Anybody still plays melee or the original Smash Bros.?

My friend has SSBB, i have SSBM but about 3 days ago we were playing the N64 version in another friend house and we actually been playing the original for the last 2 days and have a lot of fun. I think it's such an awesome game and i never stopped playing it. My brother actually prefer playing Melee or the N64 version ON AN EMULATOR than go and play brawl maybe because his character(link) it's more difficult to use in brawl and he hates final smashes. In my opinion: Melee is the best, so i played it the most.
In Brawl i play without FS.
And the original is still awesome, so i play it sometimes with my bro.
PD: we don't use objects in any version and we have a rule that doesn't allow us to attack people that are coming from outside the stage after they are thrown away.
That way is that we become such talented and overcompetitive players.
Back in question: do you?

yeah I still play it and I also got super smash bros 64 on my wii.

I play Super Smash Bros. Melee more than Brawl, actually. And I occasionally play the original.

Even though I've played the original I don't own it so I can't play it.

As for Melee, even before Brawl was announced I got bored with it due to the clone characters and since I have no siblings and I don't have time to visit friends, playing by myself got boring and repetitive so no.

Even by myself I find Brawl to loads of fun and the only reason I'm not playing it anymore is because I'm busy with school.

superjeff64 said:
Even though I've played the original I don't own it so I can't play it.

As for Melee, even before Brawl was announced I got bored with it due to the clone characters and since I have no siblings and I don't have time to visit friends, playing by myself got boring and repetitive so no.

Even by myself I find Brawl to loads of fun and the only reason I'm not playing it anymore is because I'm busy with school.

Brawl have cloned characters too (e.g: Falco.) the clones are part of every smash game.
But it is your opinion, and i respect that.

- + ToD + - said:
Brawl have cloned characters too (e.g: Falco.) the clones are part of every smash game.
But it is your opinion, and i respect that.

I know, but they're not COMPLETE clones since Falco's Reflector covers some horizontal range while Fox's stays still. In Melee, the clones were the exact same except for attack power and speed and in Pichu's case, self-damaging moves.

Yes, I still play them, though I play Brawl the most. I've logged in about 260 hours in Brawl, 300+ in Melee and over 11 of the original (impressive after I've played the next 2 for so long). I have the first game on VC, so if i have disc problems, I can still get my Smash Bros. Fix. :D

I play Melee way more, even though Brawl has amazing texture hacks I can use.

I play Melee a lot more than Super Smash Bros 64 and Brawl. Brawl, while it is a great game, doesn't have that same 'energy' like Melee has. Or it could be because I've played Melee for 6 years and played Brawl for 2. :P

I can't play Melee anymore as of now because my brother took it to college along with the Gamecube (at least I can play GC games on Wii). But I usually only play Brawl.

You should try Melee and the original. They are both as fun as Brawl despite they having less characters and the such.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
You should try Melee and the original. They are both as fun as Brawl despite they having less characters and the such.
I might try Meelee, once I get some gamecube things for my wii sometime this summer, but probably not the 64, because I don't own the system, and don't know anyone that does. The only time's that I've played it were at the doctor's or the dentist

What do you mean "still"? I only ever play Melee except when I visit someone who has something else. It's the only Smash Bros. game I own, but I really want SSB. I can't get SSBB and it pains me.

I play Melee quite a lot as I actually find the gameplay from Melee more intense and fun in comparison to Brawl. I also play it to go back to playing as my favourite character (Pichu) who is not in Brawl.

Nah, it's just SSBB now. I have Melee and SSB64, but I don't play them often. Back in the day, I would play Melee a lot, but when I heard about Brawl, I began losing interest in Melee, cuz y'know, when you play a game for years, it gets boring after a while, and I love the things they introduced into Brawl (Final Smashes FTW)

So yeah... TL;DR: Mostly only Brawl now.

I played Melee after a long time with Brawl and I enjoyed it more.

It doesn't hurt to go back to old games. I still play the original Smash Bros. and it's still fun as ever.

Back