Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle | Is it good?

Moldomré

Moldomré. Emphasis on the "ome" despite the "é".
MarioWiki
Moldomre
That's really my question. Rabbids are, to me, really obscure, and even though all the reviews for the game are saying it's awesome, I just don't like Rabbids. I've not played many strategy games either.

Should I potentially waste money on a game I might not like?

How about you watch some gameplay of it first before you make a judgement? But everyone agrees, this is a very solid entry in the Mario series. If you want a Mario experience that isn't platforming or sports or racing, you should definitely try this out. It's also a bit more challenging than the usual fare, as far as I know, but it shouldn't be too bad, as this game is for everyone, including those who haven't played much strategy RPGs.

Try watching footage of the game or playing a demo if a demo is available.

Yes.

Nah, the Rabbids here are not as bad as they normally are. In fact, I liked this game's Rabbids, as far as the notable ones go. Even the "Rabbid Wario" of the game doesn't use fart jokes.

But in my opinion, the core gameplay of the game is awesome. It has many applications to it, but it's simple, and yet you can do very complicated things, and killing enemies with a critical hit is one of the most satisfying things in this game. The story IS pretty eh, but also different than any Mario game's. And the enemies have a lot of variety, even though they're all types of Rabbids, but they utiloze them in such a way... you got big guys with a shield, ghost Rabbids, and there are variants of each enemy in every world. Well, except for when that enemy's first appearance is in a later world.

And the bosses... the bosses are great. Mid bosses are basically a more powerful version of a normal enemy with some special attribute, but they they cool, however, bosses always have a little gimmick going for them, which makes you plan out your strategy in a way that makes you feel smart when you finally finish the battle victorious. They are kinda hard enough to be able to easily kill you on your first try, but every retake makes you stronger. Also gotta RNG doesn't get in your way.

But all in all, I would say, don't fucking judge the game because it has Rabbids in it. That's what I did during the rumors, and now I realize how wrong I was for doing that.

This is a great game even though you never played a strategy RPG, because everything is pared down to the basics. Movement is also quite flexible and adaptable that if you play the game for a bit, you will get the hang of it.

If you particularly like the experience, I recommend getting the Gold edition if there is a discount, since at this point of time, the Gold edition will be cheaper than getting both the main game and DLC separately due to the DLC never getting discounted as far as I know. I wished I got the game later so that I could take advantage of the Gold edition's discount, but alas, it's too late unless Ubisoft somehow discounts their DLC.

Thank you for reading.

Thank you all for your input, I suppose that I can just not have any Rabbids on my team, but it'd be fine at the beginning.

Thanks!

Uh... about that.

You need at least one Rabbid on your team.

No but seriously trust me when I tell you the main Rabbid characters are almost nothing like regular Rabbids.

Moldomré said:
Thank you all for your input, I suppose that I can just not have any Rabbids on my team, but it'd be fine at the beginning.

Thanks!

Actually, at least one Rabbid is required in a team. In fact, the team needs to have Mario and a Rabbid. You will find this out if you have gotten the 6th character. On the other hand, if playing 2 player mode, Rabbids are not mandatory so you can choose the entire Mario crew.

Still, the Rabbids are quite useful so don't sleep on their capabilities. Also, Mario is quite a useful character to have so it's not a big deal to have Mario at all times.

In case you are looking to recruit Yoshi, Yoshi is the last character to recruit and is recruited in the final world.

Thank you for reading.

Even the initial team of Mario, Rabbid Peach and Rabbid Luigi is a pretty neat one.

Especially because Rabbid Peach is a healer, and if you make good use of that, you'll fare well in battle, and Rabbid Luigi has a vampire dash that allows him to gain HP from enemies if he dashes into them.

You'll see for yourself if you ultimately get the game.

Lucario said:
Uh... about that.

You need at least one Rabbid on your team.

No but seriously trust me when I tell you the main Rabbid characters are almost nothing like regular Rabbids.

Ah..thanks for pointing that out! If I end up getting it, I'd probably keep R. Peach, since you say she's a healer.

Back