The Let's Play Thread

Re: Do you watch Let's Plays?

Some things I've always wondered about Mario Party. How can the characters roll a 7-10 when the dice are 6-sided and wouldn't the Thwomps in Knock Block Tower be able to smash the wooden crates? Perfect examples of Nintendo logic I suppose.

Hockeytown said:
To be honest the end of the first part is still my favorite part of this whole LP. I don't think there was a moment where I laughed harder then at that turn.

I agree it was funny, but I perferred ProtonJon's racist dinosaur joke in the very first video and the chance times, particularly the two times chugga got screwed over in Wario's Battle Canyon.

Well, this is it, the guys are beginning the first of the two unlockable boards, Bowser's Magma Mountain. The ending of part 1 was humorous. I don't want to spoil anything though, but I will say that Wario's an idiot and protonjon's been having some touch luck in this one so far.

I apoligize for the double post, but its time for the results of Bowser's Magma Mountain.
As for the winner, let me put it this way; I think the Let's Play Curse got tired of messing with chuggaa, 'cuz he won through pure luck (Chance Time) and one of the most common reasons slimkirby usually loses (1 coin).

Anyway, from first to last, the results were;
1st: Chuggaaconroy
2nd: :wario:
3rd: protonjon
4th: nintendocaprisun

I hope Hockeytown, USA doesn't mind me doing this, but the board win score is
chuggaaconroy: 4 :dk:
protonjon: 2 :mario:
Nintendocaprisun: 1 :yoshi:
CPU: 0

Nah. I don't mind at all. I was actually hoping Wario would win just to see how they'd feel having lost to them at least once. And at least Chuggaa got what he wanted with the D'OH I MISSED

But yeah Chuggaa cannot be beaten in Board Wins now with only one board to go. The only other way he can lose something is if somehow he doesn't have many stars in Eternal Star and Jon gets a hell load of them. In which case Jon would be the overall all board statistic winner

I found another YouTube channel similar to therunawayguys, (okay that's not completly true since this channel existed before therunawayguys), its the CrystalStarStudio. It consists of 7 members;

1. Slimkirby
2. ShadowMarioXLI
3. KManRules1331
4. PowerToMario
5. MegaFreak400
6. GaiaCrusher9
7. ThePastaKing

So far, they have 4 LPs;
1. Paper Mario 2 (How appropriate since the channel is named "CrystalStarStudio", they also did the Trouble Center, Pianta Parlor and are almost done with the Pit of 100 Trials).
2. Luigi's Mansion (including the Pikmin movie).
3. Halo: Reach
4. Kirby's Dream Course Co-Op Mode

Alright, not long until the final part of TheRunawayGuys Mario Party LP. Looks pretty tense at the moment. Last 5 turns, having this sinking feeling some sort of game-changing moment will happen or surprise victory at the end.

Chuggaa has a 1 star lead as of yet, but now everybody except Jon has cash due to them losing all their money due to Bowser in a draw in a control stick Mini-Game

Alright the LP is over

Chuggaa won once again (And probably thanks to the ridiculous long Shy Guy Says victory since he won it by like 6 coins). Shame that the others didn't get as many wins, poor NCS almost always got the short end of the stick

Fun to watch. Can't wait til' the next one.

Chuggaaconroy's LP after Okami is going to be Pikmin 2, although he may have just said it as an April Fool's joke since he posted it on his Twitter on April 1st, but if its true, I can't wait. More screentime for Steve! :D

superjeff64 said:
Chuggaaconroy's LP after Okami is going to be Pikmin 2, although he may have just said it as an April Fool's joke since he posted it on his Twitter on April 1st, but if its true, I can't wait. More screentime for Steve! :D

Yeah I have a feeling it was a joke. I don't think Chuggaa has downright announced a game this early (Though I don't know all his history) and saying it on April 1st is just begging to say it's not Pikmin 2. It would probably be more of a surprise if it is Pikmin 2 then if it's not.

Update on slimkirby; he's begun the Mario Party 8 boards and he says its his last Mario Party and he's also doing Super Bomberman 3.

Edit: therunawayguys have yet to reveal their second LP, but it should be released on April 30th, and their fourth member is revealed to be JoshJepson.

http://twitter.com/therunawayguys

The new RunawayGuys playthrough has been announced. It's New Super Mario Bros. Wii (And the fourth player is JoshJepson announced last week)

Chugga will be Mario
NintendoCapriSun will be Luigi
ProtonJon will be Blue Toad
and JoshJepson will be Yellow Toad

221670_196953803673826_173250889377451_426905_1538438_n.jpg

This will be awesome, I can already imagine the hilarity of some dieing more then others or jumping on eachother's heads.

Thanks for the update, although I already mentioned that Josh was the 4th member.

Anyway, I bet $5 that slimkirby's gonna be pissed off, cause he wasn't too thrilled about therunawayguys playing Mario Party, and he also LPed NSMBW.

superjeff64 said:
Thanks for the update, although I already mentioned that Josh was the 4th member.

Anyway, I bet $5 that slimkirby's gonna be pissed off, cause he wasn't too thrilled about therunawayguys playing Mario Party, and he also LPed NSMBW.

I personally think he isn't all that mad. I think it's plenty obvious some of his quotes on stuff like his twitter towards them are just jokingly there. Though he did seem annoyed with the Chuggaa fans who kept telling him that Chuggaa told him to suck it for the One coin thing which you can't blame him for.
Also plus the Mario Party LP Slimkirby has is just him vs. 3 CPUs and in TRG it's 3 Humans Vs. 1 CPU. Similar with NSMB, Slimkirby is alone so his only objects in his paths are the level's obstacles. TRG will cover the chaos that is the Multiplayer of the game.

