Friendly for Girl players?

Do you hope more or more recurring female characters in Mario games ?

• More

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • Just now like this

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Less ?

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • No idea

Votes: 12 26.7%

• Total voters
Koopa Kid said:
>>King Bill
That's just creepy, and they haven't been in the same game at all
But they are diffrent looking toads and they would look fine.

I see Toad and Toadette as girl/boyfriends.

They're 2 mushroom-like characters to me.

I like the idea for more girl characters. We need about an even number of both boys and girls. Rosalina seems like a good girl character to bring back into games. As do Mona and Pauline.

Snowstalker said:
Toadette and Daisy are minor characters, with the latter not appearing outside a spinoff since 1991. Why do they get preference over DK, Wario, etc? Plus, in TTYD a majority of partners are female, and the ratio is about 50/50 in PM.

As for Yoshi, it seems that both male and female Yoshis are able to lay eggs, but only female Yoshis can lay eggs that hatch into new Yoshis.
DK and Wario is okay, most problem is other female characters in their own subseries
if they take couterpart of opposite gender together in the game, it would be solved.
but if aiming at the core main characters, male ones actually appear more than female ones individually
for Paper series, I think it's weird if a normal town is unbalanced for gender.

Aqua Soul said:
Probably to appeal to girl gamers and serve as love interests to Toad and Luigi.
Instead of meaning to make couples
maybe more original characters in diffrent identities or species can make variety
also Wario looking like Mario as his rival

basically I have no doubt to Daisy and Toadette

Ornithologist Mario said:
I see Toad and Toadette as girl/boyfriends.
seriously maybe there is no knowing if any character has been dating someone
basically the two are just good friends near Peach, and they may not be siblings
what if we say Toadsworth are their grandfather? it still needs official introduction.

In the end, I am a girl, and I don't care whether I play as a boy or girl. It's the same for me.

WakerLuma said:
In the end, I am a girl, and I don't care whether I play as a boy or girl.
Same. I don't care if the character is a boy or girl (although I don't like to play Peach or Daisy). I'll play any character that I think is cool. I even chose the male character over the female character in Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility.

I usually play as either a character I can control good enough, or just as one I just like most.

WakerLuma said:
In the end, I am a girl, and I don't care whether I play as a boy or girl. It's the same for me.

Exactly. And in the end, is Princess Peach even that good of a female role model?

WakerLuma said:
exactly in the topic of "playing spinoffs as a girl", it may be right
but if it's another topic about whether more female characters should engage in main Mario games and stories to erase "tranditional damsel in distress", it should be corrected

for other reasons, if more players want to play as boys in certain series, it might means that the female ones are lack of attraction
or if half players want to play as girls, it may otherwise mean that female characters are just inenough

Dorayaki said:
WakerLuma said:
but if it's another topic about whether more female characters should engage in main Mario games and stories to erase "tranditional damsel in distress", it should be corrected

for other reasons, if more players want to play as boys in certain series, it might means that the female ones are lack of attraction
or if half players want to play as girls, it may otherwise mean that female characters are just inenough
I don't know why people say that the Mario series has a lack of girls. I know that they are more male gamers but the female have plenty to choose from.

New Super Yoshi said:
Dorayaki said:
WakerLuma said:

I don't know why people say that the Mario series has a lack of girls. I know that they are more male gamers but the female have plenty to choose from.

I think that too.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. Are you trying to say that the Mario series is sexist? Or that they need more playable female characters in the main series games? This is the Mario series,Mario is male, and therefore the vast majority of the time you will be playing as a male, because the main characters of the series(excluding Princess Peach) are male. I'm sorry if I am insulting this or anything, but I don't really understand. ???

We're saying that in games like Mario Kart with many playable characters, there are only a few female characters and a lot of males. People think there should be more female characters added to the series.

Fawfulfury65 said:
We're saying that in games like Mario Kart with many playable characters, there are only a few female characters and a lot of males. People think there should be more female characters added to the series.
Here are all the female characters in Mrio Kart Wii:
Peach
Baby Peach
Daisy
Baby Daisy
Birdo
Toadette
Rosalina

New Super Yoshi said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
Peach
Baby Peach
Daisy
Baby Daisy
Birdo
Toadette
Rosalina

Birdo's gender is debatable, and two of those are young versions of others.

However, in the end I don't think it matters. Girls don't automatically play as girls, guys don't automatically play as guys, and in the end it's not something to think about. Character choices should be based on who matters in the series, not on creating perfect balance.

I agree with Snowstalker. It would be nice to have more female characters, but we should not be including or creating them out of necessity. In fact, it might end up watering-down the roster of some games. Would you rather play as Daisy or Bowser? Thought so. If there was another primary female character (we already have four, and one transgender), that would be great. But we shouldn't be pushing them just to make the rosters 50/50.

Toad85 said:
I agree with Snowstalker. It would be nice to have more female characters, but we should not be including or creating them out of necessity. In fact, it might end up watering-down the roster of some games. Would you rather play as Daisy or Bowser? Thought so. If there was another primary female character (we already have four, and one transgender), that would be great. But we shouldn't be pushing them just to make the rosters 50/50.
Per, their are a 50/50 balance in the RPG games.

New Super Yoshi said:
Toad85 said:
Per, their are a 50/50 balance in the RPG games.
Thank you, captain obvious. I was mostly referring to the spin-offs. But now, looking back, I could see how you may have interpreted it.

New Super Yoshi said:
Peach Baby Peach Daisy Baby Daisy Birdo Toadette Rosalina
New Super Yoshi said:
to exclude babies, actually from another topic about fair roster
actually only Peach and Daisy are guaranteed must-haves in almost all spinoffs, just like the Olympics example
the secondary ones are Birdo and Toadette, and no other really recurring main girls, it seems to be apparant
another little problem in Kart Wii is that no DK girls engaged while all three male kongs got in

WakerLuma said:
I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. Are you trying to say that the Mario series is sexist? Or that they need more playable female characters in the main series games? This is the Mario series,Mario is male, and therefore the vast majority of the time you will be playing as a male, because the main characters of the series(excluding Princess Peach) are male. I'm sorry if I am insulting this or anything, but I don't really understand. ???
Toad85 said:
Would you rather play as Daisy or Bowser? Thought so. If there was another primary female character (we already have four, and one transgender), that would be great. But we shouldn't be pushing them just to make the rosters 50/50.
I'm not mean really to be a sexist
it may be "coincidence" truth as above, girls are more less recurring than male ones

basically I didn't agree with population, if examples such as that Pauline's relationship with Mario and DK are very vogues
or it needs chances to show at least the closeness and friendships
it not means we must add new girls to make fair roster, but Nintendo didn't make use of themselves apparently

Dorayaki said:
New Super Yoshi said:
Peach Baby Peach Daisy Baby Daisy Birdo Toadette Rosalina
New Super Yoshi said:
to exclude babies, actually from another topic about fair roster
actually only Peach and Daisy are guaranteed must-haves in almost all spinoffs, just like the Olympics example
the secondary ones are Birdo and Toadette, and no other really recurring main girls, it seems to be apparant
another little problem in Kart Wii is that no DK girls engaged while all three male kongs got in
Dixie should been in MKW instead of Funky.

Dr. Eggman said:
Dixie should been in MKW instead of Funky.
but conclue from the result of game on sale, it's not appropriate to say kicking someone out
also in my opinion, species are prior to be traded for Dixie

Back