Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ninja Squid

Hosted by:
Ninja Squid (@Lanz), Waluigi Time (@Waluigi Time), and Goombuigi (@Wright Forde 'Shroom)

For details on the gameplay elements, please read our 'Shroom section here.

Rules:
  • There are three factions in game: Innocent, Mafia, Independent. The Innocents win by lynching all the Mafia players. The Mafia win by reaching the numerical parity or outnumbering the Innocents. The Independents have their own unique objective they must accomplish to win.
  • Day phases will last for 48 hours, and Night phases will last for 24 hours. During Day phases, the players will vote to lynch someone. During Night phases, players may submit their role actions and quest actions. Extensions may be granted if needed.
  • Vote should be using the following format: "Vote: Ninja Squid". Unvoting must be formatted as "Unvote". Voting No Lynch is allowed, but will lose in a tie. If multiple players are tied in the final votes for lynching, it will result in a random lynch.
  • Role claiming is allowed (saying things like "I am the cop", whether this is true or not), but players should NOT be quoting, taking screenshots or sharing publicly anything of their role card (such as the characters they are portraying or flavor texts), or any messages sent to them by the hosts. If a player is caught doing the following, they will be modkilled immediately.
  • Claiming your team or public discussion of the current point totals held by your team (i.e. stating how many points your team currently has or how many more it needs for an upgrade) or claiming your team is not allowed.
  • Roleplaying is allowed, but players should make it as least intrusive as possible. This means that players should not be focusing more on the roleplaying aspect than playing the actual game, and making their roleplay easily comprehensive.
  • Do NOT delete posts done in the Game Thread. A reminder will be given if you are caught removing content the first time, but you will be modkilled if done repeatedly. Removing if you posted something too early is alright, but please mention it to prevent confusion.
  • If you are eliminated, do NOT post or react to posts in the Game Thread. Eliminated players can post in the Lounge Thread or the dedicated Ghost Chatroom. Do NOT reveal any information that could affect the course of the game. However, you can react to post done by the hosts. The same rule applies to spectators.
  • Conversations regarding the game should be kept to dedicated game channels (such Game Thread, Ghost Chatroom, etc.) as much as possible. Casual conversations outside these threads are fine, but there should not be any form of speculations done outside channels created by the hosts.
  • Players cannot interact with other players via PMs, unless there are dedicated channels created by the hosts for this purpose.
  • Activity will be required in this game. If you sign up for this game, you must participate. We are not expecting anyone to be available at all the time, but at least posting at the very least once or twice per phases and submitting your night actions is recommended. If you have been inactive for a complete Day/Night cycle, we will be sending a reminder, and further inactivity will force us to remove you from the game. Hence, please be communicative. If you need to drop out of the game, send a message to the hosts.

Map:
Welcome to The 'Shroom HQ! Here is a map of all the important locations you will have an opportunity to visit when doing your quests. Please, refer to your Quests Card for the locations you will be visiting. Credits goes to GBA (@Demon King Nobunaga) for the original map design in 'Shroom Killing Game.

Basement
Breaker Room: The breaker is located here, providing power to the entire headquarters. Ukikey Wrench stays up late at night here.
Janitor's Closet: A closet full of tools used for the upkeep of The 'Shroom. If you want to do some cleanup or fix something, head here to get equipped.
Ninja Lair: Where Ninja Squid spends most of his time plotting his mischievous schemes. Surprisingly, he isn't there right now!
Gym: The gym contains equipment that can help you stay in shape, such as weights and dumbbells. The gym is usually used by a muscular Yoshi, but it seems to have been busier lately.

1F
Lobby: The room where you go if you choose to do nothing. At least Wright Forde 'Shroom will give you company.
Court Room: If any cases need judging, take them to the Court Room for Goombuigi and his gavel to judge.
Archives: With a long and detailed history, The 'Shroom has a dedicated room, the Archives, served to storing older issues of the paper.
Spotlight Office: Various articles of the Super Mario Wiki in need of rewriting, expending, and citing are brought to the Spotlight by its manager, Yoshi876.
Fake News Office: The office for Fake News, the team that delivers all sorts of Mushroom Kingdom and other news.
Fun Stuff Office: The office dedicated to the Fun Stuff sections, filled with interactive activities for readers to solve.
Strategy Wing Office: The office serving the Strategy Wing team. This team is focused on sections with analysis, skills, tips and tricks.

