Anybody still plays melee or the original Smash Bros.?

Waker said:
Brawl's on the Wii, not in the Wii Shop <_<
Unless you mean original Smash Bros., in which case idk.

Yeah, Smash Bros. 1 is in the Wii Shop.

It's simply called Super Smash Bros. FYI. If you wanna refer to the series, call it "Super Smash Bros. series"

I still play Melee. It's an excellent, fun game.

I don't yet have Brawl or the original, sadly. Someday I'll get Brawl for sure.

my first ssb game was melee, and i loved it. Then brawl came out, and i personaly like it better, but melee has always been there for me to fall back on. i never played the original though. is it fun?

The original is very fun and more cartoony than the other two. Also, there is an extreme amount of hitstun and shieldstun.

The only reason I play the original is because of that awesome explosion noise

The stages were awesome and the stage hazards don't make you pull your hair off (unlike in Spear Pillar DX<)

Melee is fun when your Wii overheats or has a broken power cable. Yes, both those have happened to me. Then you start branching off from Melee to other great Gamecube games like Wind Waker, Sunshine, and Sonic Adventure 2. It's a good way to remember that older games can still be (and often are) better than newer games.

Dr. Javelin said:
Melee is fun when your Wii overheats or has a broken power cable. Yes, both those have happened to me. Then you start branching off from Melee to other great Gamecube games like Wind Waker, Sunshine, and Sonic Adventure 2. It's a good way to remember that older games can still be (and often are) better than newer games.

Lemme guess, you're one of the many people that has both a GameCube and a Wii. I never understood the point of that.

Figment said:
Dr. Javelin said:

Lemme guess, you're one of the many people that has both a GameCube and a Wii. I never understood the point of that.
We got the Wii after we got the Gamecube.

Exactly. I remember the days when the Gamecube cost $100. Now a new one is about twenty. It has one advantage over the Wii: Game Boy Player.

My GCN can't read GCN discs anymore! :'( All but one of my controllers are screwed up!

Figment said:

Well, for one thing, you can play your GameCube titles without bothering your Wii system.

Figment said:

Or you don't understand that the GameCube came before the Wii and that people don't even know the Wii existed when they first got a GameCube, and then the Wii came out, so people wanted it to play Wii games.

Baby Luigi said:
Figment said:

Or you don't understand that the GameCube came before the Wii and that people don't even know the Wii existed when they first got a GameCube, and then the Wii came out, so people wanted it to play Wii games.

*head spins* But either way, I find it a waste of space to have both systems. I mean, you can still have all the nostalgia of your old GameCube games on the Wii, same memory, same game. And you can always give your system away to GameStop.

I actually need both a Gamecube and Wii. For some reason a few of my Gamecube titles won't work on the Wii.

Unfortunately my Gamecube is broken and I can't play those games until I get a new one.

On-topic: I still play Melee every now and then, but I don't play the N64 version much.

Not really.

After playing vsav and kof98, the smash series just seems kind of dull now.

Especially brawl.

Back