Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate  (Read 32032 times)

Lucario

• The Aura Pokemon
  • Dry Bowser
  • Koops
  • posh posh posh posh posh posh posh posh
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
« Reply #1340 on: October 11, 2018, 12:24:26 PM »
About that, we still don't know if third party series are allowed to have more than one unique fighter.

So on the bright side, if Zero was playable taking such things in consideration, they might have made him an echo, which granted, doesn't work obviously, but at the same time, I think you get what I'm saying.

Northern Verve

• Princess of Magic
  • Star Spirit
  • SonicMario
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: October 11, 2018, 12:49:28 PM »
About that, we still don't know if third party series are allowed to have more than one unique fighter.

So on the bright side, if Zero was playable taking such things in consideration, they might have made him an echo, which granted, doesn't work obviously, but at the same time, I think you get what I'm saying.

At this point though, it'd practically goalpost moving compared to what we've seen before.

Remember when there could only be one 3rd party per company? Then Ryu happened
Remember when the character had to have a significant presence on Nintendo consoles? Then Cloud happened
Remember when the character had to be a legendary icon of gaming? Then Bayonetta happened (Though you could argue this was a special case)
Remember when there could only be one character in general per 3rd party franchise? Then Richter happened

I doubt it happens base game at least, but it's still very much in the realm of possibility a 3rd party franchise gets another character that isn't an echo. Tails and Chun-Li come to mind first. Though I think Tails will be the first if it happens.

Lucario

• The Aura Pokemon
  • Dry Bowser
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: October 11, 2018, 01:17:08 PM »
Remember when there could only be one character in general per 3rd party franchise? Then Richter happened

Then again, Richter is an echo, so he shares his number with Simon, so we still don't know how many unique reps a third party series can have.

Northern Verve

• Princess of Magic
  • Star Spirit
  • SonicMario
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: October 11, 2018, 01:34:56 PM »

Then again, Richter is an echo, so he shares his number with Simon, so we still don't know how many unique reps a third party series can have.

That's why I said in general. When Echo fighters were announced, people weren't sure if 3rd parties were even going to get that. Then Richter showed they can.

"Individual 3rd party franchises can't get more then one character" to "They can, but they can only be echoes" is goalpost moving. That was my point. They probably still had to negoigate for the rights for Richter when adding him. Regardless if he's an echo.

Again, I don't think it's likely until DLC. But at this point, it's far from impossible that at some point this game breaks the "echoes only" barrier for individual 3rd party franchises too

Lucario

• The Aura Pokemon
  • Dry Bowser
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: October 11, 2018, 10:45:40 PM »
Good point here...

But look at this.

https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/blog/index.html?category=cat02_fighter_50

Today's blog post focuses on Greninja, and apparently... it says he turns into Ash-Greninja for his Final Smash, and I don't think he did that in Smash 4, probably due to working off of concept art...

Now I'm interested.

Ghostly Yoshi

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: October 11, 2018, 11:34:13 PM »
Good point here...

But look at this.

https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/blog/index.html?category=cat02_fighter_50

Today's blog post focuses on Greninja, and apparently... it says he turns into Ash-Greninja for his Final Smash, and I don't think he did that in Smash 4, probably due to working off of concept art...

Now I'm interested.
In Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS, Greninja's final smash is Secret Ninja Attack.

Lucario

• The Aura Pokemon
  • Dry Bowser
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: October 11, 2018, 11:36:16 PM »
Well yeah.

Did he turn into Ash-Greninja while doing it?

I don't think so.

Unless his Final Smash is just Secret Ninja Attack as Ash-Greninja, he's getting a new final smash.

Ghostly Yoshi

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: October 11, 2018, 11:43:32 PM »
Well yeah.

Did he turn into Ash-Greninja while doing it?

I don't think so.

Unless his Final Smash is just Secret Ninja Attack as Ash-Greninja, he's getting a new final smash.
No, he did not.  You know what this means...chances are it's a new Final Smash!

Deku

• Izuku Midoriya
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Plus Ultra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: October 12, 2018, 12:08:05 AM »
This was one of the most obvious and expected changes for me. I wonder if it's just the old final smash as Ash-Greninja, or if he may have that big kienzan-like water shuriken from the anime.

Lucario

• The Aura Pokemon
  • Dry Bowser
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: October 12, 2018, 07:34:13 AM »
Which also means they actually MIGHT reference the anime...

Ok now I want Lucario's Final Smash to be something to do with the tree of beginning.