2F
Break Room: If you need a break, head to the Break Room. Vending Machine is located here.
Kitchen Studio: This room has food ingredients behind your wildest cravings.
Infirmary: For any and all illnesses, the Infirmary and its doctor, Dr. Raticus, have you covered.
Art Gallery: The pieces of talented artists are put on display in this room.
Graphic Design Office: Here, graphic design is your passion! This room is equipped with all sorts of arts and crafts accessories.
Palette Swap Office: This office is dedicated to the Palette Swap team, with sections focused on art, music and fiction.
Pipe Plaza Office: The office for the Pipe Plaza team, which covers all wiki- and forum-related news.
Critic Corner Office: The office focusing on Critic Corner, the team with reviews galore.

3F
Director's Office: The office where The 'Shroom's paperwork is located, managed by Ninja Squid.
Sub-Director's Office: The residence of Waluigi Time, along with his dog Murphy.
Website Manager Office: This place is used by the Website Manager to manage The 'Shroom website.
Treasury: This room is where The 'Shroom's finances are located, waiting to be invested.

Rooftop
Rooftop: Pretty self-explanatory. Come up here for a breath of fresh air and a nice view of the city.

Players:
PlayerStatusRole
Lakituthequick (@Lakituthequick)Alive???
MrConcreteDonkey (@Not Shane)Won Night 5Yoshi876 (Amnesiac)
Hooded Pitohui (@Hooded Pitohui)Alive???
Shy Guy on Wheels (@Shy Guy on Wheels)Killed Night 3Hypnotoad (Redirector)
BBQ Turtle (@BBQ Turtle)Alive???
Superchao (@Raiko Horikawa)Killed Night 1Roserade (Doctor)
Shoey (@Fearless Fosdick)Lynched Day 6Hooded Pitohui (Tracker)
Meta Knight (@Meta Knight)Alive???
MightyMario (@MightyMario)Alive???
Roserade (@President Haltmann)Lynched Day 3Hypnotoad (Redirector)
Fun With Despair (@Spamton)Killed Night 4Vid (Journalist)
Alex95 (@Alex95)Lynched Day 2GBA (Girlboss Cult Leader)
Turboo (@Turboo)Alive???
Reverse Input (@Revin)Killed Night 5Ray Trace (Jack-of-All-Trades/Recharged)
Ray Trace (@Ray Trace)Killed Night 3Shmaluigi (Alignment Cop)
Ninelevendo (@Ninelevendo)Killed Day 4FunkyK38 (Backup)
GBA (@Demon King Nobunaga)Alive???
fantanoice (@fantanoice)Lynched Day 4Fred (Bomber)
TPG (@Dubious Creature)Killed Night 2Merlthazar (Wild Card)
InsaneBlathers (@Insane... ?)Alive???
Tucayo (@Hobbes)Alive???
Oho Jee on Fire (@Heavy Shinobi)Lynched Day 5Paper Mario (Gravedigger)

Phases:
Night 0 - Budget Presentation
Day 1 - A Newspaper without Leadership
Night 1 - Nothing Interesting Happens
Day 2 - The Collapse of an Empire
Night 2 - The End of Girlboss?
Day 3 - Where Can I get my Horoscope now :-(
Night 3 - Hypnodirector no more...
Day 4 - Aroo??
Night 4 - Power Outage

Last edited:

Dimitri A. Blaiddyd

Prince of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ninja Squid
The arrival of the new members of the ‘Shroom Congress was going wonderfully. The new members received their new employee cards and a map showing all the rooms of The 'Shroom HQ to help their whereabouts in the building. They were also given a good chance to meet fellow staffers in their new workplace.

As Goombuigi reunited the congress again in the Court Room for the official presentation of the budget, the lights were starting to flicker. Seeing that it was distracting a few members away from listening, Ninja Squid proceeded to reassure everyone that it was most likely Ukikey Wrench working in the basement for some repairs to the electrical system at the worst possible time. The room calmed down allowing Goombuigi to start doing the presentation. However, this was rather short-lived.

