Save the Princess (A Super Mario Boards Quest)

Sir Pentious

I have a problem
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
InsaneBlathers
Save the Princess (A Super Mario Boards Quest)

Come one, come all...
To Marioboards' very first Quest!

What is a quest, you may ask?
A quest is a unique type of forum game. It is popular on a few other forum sites, including SpaceBattles and Sufficient Velocity. In a sense, it's like a simplified D&D campaign. It involves one person, the Game Master (that's me!), who lays out a story for the Players to take part in. In a quest, everyone controls the same character, and decisions are put up to a vote. Typically, the Game Master (or GM, for short), will provide a bit of story, a description of the area, and any other pertinent information. Then, they will give the Players several options to pick from, detailing possible plans of action. The Players are not limited to just these choices, however- someone can write in their own option. Keep in mind, though, that the action still needs to get majority vote for it to go through. In the event of a tie, the Game Master will normally choose whichever option they prefer.

Stats are also involved. Stats will differ from game to game, depending on what is most appropriate for the setting, but they will often have an influence on how well you can perform certain actions.

Finally, keep in mind that there are no sign-ups, and no player list. Anyone can jump in, at any time. It's as easy as voting for an option in the thread.

Now, without any further ado, let's jump in...

1690735136203.png
1690735591864.png
1690735855263.png

1690736123245.png
1690736375891.png
1690736626964.png

1690736973178.png

Voting will end at .
Votes will move faster in the future, this is just so that people will have time to see the thread and respond to it. Future posts will include Lou's stats and inventory.​

Clearly, we must use the power of CLAIRVOYANCE to peek at all possible futures and select the best one.

Future 1.
"What are you going to do with that bat, plumber boy? Going to hit me? You better do it in one shot. You better make it count. You bett-"

Future 2:

1690738391872.png

Future 3:
Waffles, toast with jam, buttered toast, toast with cinnamon upon it, toasted sandwiches...

Welp, I'm sold.

A vote for the toaster, because it's a vote for a brighter tomorrow.

Hello, Lou. You've been given the curse that is a second chance at life. You've decided to set out and murder Jack Black to quench one of your many desires.

You were saved by a miracle, don't undervalue life, friend.

When desire outweighs the soul, you'd best expect your fall.

You will know me as H.E.

1690738502781.png

VOTE : Phone

A vote for the toaster, since statistically it can provide a source of food if bread is found. A phone is useless, especially without WiFi, and a baseball bat can only take so much. The toaster is probably the most useful item here in comparison. If Lou could bring any item, he could use the Omnitrix, become Alien X, and crush Jack Black. He could write Black's name in the Death Note or use the Infinity Gauntlet. While these would be easy solutions, I'm still going with the toaster since I want this to be a nice long thread.

Last edited:

[2] Accept their help. People mean a lot, Lou.

[X] What is your name? Thank you for your assistance.

Don't take help for granted.

1690819536153.png

[1] Accept their help. With stats like that, I don't think you could face a level 0 goblin, Lou.

[X] What is your name, friend? I wish to thank you for your assistance.

[x] Kill the man! Down with the Stormcloaks!

Swing your arms from side to side to perform a feint and gain advantage in battle.

[x] Kill the man! Down with the Stormcloaks!

Swing your arms from side to side to perform a feint and gain advantage in battle.
Would like to clarify that most of the time write-in options are a given but if you ever don't see it as a choice that means you have to pick one of the listed options

As a side note, inversely, some polls will only have write-in options, like the second poll I made. For this one in particular, all questions posted in the thread will receive answers (unless I don't like the question but that probably won't happen).

Maybe I'm misreading the list, but... I thought write-in was listed as a possible choice?

Last edited:
[2] No, I can handle a few goblins.

[X] "Do these goblins have a leader? I may endeavor to become the Goblin King"

You made the right choice.

[2] SOUP KITCHEN
A free meal for you and you may be able to volunteer. It's nice to support others, people have to eat. You can be a better person Lou.
[6] GOOFY GOOBER'S ICE CREAM PARTY BOAT
Let's see what Sir Goober's tavern's like. I ran an establishment once.
[1] GUILD HALL
Guild? Intriguing.

1690900152467.png

Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVAp5UDnsPI

Hello there, Lou. Welcome to my velvet room.
p5-persona5.gif

My name is Igor. You have been granted a second chance at life, a chance to rehabilitate yourself. I will be your guide on this journey of rehabilitation. I see you have already found a tool to use in battle. However, that toaster of yours is more than just a weapon to electrocute your enemies. It is also a tool. Use it wisely and your rehabilitation will be done sooner.

A key part of your journey is to find people who will help you, whether it be in battle or elsewhere.
[1] Go to the guild hall.

Now, this man may also be able to become a confidant of yours. Help him with his problem. I have a plan for this...
However, this plan requires resources. And in order to obtain these resources, we require coin.
[2] Go to the soup kitchen. Try to get a job and earn some moolah.

After you have done this, [5] Go to the bakery. I will explain the details of my plan once you have arrived in the bakery.​

[6], [6], [6]

We're going on the world's most monotonous pub crawl by visiting the same establishment three times in a row.

[1] YES

For a day at least, Lou.

1690990207573.png

Back