Hockeytown said:
superjeff64 said:

I personally think he isn't all that mad. I think it's plenty obvious some of his quotes on stuff like his twitter towards them are just jokingly there. Though he did seem annoyed with the Chuggaa fans who kept telling him that Chuggaa told him to suck it for the One coin thing which you can't blame him for.
Also plus the Mario Party LP Slimkirby has is just him vs. 3 CPUs and in TRG it's 3 Humans Vs. 1 CPU. Similar with NSMB, Slimkirby is alone so his only objects in his paths are the level's obstacles. TRG will cover the chaos that is the Multiplayer of the game.

Bingo!

I have no hate or animosity towards chuggaaconroy or the rest of TheRunawayGuys. In fact, me and chuggaa actually talk quite a bit and we are pretty tight acquaintances. In terms of their game selection, what happened was pretty obvious. You can't really expect a co-op channel to not do big multi-player games like Mario Party or New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and that was kind of the risk I was taking with doing those games solo in the first place, but really, I don't even care that much. I think I have a really good single player LP of NSMBWII, and my Mario Party videos have been classics on my channel since I did Mario Party 1 (the first time, not the redo version), and not to toot my own horn or give myself that much praise, but I think they are standalone projects already.

And Hockeytown is also right on another front. If I had to be angry at something, yes, it would be the "Suck it Slim!" incident, but to be fair, that's really not even chuggaa's fault. That's kind of the fault of extreme fanboyism to the point where if chuggaa said "Go hit your head against a wall" 2,000,000 Youtube users would do just that. Chuggaa does need to be more aware of his position in the LP World and how every small thing he says will make a huge wave, but again, in all fairness, I can't exactly fault him for that.

And yes, this is actually SlimKirby. I found this topic during a Google Search of my own name and felt like giving my two cents. :P Besides, I use Mariowiki quite a bit anyway, so why the heck not make an account. :P

SlimKirby said:
And yes, this is actually SlimKirby. I found this topic during a Google Search of my own name
Oh wow.

SlimKirby said:
Hockeytown said:
superjeff64 said:

Bingo!

I have no hate or animosity towards chuggaaconroy or the rest of TheRunawayGuys. In fact, me and chuggaa actually talk quite a bit and we are pretty tight acquaintances. In terms of their game selection, what happened was pretty obvious. You can't really expect a co-op channel to not do big multi-player games like Mario Party or New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and that was kind of the risk I was taking with doing those games solo in the first place, but really, I don't even care that much. I think I have a really good single player LP of NSMBWII, and my Mario Party videos have been classics on my channel since I did Mario Party 1 (the first time, not the redo version), and not to toot my own horn or give myself that much praise, but I think they are standalone projects already.

And Hockeytown is also right on another front. If I had to be angry at something, yes, it would be the "Suck it Slim!" incident, but to be fair, that's really not even chuggaa's fault. That's kind of the fault of extreme fanboyism to the point where if chuggaa said "Go hit your head against a wall" 2,000,000 Youtube users would do just that. Chuggaa does need to be more aware of his position in the LP World and how every small thing he says will make a huge wave, but again, in all fairness, I can't exactly fault him for that.

And yes, this is actually SlimKirby. I found this topic during a Google Search of my own name and felt like giving my two cents. :P Besides, I use Mariowiki quite a bit anyway, so why the heck not make an account. :P

Sorry If my comment offended you, its just that you usually seem kind of......upset in your LPs when things don't go your way.

Anyway, welcome to the MarioWiki Forum.

Regarding TRG, they've completed their first episode of NSMBW. What is it with chuggaa, and pink Yoshis?

Oh my Slimkirby's posted here, Never expected that to happen. Quite a fan of some of your LPs especially your Mario Party ones (I was Hockeytown, I just changed my forum name here recently). Any chance you'll be sticking around some things around here?

Also the first episode of NSMB Wii Runaway Guys was pretty good, can't wait to see more

Sorry for Double post again. But today's RunawayGuys NSMB Wii was hilarious right from the start.

Meet Josh Jepson!
His Boy Chugga!
Daughter Johnny!
Tim, his Wife!

Also Slimkirby's

Comeback on the last board of Mario Party 8 at 7 stars down was the most amazing thing ever

Okay, therunawayguys are finished with episode 3 and the first half of World 2 (despite missing 2 star coins).

I don't know if SirRonLionHeart is really this insane or if he's just trollin' but he's awesome either way.

therunawayguys finished their 3rd episode of NSMBWii yesterday, brace yourselves, this episode is really long.

Looks like Chuggaa's next 2 LPs have been announced

It WAS a April fools joke that Pikmin 2 was going to be LP 14.

307820882.png

...However it's actually Let's Play 15 and the other is Luigi's Mansion so we once again get a double dosage of Luigi and Pikmin.

Nightwatcher said:
Has chugga set a release date for those two games? Or did he already start them?

The picture says them! Luigi's Mansion will start first on Sunday 2 days from now and Pikmin will begin the next day and will have a video for each weekday (A week of Chuggaa related let's plays! Monday-Friday (Or it could be Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays with TRG):Pikmin 2. Saturday: Runaway Guys NSMB Wii. Sunday (And Wednesdays): Luigi's Mansion

Awesome! I haven't even watched his first Pikmin LP. I'll start that today.

Back