The alarm system started to sound and the lights suddenly went out, leaving only the few security lights on. Ninja Squid was starting to find these strange occurrences quite annoying. He then told to the congress members that it was most likely an incident, which could quickly be resolved. He advised Goombuigi to keep going on with the presentation of the budget, while he and Waluigi Time were going out to investigate what happened. Looking at the ninja while he was walking outside of the Court Room, you could sense how he was upset and getting ready to chastise Ukikey Wrench yet again for the mess.

After being delayed several times, Goombuigi was finally able to start the presentation of the ‘Shroom budget.

Goombuigi

Alright, I'm gonna start the presentation then.

Goombuigi

Ahem … Greetings, members of The 'Shroom Congress! I hope you're having a good day so far. In this presentation, I'm going to outline the ways in which we are planning to use The 'Shroom's budget.

First and foremost, we are considering cutting funding on microphones by 45%, which, in turn, we will use to invest in heaters for the 3rd Floor of The 'Shroom HQ.

Secondly, we are planning to increase the vacation budget for 'Shroom employees by 183%, and scheduling a vacation to Isle Delfino for June 2022. Note: for those wondering why the budget increase was so drastic, most of it was for the luxury cruise liner.

In addition, we are considering doing a bug check of the offices, and buying a large horse to situate in one of The 'Shroom HQ's rooms. Lastly, Morton Construction is in the process of construction of building a dog playground.

Goombuigi

These are our budget plans thus far. Please let me know if you support the budget, and if you have any opposition to the budget plans.

It is Night 0, please confirm that you received your role in the thread here
This phase will end

Dimitri A. Blaiddyd

Prince of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Ninja Squid
If you would like to join the Ghost Chatroom as a spectator, please react with "Thinking" 🤔 to this post. Take note that if you are currently a replacement for this game, you cannot join the Ghost Chatroom for the moment.

Thank you!

Raiko Horikawa

Live your life according to your rhythm!
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Superchao
~From the Desk of El Presidente~

Of course I support your support of this budget, Presidente. And might I add, it was truly an impressive idea to use the vacation budget increase to divert some extra funding to your swiss bank account. It is important a great man like you always have a little something tucked away!

Kim Pine

Will Eat Your Soul
Pronouns
He/She
1648507337213.png

"Detective" Luigi: Mm. I got my employee card.
1648507366298.png

"Detective" Luigi: ...Yuri, are you sure about this?
1648507681831.png

Yuri: Well, sir, if I had to pick a smart, handsome, and charming detective to investigate here, it would be you!
1648507722363.png

"Detective" Luigi: Aha, you're right. Thanks, Yuri.
1648507681831.png

Yuri: Anything for you, Stud!
1648507763432.png

"Detective" Luigi: ...what was that last part?
1648507825512.png

Yuri: SIR! SIR! I SAID "SIR!"
1648507842532.png

"Detective" Luigi: Ah, alright. And, uh, by the way, Mr. Goombigi, sir? One, I like the name. And two, I've got some changes to propose to that budget plan of yours. I'll share 'em in a sec, okay? Lemme write them down.

Alex95

The True Power Master
Banned User
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Alex95
Funky Godot.png

Godot Kong
"Ayo! Got this fancy looking card here! Guess that makes me all official 'n' stuff!"

"Goombuigi Dude, these financial decisions sound completely whack. I'm all for it! Anything that has to do with large horses is a-ok with me!"

Shy Guy on Wheels

Dry Bowser
Pronouns
HE/HIM

Man Right
Hello Gamers! My name is Man Right. I'm an Ace Attorner, and professional Minecraft speedrunner, and I'm here to help you sus out the mafias!

I come from a long line of attorners who are objectively correct. It's why I have right in my name, it's what everything I say is.

Man Right
I would like to confirm that I have in fact, recieved my role. Which I will be adding to the facts.

Man Right
I hope with the help of my attorning skills, we shall do very well!

ENA

GOD RACE
Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/they
MarioWiki
Roserade
Mm hm hm. I thank you for your invitation into the Congress, Your Honor. Unfortunately, I must contend that I oppose the proposed budget. Why is that?

There is not nearly enough money placed on technological innovation! Come now, no investment in furthering the 'Shroom's machinery? Just look at your Vending Machine! A brilliant marvel in invention! We need more like it! I demand to see more robots, more AI, more direction into the future!

Let me help you. As President and CEO of Haltmann Works Company, I can guarantee our finest products and renovation to your 'Shroom HQ. What do you say... native mushroom thing?

