Author Topic: Top 5 - 10 - 20 Mario Disappointments.  (Read 14100 times)

Mcmadness

• Power Star
  • The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
    • View Profile
Re: Top 5 - 10 - 20 Mario Disappointments.
« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2017, 08:49:31 PM »
I am all to aware of that fact :P

But I've generally had different opinions on things like that.
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig. This sig loves you.

Creature from the Depths of Hell Itself

• Yup. Deeper in Hell than any furry, that's for sure. I'd recommend not visiting ever.
  • Lakitu
  • SuperDoom
  • Can YOU read my avatar?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2019, 08:08:52 PM »
DKJr. hasn't been in any Mario Kart game other than the original.
I'm a 14-year-old gamer who used to be inactive.
FLASH BRIEFING: Atari and AtGames rename Atari Flashback 10 to "Atari 2600 Mini" and removes 84 games; reception is more positive than ever

Toadette

• fan of Mario, Kirby, Sonic, Pokemon, Digimon, Yo-kai Watch, and Crash Bandicoot
  • King Bowser
  • Toadettefan14
  • Toadette's the winner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2019, 08:30:37 PM »
Super Mario Maker: not as fun as I expected, prefer the 3DS version over the Wii U version

NSMBUDX: creating a meme using the Super Crown power-up, and adding only a little content to the original game

Mario Party: The Top 100: Not having 10 minigames per game like I expected, and not having Toadette or Toad playable

Handheld Mario and Sonic games: for restricting the characters to only a few events

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker: for making Toadette apart of the Toad Brigade(in my headcanon, she isn’t apart of that group, also I dismiss the Toad Brigade as just normal Toads, minus Captain Toad)

Dream Stone Spirit

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
  • Fine! I'll be happy to...NOT TELL YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 13, 2019, 08:51:26 PM »
Super Mario Maker 3DS: Sucks for no justifiable reason, and is vastly inferior to the Wii U original in nearly every way imaginable.  That's really all that needs to be said.

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe: Destroyed the character balance of the original, removed Boost Mode and a fifth of the challenges, and ultimately fails to make up for its losses.  Easy Mode and portability aren't enough to earn the "Deluxe" moniker.

Mario and Sonic Rio 2016: Could have been the best in the series...but no, they just gave all the newcomers "guest" status and could only be used in one event each.  Dream Events were also heavily stripped down, as there are only three, and the Dream Events of previous games just put them to shame.

Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA): The weakest mainline Mario game by far, this game just oozes with mediocrity at every corner.  Really, we got this garbage instead of the vastly superior Japanese version?  That's just pathetic.  At least the character abilities were interesting, but then again, 3D World took that concept and put it into a vastly superior game.

Mario Party: The Top 100: A mediocre, unbalanced minigame selection and a disturbing lack of content is the perfect demonstration of how a great idea can become such a mediocre game.

Baby Luigi

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
  • 🇷🇺 Малыш Луиджи 🇷🇺 – сырная бл🧀🧀🧀 Тарелка!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 13, 2019, 09:12:12 PM »
Really, we got this garbage instead of the vastly superior Japanese version?  That's just pathetic.

i don't think losing the japanese version of the game which is just lolzy romhack of the original smb was a big deal. there was little to no inspiration in it.
RIP B. "Walkazo" Dalziel. December 16, 1991 to March 27, 2016.

Roll and Maria Renard

• Pwwnd123
  • King Bowser
  • Pwwnd123
  • Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2019, 09:38:18 PM »
Now that I think about it, I can say that NSMBU Deluxe being made is a disappointment. I mean I wanted New Super Mario Bros. Switch with Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina playable and *bleep*. Peachette doesn't cut it so I have to live with it. At least I can be happy that she's the closest thing to it. No one wanted this port.

Dream Stone Spirit

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 13, 2019, 09:44:19 PM »
Really, we got this garbage instead of the vastly superior Japanese version?  That's just pathetic.

i don't think losing the japanese version of the game which is just lolzy romhack of the original smb was a big deal. there was little to no inspiration in it.
I still vastly prefer the SMB2 they got to the one we got.  Only thing I can compliment our SMB2 for is that without it, the actually good 3D World wouldn't exist, or at least wouldn't be as good.

Baby Luigi

• Yeah, hahaha, a little bit more hand sanitizer and we wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Mushroom Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 13, 2019, 09:47:37 PM »
smb2 usa also gave us the bob-omb

Dream Stone Spirit

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 13, 2019, 10:02:49 PM »
Well that's true.  Not to mention Shy Guy and Birdo, and its iconic overworld theme.  But despite its historical significance, it's still a mediocre game.

Baby Luigi

• Mushroom Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 13, 2019, 10:19:09 PM »
i love the super mario advance version of it though. was pretty fun collecting those yoshi eggs and i loved the character voices, especially when they revert to their small forms. luigi's was hilarious.

