SM Sunshine ruined?

Maybe the people don't consider the very last cutscene where the Toads revive him.

Cosmopolitan said:
Maybe the people don't consider the very last cutscene where the Toads revives him.
Revives not revive. Toad is awesome and that made him even awesomer. Getting all Shine Sprites features a picture at the end of the credits.

I know what it is: it's Mario showing his smelly armpits at you while Peach relaxes under an umbrella while Toadsworth is dead from heatstroke...

No, it's just Mario and his friends relaxing.

Cosmopolitan said:
I know what it is: it's Mario showing his smelly armpits at you while Peach relaxes under an umbrella while Toadsworth is dead from heatstroke...

No, it's just Mario and his friends relaxing.
No it's a picture of a janitor and the cast.

I absolutely love Super Mario Sunshine. I think Super Mario Galaxy 2 recently topped it as my favorite 3D Mario, but it is still a great game that I will always enjoy because of its innovation and risks, even though I never got all the Shine Sprites. You all must also admit that it was one of the more good-looking Mario games and Isle Delfino looks gorgeous in many instances.

Pokemon Z RPG said:
I absolutely love Super Mario Sunshine. I think Super Mario Galaxy 2 recently topped it as my favorite 3D Mario, but it is still a great game that I will always enjoy because of its innovation and risks, even though I never got all the Shine Sprites. You all must also admit that it was one of the more good-looking Mario games and Isle Delfino looks gorgeous in many instances.
F.L.U.U.D. still made the game fun.

Very likely not, though

I think people hate it because of FLUDD, no long-jumping, and corny dialogue (which IMO, I would beg to differ)

My opinion here. The dialogue is a tad corny, but I like how it's the only game with voice acting. But seeing Bowser have voice acting is kinda odd, to be honest. And it's hard to adjust to the voice acting.

FLUDD does not downsize the nostalgia at all. He is pretty nifty, even though he is pretty random, but you have to admit he is pretty cool.

I agree with you on long-jumping, though. That could have helped alot on some missions, and its the only Super Mario 3D game with no long jumping.

I don't know what "corny" is, but I liked the dialogue nevertheless and I appreciated it until the very end. I wish they continue the full-voice acting.

I loved Super Mario Sunshine. I'll admit, the voice acting was pretty bad. But if you think about it, there really was no need for long jumping because you had FLUDD. I thought the controls were good.

It wasn't an overly difficult game, except for the first mission of Sirena Beach and the lava boat. I think the main reason people don't like it is because it's just so different from typical Mario games, but it's not like Galaxy and Galaxy 2 weren't any less different. I don't know; I can't speak for others' opinions.

The Super Mario Galaxy duo were very overrated IMO

schmutz said:
I loved Super Mario Sunshine. I'll admit, the voice acting was pretty bad. But if you think about it, there really was no need for long jumping because you had FLUDD. I thought the controls were good.

It wasn't an overly difficult game, except for the first mission of Sirena Beach and the lava boat. I think the main reason people don't like it is because it's just so different from typical Mario games, but it's not like Galaxy and Galaxy 2 weren't any less different. I don't know; I can't speak for others' opinions.

Except for the secret levels where you lose FLUDD and cant long jump.

To be honest, I think I liked Super Mario Sunshine more than Super Mario Galaxy 2. Maybe even more than the first Galaxy. Sure, the camara was bad, the voice acting was worse, and final boss was horrendous, but the game was still fun. At least Sunshine was free roaming, and I had a lot of fun Turboing through the streets of Isle Delfino. I just didn't get the same amount of replay value from the Galaxy games.

Are Blue Coins tedious to find?

BabyLuigiOnFire said:

The Blue Coins were the only reason I never completed the game. I ended up forgeting about them and spent my time running around. They are very tedious to collect.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:

In my opinion, some were, some weren't. The ones in the lava in the final level at Corona beach I had to hop off my boat, die, repeat for the rest of them. Some of them were in plain sight. Some of them you had to get to an area a mile away in like 10 seconds before they disappeared.

Leonyx said:
Sure, the camara was bad
Are you serious??? That game has the best camera ever! I'm not being sarcastic. I don't get why everyone says it's really bad. You have almost full control of the camera with the C stick.

Sounds 10x better than Super Mario Galaxy's camera

Fawfulfury65 said:
Are you serious??? That game has the best camera ever! I'm not being sarcastic. I don't get why everyone says it's really bad. You have almost full control of the camera with the C stick.

I think I had to restart a level because of the camara once. It wasn't that bad, but I certainly wouldn't call it the best camara ever. I preferred Galaxy's camara for the most part.

Leonyx said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

I think I had to restart a level because of the camara once. It wasn't that bad, but I certainly wouldn't call it the best camara ever. I preferred Galaxy's camara for the most part.
I'm amazed that you said that. The Galaxy games have terrible cameras. They never let you adjust them! I die constantly because of how poor the camera is in SMG2.

Looking into first person also helps, and SMG rarely lets you do that, unfortunately. It sounds like Sunshine's camera is a big improvement over Galaxy's, even though Galaxy came out later. If you can control the camera wherever you want, whenever you want, it's a good camera.

Back