Thanos (Car)

from deltarune
Core 'Shroom Staff
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/Him/His
1648508649154.png

'Ello 'ello 'ello! DCI Heffley here, on loan from er... Bonneton.

Oim 'ere to 'ave a look at your roleplays, alright? If anything don't look right, be that what it may, you'll 'ave me to deal with! Got it? Now, that could range from a number of offences - where's me bloody notebook, ah - such as erm, the "Breach Of Canon act of '98"... "Possession of one or more persons from the 'Ace Attorney' franchise of characters"... "English-Speaking act of 2021"... "Repeat damage to immersion through breaking character"...

Manage to steer clear of all those, and oim an 'appy chappy, aren't I? Now, where's the slasher? 'Aven't 'ad a leak since getting here, and that Greggs coffee has gone straight through me, oi-oi!

Polly

Ace Parrot
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
Reverse Input
flash bandicoot.png

Ta for the press pass, mates! I'm sure yous won't be disappointed in the quality of work I put out.

flash bandicoot.png
Strewth! I just realised I haven't even introduced meself yet! Name's Flash Bandicoot. I'm a freelancer, and a bit of an all-rounder in the Aussie Press scene. Footy, politics, entertainment... I reckon I've done it all. So let me tell ya, there'll be no dramas with this newest assignment you've given me... yeah, I'll get this human interest piece done for ya, easy as!

Anyway, I was gonna shoot through to the hotel so I could get the beers on, but if you want my opinion on that budget before I go... I reckon it's a bit iffy, mate. Hardly any of it goes towards helping the bottom line, apart from the bug check, which I reckon is pretty instrumental to make sure the competition ain't listening in to your meetings and pinching all your ideas before you can publish them. Reducing the microphone budget? I know yous are a print paper, but digital media's the path to the future, fellas. If you aren't gonna start doing video and audio content, you're gonna find yourself being outrun by the competition faster than a snail racing a kangaroo. Old mate over there has it right: you gotta invest more in your tech if you wanna make it in today's modern landscape. And what about the rest of it, ay? Super expensive cruise tours, buying a horse just for putting it in a room (you didn't even say which one yous are gonna put it in!) and making a dog playground? Mate, I know it's important to keep up morale, but you gotta keep the main thing the main thing. Hard hitting investigative journalism. Put that cash into rewarding and helping your writers make the articles that no one else is able or willing to write up. Give 'em the resources to set up the interviews and events coverage that'll put you above the competition. Mark my words, mates, if you keep getting off track with this parks department stuff and these expensive cruise tours instead of focusing on what your business is actually about, you're gonna find yourself up the creek without a raft... and bloody oath mate, that creek's full of crocs that'll devour you as soon as you hit the water. Anyway, that's what I reckon. I'll see yas all in the morn at brekky time.

Metal Etemon

That's what I call hamburgers
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
In a dusty saloon in the bad part of town the tall handsome stranger sits sipping a shot of whisky from a dirty glass. A man approaches with a portly belly weasely face and dirty clothes. He sits down by the stranger and says "Buy me a drink stranger" the stranger obliges and the bartender pours another glass of what appears to be corn whisky
The weasel faced man takes the drink before whispering "You red?" Shocking the stranger.
"Ive been sent by Long Hat. Meet me outside in 15 minutes" the man says scurrying away.
The stranger goes outside to meet the mysterious man. "You got what I'm looking for" the man says as the stranger pills out a small bag full of gold coins
GOLD GOLD GOLD" The Weasley man says biting one of the coins to make sure they're real
The sketchy man pulls out an envelope and hands it to Red. "In that envelope is your new identity. New name new id new birth certificate it even has your powers and skills. If you get in trouble don't hesitate to use this information." Explains the man.
"And nobody will be able to tell right?" Asks Red pocketing the envelope
"Trust me Red nobody will be able to tell the difference between this and the genuine article" the man says before slipping away

Flygon64

Flygon "I'll figure this out later" 64
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Flygon64
I got my role
New Piskel-4.png (2).png

Now let me introduce myself...
New Piskel-1.png (11).png

I'm Plusle...
New Piskel-2.png (8).png

Plusle
Better than William and much better than that Dave!
HAHAHAHA!!!
Scared?
All those that stand against me, prepare to suffer like so many of the others!
New Piskel-2.png (9).png

Plusle
No one forgets me... Why aren't you shaking?
Oh just because I'm 1'04" I'm not a threat?
I can electrocute all of you in mere seconds.
I can raise your electrical bill!
New Piskel-2.png (8).png

Plusle
And there's nothing more certain in life than death and taxes!