Dream Stone Spirit

• Dry Bowser
  • YoshiFlutterJump
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 13, 2019, 10:24:33 PM »
i love the super mario advance version of it though. was pretty fun collecting those yoshi eggs and i loved the character voices, especially when they revert to their small forms. luigi's was hilarious.
Well, to be fair, it was the NES version I played.  I hear that the GBA version is more Mario-y and better overall, and I'd probably like that better.

LeftyGreenMario

• Do not show the embarrassing CPU scores during the battle.
  • Donkey Kong
  • R.I.P. Walkazo December 16, 1991 - March 27, 2016
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #171 on: April 13, 2019, 10:26:15 PM »
Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA): The weakest mainline Mario game by far, this game just oozes with mediocrity at every corner.  Really, we got this garbage instead of the vastly superior Japanese version?  That's just pathetic.  At least the character abilities were interesting, but then again, 3D World took that concept and put it into a vastly superior game.
Hey, that's my favorite of the mainline NES games by far. No time limit, can play as Luigi, Luigi actually looks different, Peach isn't kidnapped, nice break from traditional Mario platformers. Japan got the short end of the stick with their ugly NES kaizo romhack. To be fair, it did have Red Piranha Plant, bouncing off enemies, and Luigi gameplay differences, but there's nothing interesting about this game aside from its difficulty. At least the other three Mario NES classics are vastly different from each other.

Well, to be fair, it was the NES version I played.  I hear that the GBA version is more Mario-y and better overall, and I'd probably like that better.
The GBA remake is better, and Luigi's and Toad's yelling are hilarious. Everyone is delightfully vocal, which players tend to blow how irritating it is out of proportion, but I think they add a lot of character to the game.

a furry

• Yes, furry... but only one the first level. Not going down deeper in hell, ain't I?
  • Shine Sprite
  • Koops
  • Creatures with thin things on their skin I guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 13, 2019, 11:59:19 PM »
Not a top five, but here are the biggest two Mario disappointments.

He thought people were better and he is now very saddened.

Mario is always one to get his hopes up, poor dude.

LeftyGreenMario

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #173 on: April 14, 2019, 01:08:02 AM »

This the second one for my personal biggest two Mario disappointments that will make you cry.

Mcmadness

• Power Star
  • The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 14, 2019, 08:37:59 AM »
5 TIMES MARIO WAS DISAPPOINTED THAT MADE HIM SAD

*arrow points at his nose*
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig. This sig loves you.

Creature from the Depths of Hell Itself

• Yup. Deeper in Hell than any furry, that's for sure. I'd recommend not visiting ever.
  • Lakitu
  • SuperDoom
  • Can YOU read my avatar?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2019, 01:23:22 PM »

Gamer reference?
I'm a 14-year-old gamer who used to be inactive.
FLASH BRIEFING: Atari and AtGames rename Atari Flashback 10 to "Atari 2600 Mini" and removes 84 games; reception is more positive than ever

LeftyGreenMario

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2019, 11:56:14 PM »

His nose made him sad?? Aw, I love your schnoz, Mario.

BBQ Turtle

• Princess L of the Shy Guys
  • Wiki Patroller
  • Luma
  • Crazy sponsors lady.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2019, 05:56:45 PM »
In no specific order, I'd say that for me some of the biggest disappointments have been:
*Mario Party 8- I heard a lot of good things about it before we got it (A lot of people saying it's the best Mario Party game or at least one of the better ones), but to me it really didn't live up to them. I think the gameplay's pretty slow, there are some really bad boards in there, MC Ballyhoo and Big Top are overly annoying and there are some pretty awful minigames among other things. The game's not all bad, but it was a big let-down and my least favourite Mario Party.
*Mario Party: Star Rush- Similarly to Mario Party 8, I heard good things about it but I didn't see them in the game. There is some really good stuff in the game, but too much of it is limited to single player (Mainly, most of the Toad Scramble boards and Boss minigames) and the overly-limited multiplayer really lets it down, given it's a Party game. I'd also say it's got the worst minigame selection and the side modes aren't brilliant either. It's not terrible, but it's nowhere near as good as everyone made it out to be.
*Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games- The few things I heard about it before I bought it were generally positive and that it was as good as or better than the Vancouver games, but I find most of the control schemes for the events are over-complicated and hard to use (Plus some involve passing the Gamepad around, which is never fun, particularly when the other people who need to pass it to you are attempting to do other things in the event as well), which I generally find makes it less enjoyable. There are some good events in there, but not enoguh to outweigh the bad ones.

LeftyGreenMario

• Donkey Kong
    • View Profile
    • RationalWiki
« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2019, 06:14:14 PM »
You listened to THOSE guys instead of ME, who told people that Mario Party 8 ain't all that great! *disappointed Mario face*