Deku

• Izuku Midoriya
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Plus Ultra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1350 on: October 12, 2018, 07:36:40 AM »
Smash has always referenced the anime. All the Pokémon have their anime voices and Jigglypuff and Mewtwo in particular are based on their anime counterparts. Same with Lucario being able to speak.

Lucario

• The Aura Pokemon
  • Dry Bowser
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: October 12, 2018, 08:29:14 AM »
Oh yeah... maybe I just meant that regarding movesets, it always seemed like they were referencing the games...

I can still hope though.

Yo, I need a doctor.

• Poor old thing. Right after he got his new Poltergust as well.
  • Luma
  • Moldomré
  • WEEGEE DEAD
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft Profile
« Reply #1352 on: October 14, 2018, 09:07:34 AM »
I just realized that the next Smash probably won't have every character again.

That's....not something I'll look forward to...
Luigi is dead my friends. Except he'll come back to life for LM3.

Link to my Ask Board, cause why not: https://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=40264.0

Spooky Octo-nite8

• Slasher and Splatter
  • Dry Bowser
  • infinite8
  • Look at me! I'm Voorhees!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: October 14, 2018, 09:23:16 AM »
I'm thinking that the next Smash would be the "back to the basics with new elements", with 8 characters.
Oh, it's OCTO-ber. Can we have more Octoling hairstyles please?

Lucario

• The Aura Pokemon
  • Dry Bowser
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: October 14, 2018, 09:37:36 AM »
I'm thinking more of the kind of game they would've went for if Smash Ultimate wasn't "Everyone is here!"

Tbh it would be fun to speculate about who would make it as part of the roster there.

Rin Nelek

• Goomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: October 14, 2018, 11:11:17 AM »
I'm thinking more of the kind of game they would've went for if Smash Ultimate wasn't "Everyone is here!"

Tbh it would be fun to speculate about who would make it as part of the roster there.

I'd prefer the roster to have distinctive characters who played significant roles in their original games. Paula from EarthBound would be a great candidate, even if Ness had to be given new special moves (on that matter, it's criminal that Paula is merely reduced to a brief appearance for Ness's Final Smash). Perhaps, if the next Super Smash Bros. game didn't pander to competitive players, Paula and some potential newcomers would finally get the respect and due they deserve, but it just won't happen. :(

Lucario

• The Aura Pokemon
  • Dry Bowser
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: October 14, 2018, 11:18:19 AM »
That's probably because if you get Paula in, you'd probably have to go through a lot of other games to look for characters that have played an equally important role in their games. And there's just too much of those that some wouldn't make sense.

It's like saying if Paper Mario makes it, Koops will have to be included. I'd say Paula and any other character who appear in Final Smashes are in their rightful place.

M̸̀̕̕͜o̷͟n̶̶̷i͜͝͡͝k̶̸̀͜͡a̶̧̢

• President of the Literature Club
  • Core 'Shroom Staff
  • King Bowser
  • Roserade
  • "Write your way into his heart..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: October 14, 2018, 11:38:06 AM »
I've already discussed this before in a couple of places, but I agree with the vision of the few other people that we'll end up with a Thanos-snapped roster, with some refined or new gameplay mechanics, for a potentially new director for the series. A lot of people have been saying to literally cut the number in half, but that would still be over thirty characters so I can't really see that. Maybe somewhere in size between Melee and Brawl's roster? 

That being said, I think this supposed series reboot is going to be far into the future if it happens. They aren't just going to want to toss away a game this huge all that quickly. I'd take a gander and say that after DLC is done for this game, we're going to be sitting around for a long while before somebody takes up the reins.

Deku

• Izuku Midoriya
  • Donkey Kong
  • GalacticPetey
  • Plus Ultra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: October 14, 2018, 11:40:04 AM »
Perhaps, if the next Super Smash Bros. game didn't pander to competitive players, Paula and some potential newcomers would finally get the respect and due they deserve, but it just won't happen. :(
What does that have to do with anything? Anything that's "pandering" to competitive players (and I wouldn't use that term at all), would be mechanics stuff like the directional air dodge, faster gameplay, and the punishing for rolling too much. And these changes are good for everyone, not just competitive players.

Lucario

• The Aura Pokemon
  • Dry Bowser
  • Koops
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: October 14, 2018, 12:19:17 PM »
Yeah tbh, I don't feel like I wanna be a competitive player, yet what this game is doing seems like it's really wanting to please me as much as possible.