New Kirby game announced for the Wii.

SolarBlaze

Guardian of the Sol Emeralds.
Retired Wiki Staff
http://nintendopro.com/2011/01/new-kirby-and-new-ip-for-wii-announced/

It looks strikingly similar to the Kirby game that's been in development for all these years, which originally started out on the Gamecube. It wouldn't surprise me if this was the same game, since Kirby Air Ride also ended up getting moved to another console during its development.

Actually, Pandora's Tower is a separate game.

Also just revealed, “Pandora’s Tower,” a new IP developed and published by Nintendo exclusively for the Wii. The official website just launched, but there’s merely a render of a beautiful female with piano music playing in the background. Japan can expect this original title this year as well.

I first thought "Fake, Nintendo didn't anouched it in my mailbox", but then I saw the original source is Nintendo of Japan, I thought, "Never mind".

Herr Shyguy said:
Actually, Pandora's Tower is a separate game.

Also just revealed, “Pandora’s Tower,” a new IP developed and published by Nintendo exclusively for the Wii. The official website just launched, but there’s merely a render of a beautiful female with piano music playing in the background. Japan can expect this original title this year as well.
Whoops, my mistake. I got this source of information from another forum, and the topic starter ended up getting the "Pandora's Tower" title mixed up with the Kirby game.

Great! We all have been waiting for this! Well, Kirby's Epic Yarn too. We get two Kirby games! Awesome!

Water is a confirmed ability, so, seemingly, this could be the evolved form of Kirby Wii.

Nevertheless, it gives me a sort of Kirby 64 feeling, and I can't wait to find out more. I'm so getting this.

Hearing this announced made my day.

It looks ALOT like Kirby 64 and it seems to have a dark story, judging from the levels.

There also appears to be a new Whip ability judging by the cowboy hat Kirby wears.

AHHHH. I am definitely getting the new Kirby game. Any ideas on the name yet?

I'd also like to learn more about Pandora's Tower. I'm curious now.

Cool! Now we're getting two Kirby games in development. ;D

What I'm really hoping is fully-playable second player, as introduced in KEY

Rivalz Cardemonde said:
EpicWaluigi said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SX3JnUhTaE

On Topic: I was hoping for a new Air Ride game, not another sidescroller

Gah, I forgot about that great game.

I'm not sure if there will be another Air Ride, since Masahiro Sakurai is not working in the Kirby games anymore(?)

Cosmopolitan said:
fully-playable second player, as introduced in KEY
I assume you're discounting Superstar because the second player was limited to whatever ability first player didn't want but Nightmare in Dreamland had full 2-player. I'm not certain about anything before that.

Herr Shyguy said:
Cosmopolitan said:
I assume you're discounting Superstar because the second player was limited to whatever ability first player didn't want but Nightmare in Dreamland had full 2-player. I'm not certain about anything before that.
K64 had 4 player.

This Kirby Wii game has been in the works for almost 6 years. Originally for the GameCube, actually...

Although, this game looks SLIGHTLY different from the original on, mostly with the lack of helpers following Kirby around.

PokemonMaster said:
Herr Shyguy said:
Cosmopolitan said:
K64 had 4 player.
But those were mini-games.

Grand Wheelie said:
PokemonMaster said:
Herr Shyguy said:
Cosmopolitan said:
K64 had 4 player.
But those were mini-games.
Fine then Kirby Air Ride.

First of all, that's a spinoff. Second of all, Nightmare in Dream Land came first.

Back