The Let's Play Thread

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
I watch chuggaaconroy and more recently, Slimkirby. Most of the things chuggaaconroy says and encounters are hilarious (his shiny Koffing in Crystal) and slimkirby has some serious skills (so far he's gotten all the star coins in NSMBW and he did a 100% complete walkthrough on DK64 twice).

So...who do you guys watch?
 

Green Fire

Koopa Troopa
Re: Do you watch Let's Plays?

Atlas said:
Does watching Retsupuraes making fun of Let's Plays count?
Lol, I watch retsupurae often. However, I recently watched a Double Dash LP by donnabellez and it was actually good.
 

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Re: Do you watch Let's Plays?

Green Fire said:
Atlas said:
Does watching Retsupuraes making fun of Let's Plays count?
Lol, I watch retsupurae often. However, I recently watched a Double Dash LP by donnabellez and it was actually good.
I'm watching DB's DD LP right now. Looks like I have another Let's Player to add to my list.

1. chugga
2. slimkirby
3. roahmmythril
4. donnabellez
 

Puddin

eat the rich
Re: Do you watch Let's Plays?

superjeff64 said:
Atlas said:
Does watching Retsupuraes making fun of Let's Plays count?
No.
That's not fair. Many of them caused me to look at the original LP.

"GRAH HA HA, THIS IS BOWSER SPEAKIN'!"
 

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
Re: Do you watch Let's Plays?

Those 2 videos made track down ElectricalBeast's channel.
 

Puddin

eat the rich
Re: Do you watch Let's Plays?

クッパJr. said:
Those 2 videos made track down ElectricalBeast's channel.
Yep. I also had to watch the original Billy MC Christmas.

Okay if those don't count, does this count? Swear warning. I made it a long time ago (you can tell from the "sup mason" comment on the page) but I forgot its password, lol.
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Re: Do you watch Let's Plays?

I watch SeaNanners sometimes.
 

Seteth

I have something to ask of you...
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Re: Do you watch Let's Plays?

I watch them sometimes, when I want/need to know what a specific game is like and am too broke to afford it (which is all the time). Sometimes I also look for LPs of games I do own myself, just to see how someone else would play them.

After Chuggaaconroy's LP of Super Luigi Galaxy became affiliated with the Super Mario Wiki, I watched a few of his LPs, namely the ones about EarthBound, Mother 3, Super Mario Sunshine, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and the previously mentioned Super Luigi Galaxy. I also remember him saying at one point that he got a lot of requests for Majora's Mask, so, since that's my favorite Zelda ever, I really hope he will do that one at one point in the future.
 

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Re: Do you watch Let's Plays?

Edofenrir said:
I watch them sometimes, when I want/need to know what a specific game is like and am too broke to afford it (which is all the time).
That's another reason why I watch LPs, so I don't waste money on a game that ends up disappointing me.
 

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
Re: Do you watch Let's Plays?

ProtonJon is generally enjoyable.
 

SonicMario

Star Spirit
Re: Do you watch Let's Plays?

I've watched a few. Mainly Chugga and Slimkirby.

Speaking of which, Chuggaconroy, ProtonJon, and NintendoCapriSun are doing a let's play of Mario Party 1 and updating every weekend. I expect a whole lotta hilarity ensuing.

http://www.youtube.com/TheRunawayGuys

They should have their first episode out tomorrow.
 

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Re: Do you watch Let's Plays?

Hockeytown said:
I've watched a few. Mainly Chugga and Slimkirby.

Speaking of which, Chuggaconroy, ProtonJon, and NintendoCapriSun are doing a let's play of Mario Party 1 and updating every weekend. I expect a whole lotta hilarity ensuing.

http://www.youtube.com/TheRunawayGuys

They should have their first episode out tomorrow.
chugga's doing Mario Party? :eek: ;D Its comedy times 10! Whoo-hoo! Speaking of Mario Party, I wonder when Slim's doing 8 and DS.
 

SonicMario

Star Spirit
Re: Do you watch Let's Plays?

superjeff64 said:
Hockeytown said:
I've watched a few. Mainly Chugga and Slimkirby.

Speaking of which, Chuggaconroy, ProtonJon, and NintendoCapriSun are doing a let's play of Mario Party 1 and updating every weekend. I expect a whole lotta hilarity ensuing.

http://www.youtube.com/TheRunawayGuys

They should have their first episode out tomorrow.
chugga's doing Mario Party? :eek: ;D Its comedy times 10! Whoo-hoo! Speaking of Mario Party, I wonder when Slim's doing 8 and DS.
Yeah the first episode was great. I can't wait to see the rest. I wonder who will win most of the boards. Considering the score is currently

Chuggaaconroy 0
ProtonJon 1
NintendoCapriSun 0
CPU 0
 

MrConcreteDonkey

Noisemaster
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Re: Do you watch Let's Plays?

TheRunawayGuys is a great channel, made up of my 3 favorite Let's Players.
 

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Re: Do you watch Let's Plays?

Hockeytown said:
superjeff64 said:
Hockeytown said:
I've watched a few. Mainly Chugga and Slimkirby.

Speaking of which, Chuggaconroy, ProtonJon, and NintendoCapriSun are doing a let's play of Mario Party 1 and updating every weekend. I expect a whole lotta hilarity ensuing.

http://www.youtube.com/TheRunawayGuys

They should have their first episode out tomorrow.
chugga's doing Mario Party? :eek: ;D Its comedy times 10! Whoo-hoo! Speaking of Mario Party, I wonder when Slim's doing 8 and DS.
Yeah the first episode was great. I can't wait to see the rest. I wonder who will win most of the boards. Considering the score is currently

Chuggaaconroy 0
ProtonJon 1
NintendoCapriSun 0
CPU 0
I just watchedthe first episode last night. I don't think there was ever a moment where I ever stopped laughing.
 

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
Re: Do you watch Let's Plays?

I'm doing a kind of Let's Play video's, but without commentary, and usually longer than most other's.
I simply call it "Playthrough", although I call them "Video Walkthrough" on my site.
 

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Re: Do you watch Let's Plays?

Yamilla said:
I'm doing a kind of Let's Play video's, but without commentary, and usually longer than most other's.
I simply call it "Playthrough", although I call them "Video Walkthrough" on my site.
That sounds neat, you mind telling everyone which website your videos will be on?
 

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
Re: Do you watch Let's Plays?

>>superjeff64
http://www.yamihoshi.nl/tech/?page_id=801 (exact page).
Console games are recorded using LG DVD Recorder.
DS games are recorded using YH-NITRO-CAPTURE.
 
Top