What Characters Wanted For MK3DS?

Fawfulfury65 said:
I will hurt everyone at Nintendo if I see any Sonic characters in this game. If only that wasn't illegal....

Sonic characters won't be in this game (of course, what do you think?) because they didn't confirm that this will be a crossover game.

Nintendo could surprise us, though. Remember what happened at Brawl?

I'm only really hoping for Baby Luigi. I still have this nasty feeling he won't be in.

Koopalings. I love those guys....

They would be great for an NPC boss race, but I'm not sure how they'll manage to fit all 7 in Mario Kart as playable.

Aside from the most obvious suggestions, Rosalina, Lubba, and/or the Koopalings.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to see some Wario characters make it in. Mona has a scooter and Dribble and Spitz own a souped-up taxi, so they'll have no problem with driving a kart.

That's my IDEAL 30 character roster:

Light:

Toad - Koopa Troopa - Dry Bones - Toadette - Baby Mario/Luigi/Peach/Daisy - Shy Guy - Red Paratroopa

Medium:

Mario - Luigi - Yoshi - Peach - Daisy - Birdo - Diddy Kong - Dixie Kong - Bowser Jr - Wendy Koopa

Heavy:

Bowser - Donkey Kong - Wario - Waluigi - Rosalina - King Boo - Funky Kong - K.Rool - Hammer Bro - Lubba
------------------------------------------------

Now that's a more realistic approach for a roster of 18 (it can't be 16 or 20 because it should divide with the 3 weight categories evenly) characters:

Light:
Toad - Diddy Kong - Koopa Troopa - Dry Bones - Baby Mario(?) - Baby Luigi(?)

Medium:
Mario - Luigi - Yoshi - Peach - Daisy - Bowser Jr

Heavy:
Bowser - Donkey Kong - Wario - Waluigi - Rosalina(?) - *(?)

*= An unknown character, it's most likely to be a new character introduced to the series, maybe Lubba or Hammer Bro or someone even more surprising.
?= I 'm not sure if these characters will be in, I just include them as potential fillers.
The following 12 are default in almost all Mario spin-offs and are almost certainly going ot be unlocked in the game: Mario/Luigi/Peach/Daisy/Yoshi/Toad/Wario/Waluigi/Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong/Bowser/Bowser Jr.

A Shyguy would be nice. Other than that, all the characters from MKW should be here

I'm pretty sure that all characters in MKW won't return. Too little space for the 3DS to handle. I say, the Double Dash roster, even though it's extremely unbalanced, but I don't care.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Nintendo could surprise us, though. Remember what happened at Brawl?

I'm only really hoping for Baby Luigi. I still have this nasty feeling he won't be in.

What about Baby Mario?
I want Wario big time. I just want to kill him.

There is yet to be a game where Baby Luigi is in, but not Baby Mario. So, yeah.

Luckily, Wario will be here.

Well, I'm thinking of an average of 10 characters max for each category, so here is my list(Star means unlockable):

Small:
Toad
Baby Mario
Koopa
Dry Bones
Toadette
Toadsworth*
Baby Luigi*
Baby Peach*
Baby Daisy*
Shy Guy*

Medium:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Daisy
Birdo*
Bowser Jr.*
Diddy Kong*
Dixie Kong*
E. Gadd*

Large:
Wario
Waluigi
DK
Bowser
King Boo
Rosalina*
Dry Bowser*
Funky Kong*
Petey Pirahna*
Lubba*

WTF IS E.GLADD.
Good roster.
I wonder if they will have downloadables if the memory is too small.

There's no possibility that this character will be included, unless a Luigi's Mansion 2 or a Luigi's Mansion 3DS is going to be developed.

There wasn't much of a possibility for Dry Bowser or Funky Kong to show up in MKW, but they ended up being there. E. Gadd doesn't only appear in Luigi's Mansion, you know.

True, but I still don't see how he would be a possible player in a future MK game. Don't forget that Dry Bowser had appeared a couple of years before MKWii in NSMBDS and Funky Kong had also appeared in DKBB just one b4 that. I mean, their appearance in MKWii did not completely come out of nowhere.

I just checked Gadd's page on mariowiki and he hasn't appeared in a game since 2003.

No, he was a pretty major character in PiT in 2005, and he also appeared in MP Advance in 2005. According to that article, he was supposed to appear in MKDS too. But Dry Bones replaced him apparently.

You know guys,

The 3DS cards we've seen so far have had a capacity of 2 gigabytes. Mario Kart Wii was 2.5 gigabytes. 1.7 of those were tied up in costly thp fmvs that ultimately were only used for some graphical effects that it would have been too costly for the Wii to generate in real time. The opening movie, some parts of the credits sequence, and the course previews and animated buttons on the menu screens were all done using fmvs. This means that aside from a few graphical effects, none of which are crucial to the gameplay, the entirety of Mario Kart Wii could fit in half the space of a 3DS card.

Please consider that before restricting your rosters to a certain number of characters based on storage limitations.

As for me, I want Dry Bones. The rest of my roster can be whoever you want, because I don't care. Also, I agree with whoever said to get rid of different stat boosts depending on which character you use.

Here are the characters in want that haven't appeared in MK yet:

Fawful
Cackletta
Midbus
E. Gadd
Dixie Kong
Kiddy Kong
Cranky Kong
Any other Kong
Hammer Bro.
Baby Wario

That's all I can think of. Some of them probably will never appear as playable characters in MK.
I'm also waiting for some sort of appearance of a Dry Bowser Jr.

I really would like Paratroopa to return. I missed my winged tortoise.

Back