Last edited:

Hooded Pitohui

The Bird with Batrachotoxin!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
SwatchNeutral.png
Master Goombuigi, having received the identification card that makes my transfer to your newspaper's headquarters official, I must respectfully suggest revisions to this budget.

SwatchAngry.png

The lack of a uniform budget is distressing. Without a professional appearance for the staff and writers interacting with guests on tours, the reputation of your paper will suffer. Further, Master Superchao and myself will need a greater budged for supplies for the upkeep of the building's appearance. The computer systems of this building failed to pass my white swatch examination. While Master Lakituthequick has kept up with the paper's demands to the best of his abilities, I found traces of... undesirable materials downloaded by careless writers. A full cleaning of the computer systems is in order to protect our vital fil-

SwatchDistressed.png

SwatchNeutral.png

-es. I apologize, Master Goombuigi. Dizziness overcame me. Such an interruption will not happen aga-

SWATCH.EXE HAS ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR AND NEEDS TO SHUT DOWN.
FAKE_NEWS.DIR NOT FOUND
CRITCORNER/HALFBAKED/IMAGES IS CORRUPTED AND CANNOT BE OPENED
WRITER_HISTORY.GSHEET IS UNAVAILABLE.
FUNNESTSTUFF.EXE FAILED TO LAUNCH (ERROR CODE ZERO)
THESHROOM HAS ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR :(
IF THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE SEEN A MESSAGE LIKE THIS, SHUT DOWN AND RESTART YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEMS. IF THIS ERROR PERSISTS, CONTACT LAKI-

ViroViroAdFull.gif

ViroViroKun.png

What a cozy new home! Look at this housewarming gift! So many files, all for me! Didya need MushroomTribune181.docx? I hope not! It's gone!

Who can hook a computer up to the TV? Put me on TV! We'll explore the SweetBirdsNotSuspicious.EXE file I came here in!

Aww, do you wanna cry? But we're only starting! And this rolecard I have gives me the right to be here!

It's fine! Virovirokun is your friend! You can download ShroomNewsFile182Legit.jar to see proof!

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
Finally an easy rp I can do!

OH my Poochy, it's been forever since I was last here

Boy I do love The 'Shroom's HQ. So many good memories inside these walls.

Feels like a lifetime ago that I first walked in, aspiring to become a Fun Stuff writer. Who knew a casual Mystery Images section would turn into hundreds of sections, several staff positions, a couple of directorial stints, and - above all - so many good friends.

But sadly we are not here to walk down memory lane, this is a dangerous place to be in now. This is serious business. It's been almost seven years since we last found ourselves in a similar situation. Last time, after a battle lasting several months, we were able to save ourselves from the mafia - albeit just barely. And definitely costing Stoob his sanity. Three years before that we also managed to make it out alive. But two years prior, under my own watch, in the first ever such attack, we could not defend our newspaper against the mafia. Our own turf. Our home. That was twelve years ago. Some of you were probably babies back then, but I am still haunted by that memory to this day. This is about vengeance. About standing for what is right, defending ourselves, and not letting some thugs take away what is ours. Not letting them take away The 'Shroom. Our 'Shroom. I'M WILLING TO DIE IN THESE OFFICES, IF THAT MEANS DEFEATING THE FORCES OF EVIL THA--

oh shoot

People are staring at me. How long has this inner monologue dragged on for?

Uhhhh.... this is getting uncomfortable, do something Tucky

HI!! ROLE GET!

Metal Knuckles

The “Metal Sonic” of the echidna set
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
OhoJeeOnFire
It was a dark and stormy night.

It was very dark and very stormy.

A giant shadow loomed over the world.

Sonic mania sprites part 3 on Scratch.png

Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 1.21.41 PM.png

Robotnik: Ha ha ha! It is I, the infamous Dr. Robotnik! The greatest scientific genius in the world! But this strange slip of paper… what is this? Oh, it’s my role card! How silly of me! Shall we get this started?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.