The Let's Play Thread

Re: Do you watch Let's Plays?

Half our members are bots it seems.

We have over 2000 registered users, but only about 500 were ever active.

Daggett Beaver said:
Bot post.

NCS isn't very good at Balloon Burst, is he? :P

No he isn't. The guys really should've put the CPU on Normal difficulty because on Easy CPUS almost never win and Hard CPUS are near impossible to defeat (correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the CPU has won the Mini-Game star on every board so far.)

superjeff64 said:
Daggett Beaver said:
Bot post.

NCS isn't very good at Balloon Burst, is he? :P

No he isn't. The guys really should've put the CPU on Normal difficulty because on Easy CPUS almost never win and Hard CPUS are near impossible to defeat (correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the CPU has won the Mini-Game star on every board so far.)

But with Hard CPUs it helps bring out funny parts where it's screwing over the players. The REAL reason we're watching is to see the 3 Let's Players reactions to a cheating AI. Plus I think more Chance times come as a result and the Chance Time is almost always a hilarious moment. Though on any difficulty the CPUs can screw you over. Trust me I played alot of games when all 3 CPU was on easy and I still got screwed over by something near the end. To me the difficulty mark is Cheater (Easy), Dirty Cheater (Normal), and #@$% Rotten Lucky Dirty Cheater (Hard) (If the CPU is Peach you can also add a certain swear word meaning a female dog but I digress...). Anyone see Slimkirby's Mario Party playthroughs? He gets screwed over all the time yet always is either close to a victory (EX: "I LOST BY ONE COIN") or actually manages to pull out a victory (On the other hand there are times where he was leading the whole game and just gets shellacked the Final 5 turns)

Also Chuggaa won the Mini-Game star back in Mario's Rainbow Castle. Though I guess you still have a point as the AI won the Mini-Game star in all the other boards (3 in a row in fact)

Hockeytown said:
But with Hard CPUs it helps bring out funny parts

Thanks for the explanation, I kind of forgot that was the reason why we were watching them. :D And its been a long time since I've played Mario Party, so I forgot about how easily the CPU can screw you over and besides I never got screwed over that much anyway except maybe in 4 and 8. As a sidenote, are chugga, proton, and caprisun doing the other Mario Parties or any other games at all?

superjeff64 said:
Hockeytown said:
But with Hard CPUs it helps bring out funny parts

Thanks for the explanation, I kind of forgot that was the reason why we were watching them. :D And its been a long time since I've played Mario Party, so I forgot about how easily the CPU can screw you over and besides I never got screwed over that much anyway except maybe in 4 and 8. As a sidenote, are chugga, proton, and caprisun doing the other Mario Parties or any other games at all?

Not sure, they'll probably end up doing more Mario Parties for sure. But if it all just Mario Party they'd give the channel a name more related to the series. I think they'll end up doing other games as well. New Super Mario Bros. Wii perhaps? Brawl? Who knows.

Hockeytown said:
I think they'll end up doing other games as well. New Super Mario Bros. Wii perhaps?
EPIC WIN!

Therunawayguys have started Peach's Birthday Cake. Wow, Peach is going last? That's something I don't see too often.

God I hate waiting for the last part of the episode. For the exception of last week they always put the last one much later then the others. I know it increases suspense but I just wanna see who won the board D:

Plus this one is really suspenseful. The bonus stars will decide the winner more then ever this time. And the happening star is just a wild card since they land on the space so many times. I think so far though NCS is out of the running ever since Jon got his star. And that it's a neck-and-neck with Chugga, Jon, and Peach.

EDIT: Man, as soon as I post this Part 4 is done... wow...

EDIT2:
Chuggaconroy won again he had both the Coin and Mini-game star. NCS got the happening star but still got last and a -1 in Coin Mini-games :S

So the board wins are now...

Chuggaaconroy 3 :dk:
ProtonJon 1 :mario:
NCS 1 :yoshi:
CPU 0

If Chuggaa wins another board he will automatically have won the majority of the boards and be deemed the Winner in Board Win totals. So my Home-field advantage hopes couldn't hold up for the CPU. Though if NCS wins his home board Jon will be in 3rd place in Board wins when he had a lead for some time on every board.

Kind of ironic that chugga won since he met Bowser the most times. And wow, Peach didn't cheat. Not that I see her do so myself whenever I play.

protonjon: You've stolen my personality. Hey everybody its chuggaaconroy!
Chuggaaconroy: Yeah and I'll upload videos every five years. Okami should be done by the time I'm 30.
My Reaction: Star-20 Coins. Flower Lottery-10 Coins. Protonjon and chuggaaconroy imitating each other, priceless.

And how do those guys not disturb anybody if they're in a hotel?!

superjeff64 said:
And how do those guys not disturb anybody if they're in a hotel?!
Because the other people in the hotel are all fans.

arachnidsGrip said:

Then shouldn't we be able to hear fangirls screaming and pounding on the door asking for their autographs?

superjeff64 said:
arachnidsGrip said:

Then shouldn't we be able to hear fangirls screaming and pounding on the door asking for their autographs?

Let's Players are not Twilight or Justin Bieber

Damn it, There won't be a new TheRunawayGuys episode today

http://www.facebook.com/TheRunawayGuys/posts/187972524571954

Hopes up for Tomorrow I guess

This calls for a

D'OH I MISSED :wario: moment

Hockeytown said:
There won't be a new TheRunawayGuys episode today

Oh well, its not like I had time to watch this week's episode anyway. Since I have some school work to prepare for this week.

Anyway, I hope Nintendocaprisun wins Yoshi's Tropical Island cause then we get to witness a Yoshi reunion. And just once I want to see chugga lose so I can hear the guys' reactions to DK chewing his tie. XD

Hockeytown said:
superjeff64 said:

I doubt these fangirls would ask a book for an autograph.

arachnidsGrip said:
Hockeytown said:
superjeff64 said:

I doubt these fangirls would ask a book for an autograph.

I was kinda implying any of the main actors of the movie. Sorry

superjeff64 said:
Also, therunawayguys might have a fourth member.
I hope it's Dave_O. It won't be, but still.

Yoshi's Tropical Island began today.

Won't say much until the end of the board, but let me tell you that Part 1 at the end contains the Most. Hilarious. Turn. Ever.

Alright this board is finished. Results:

ProtonJon won. Not much of a surprise after he stole Chuggaa's and got his 4th star. But nice to see other people besides Chuggaa win. Poor Poor, NCS he lost and once again got a minus in Mini-Game coins on his own character board....

So here is the board win score

Chuggaaconroy 3 :dk:
ProtonJon 2 :mario:
NintendoCapriSun 1 :yoshi:
CPU 0

I almost hop Jon wins Bowser Magma Mountain so it's supposed competition between Chuggaa and Jon on Eternal Star only for a Dark Horse victory to happen from either NCS or the CPU so that Chuggaa and Jon stay tied in which coin totals would decide (Which at this point Chuggaa would win anyway)

To be honest the end of the first part is still my favorite part of this whole LP. I don't think there was a moment where I laughed harder then at that turn.

Back