New Kirby game announced for the Wii.

Why people hate KEY? It's a good game :-\

Baby Luigi said:

I don't hate Kirby's Epic Yarn. It's still a good game don't get me wrong. But I don't think it's a game to keep unless your a fan of collecting things in games. And even if you were into collecting, what's the prize you get for getting 100% besides the satisfaction of having beaten the game? Decorating Hotel rooms

It's a good game to rent though. For a gamer like me that isn't a perfectionist though the easy difficulty, not being able to die at all, and the lack of a good reward even if you do try to collect everything it just isn't worth keeping.

People complaining that Kirby's Epic Yarn is easy because you can't die? Boy, I haven't heard that one before.

KEY babyish? Just because it's made with string and fabric doesn't mean its a childish game.

In my opinion, the game had some beautiful music that fit well with the surroundings. There were really only two or three tracks I disliked, one of them being the Fangora boss battle music.

Lily said:
No its the theme and the story scenes that annoyed me.
If by theme, you mean plotline, then I somewhat agree, even though it is actually unique, I guess. Or if you mean the concept of it being made of string and fabric, then you are horribly wrong. Also, the story scenes are somewhat repetitive, yes, but it is supposed to be told in a scrapbook-like fashion.

Koopa Kid said:
Yeah even a two year old can beat it! I just stopped playing it because it was so easy
That's a bit of an exaggeration, is it not. Also, if you stopped playing it because it was "too easy", then I'm sorry for you and your ignorance.

The regular levels are easy, but trying to get the most beads possible and all the treasures can be somewhat of a challenge, especially since the later ones, such as those in World 3+ need you to use more strategic means to get it. The secret levels, on the other hand, are much more difficult, in my opinion. Of course, it's still a breeze to go through the normal levels and bosses.

It may not be a fantastic game and it may not be one of the most difficult games, but it's still a damn good game.

Lily said:
I wish it was more funny and cool, and more... mario (my roomate mario ftw)
Kirby games aren't generally known for their humor.
Kirby games are always cool, no matter how shitty or easy they are.
No. No more Mario, dammit. Too much Mario, already.

Northern Verve said:
I don't hate Kirby's Epic Yarn. It's still a good game don't get me wrong. But I don't think it's a game to keep unless your a fan of collecting things in games. And even if you were into collecting, what's the prize you get for getting 100% besides the satisfaction of having beaten the game? Decorating Hotel rooms

It's a good game to rent though. For a gamer like me that isn't a perfectionist though the easy difficulty, not being able to die at all, and the lack of a good reward even if you do try to collect everything it just isn't worth keeping.
Well yeah, the prize was pretty mediocre for achieving 100% in all categories, but I was still 0k with it.

It's a bell chime.

Being a completionist myself, I found it to become more and more frustrating trying to get the gold medals (especially the wretched Mt Slide), but I was still happy.

Of course, all this is coming from a Kirby fanboy, so my thoughts might be a bit biased.

Gamefreak: I agree with your points. The only thing I found frustrating was getting the gold medal the icy car level (ugh)

Gamefreak, you expressed my reaction to the people's comments, but it's just their opinions, but I guess they were a little harsh.

I hope you can combine abilities like in Kirby 64

Combo's: You can remotely attack, but if you're really close to the enemy, you'll perform different attacks, and some of them look like combo attacks, but I don't know that's what you meant.

Ability Combinations: No, you'll need to exit an ability first, before you can equip another.

Baby Luigi said:

I got pretty bored with it. Most of the game was pretty easy(even when compared to other kirby games) and just not that exciting in any way.

Great ost though, which is pretty expected of a kirby game anyway.

Game also wasn't easy because you couldn't die. Bosses, enemies, overal difficulty just wasn't that difficult to begin with. Of course other great kirby games aren't that hard either. KSS for example was pretty easy most of the time, yet its co-op, many powers, great level design, and awesome ost made it a great game.

KEY just didn't really feel appealing to me in much of anything besides ost, which usually keeps me going. I guess epic yarn just wasn't my game.

It does get tricky if you're aiming for a gold medal in each level

Kirby's Epic Yarn is okay (even thought I haven't played it)

but I still preffer Kirby Super Star.

Gonna love that 4 player action

Back