that the third installment did not add any new characters. I was hoping that Toad would make it in to this as well as a few others.
so do I feel, but not to add new ones as a more than 20 roster is really too huge
taking turns could be more elastic

Smashgoom202 said:
6 words:
Mario and The Legend of Zelda. Yeah. 8)
as the first page, you may wait for Nintendo allstars racing like SEGA did
or Smash bros wouldn't include other notable series at first
SE did their fortune street with only Dragon Quest and FF is because the two are really compatible

MnSG said:
Leonyx said:
He fit in Mario Power Tennis (I think that was him). I'm not saying he shouldn't be in any games or playable. I'm just not liking him as a host so much. I don't mind him being playable at all. I used him a bit in Mario Superstar Baseball.
it's getting off-topic so maybe just halt here and make a new topic
I do think Nintendo have to deal with the problem along with main games since they created Toadsworth

rather than Toads who often are assistants in original spinoffs, I thought Cream as a host is strange too

Dorayaki said:
Smashgoom202 said:
6 words:
Mario and The Legend of Zelda. Yeah. 8)
as the first page, you may wait for Nintendo allstars racing like SEGA did
or Smash bros wouldn't include other notable series at first
SE did their fortune street with only Dragon Quest and FF is because the two are really compatible
I fail to see how any of that has to do with Mario and The Legend of Zelda.

Ornithologist Mario said:
Mario approaching Re-Deads while Wall-Masters seize him?

I would love that idea. :D
That would be very cool. Link running into a Goomba sounds more funny.

Smashgoom202 said:
I meant that Nintendo stress on Nintendo allstars like Smash rather than two owning series
as same examples in SEGA

another problem I think is that Zelda have no "group" to compete in party or racing
as a parallel series do only set main heros without having other notable character recurring (Aryl, Ilia etc)
unless they ignore this and gather them together like SE did in Fortune Street

New Super Yoshi said:
That would be very cool. Link running into a Goomba sounds more funny.
if you mean to make crossover main games, I think there needs compability and a more realistic story background than Smash
only Mario 3D can be emerged but 2d Bros seems not

Dorayaki said:
http://www.mariowiki.com/Category:Crossover_Games

since the release of Mario Sports Mix
I'm curious about other possible new games of crossover themes
but is it really a perfect idea doing so? looking back other old games...

for crossover, except Nintendo inside reunion, others relate to cooperation of different companies
the following would be classified by company

SSB is an awesome game series, but, being a fan of Mario Kart and the baseball games, would love to see a Nintendo Kart Racing, Nintendo Baseball and Mario & Sonic Kart games.

Dorayaki said:
Smashgoom202 said:
I meant that Nintendo stress on Nintendo allstars like Smash rather than two owning series
as same examples in SEGA

another problem I think is that Zelda have no "group" to compete in party or racing
as a parallel series do only set main heros without having other notable character recurring (Aryl, Ilia etc)
unless they ignore this and gather them together like SE did in Fortune Street
Umm... You DO realize that Super Smash Bros. is ALL ABOUT Nintendo-owned series, right? Sega and Konami are exceptions to that.

Also, who said anything about partying or racing? I'm talking about an all-out adventure, with Mario and Link, and tones of other characters from their respective series!

Back