Ugliest Characters

Smashgoom202 said:
Off the top of my head, I'd say Birdo's the ugliest. Though this variation of Waluigi is also pretty ugly:

http://www.brawlinthefamily.com/?p=220

I like his drawing style of Waluigi, though. He even said something like being surprised to hear an insult to that character.

What the hell is up with all this crazy hate for Daisy and Birdo!?
You guys are seriously stereotypicals and you can't adjust to change!

You hate Birdo because she's not been confirmed to be either male or female, or, in some words, transexual (look at the clues, Birdo's a she for God's sake). That's extremely stereotypical, not to mention transphobic, which is almost as bad as being homophobic. It's discrimination.

You hate Daisy because she isn't Rosalina. I'm surprised people haven't started hating on Peach. The reason Rosalina is so loved is: "lolo SMG was teh best game evar and all the olda games cant be better than dis and lolo were on 2006". The only reason you hate Daisy is because she wasn't in SMG. You're being discriminative against ginger-haired people, especially when Daisy is brown-haired! Daisy's voice is not annoying, and neither is her personality. It's fun, which is what games should be about, not boring, generic, and just-another-princess, like Rosalina.

In short, you're all Rosalina fanboys/girls and that's why you hate Daisy, and Birdo's different, which is why you hate her.

I'm not gonna lie, I prefer Daisy to Peach. There. I said it. I've got a little Daisy figure next to my monitor.

I don't like Daisy as much as I like Rosalina, however.

Ugliest character, I gotta give it up to any number of Kongs. Chunky Kong is probably the winner, but Candy Kong comes in a close second. There's just something about putting skanky clothes and lipstick on a monkey that makes the monkey grotesque. After that--for as much as I love him--Waluigi.

Mason said:
PS: Birdo being male in the instruction manual was not canon and Vivian being male is a translation error.
Birdo was never said to be anything else than male in Japan, so one can assume it's at least "canon" there. And the quote clarifying Vivian's gender is in her article in Japanese, saying precisely what the article claims it does, so unless the game was translated to Japanese from some other language, a translation error in that isn't logically possible. (I'm very sorry if this wasn't meant to be taken seriously, it's hard to tell that on the internet especially with people you barely know. I apologise if this seems rude as well.)

You hate Birdo because she's not been confirmed to be either male or female, or, in some words, transexual (look at the clues, Birdo's a she for God's sake).

Did you even read the above comments? If someone thinks he is a girl he will dress accordingly.

You hate Daisy because she isn't Rosalina.

I don't. In fact, I probably prefer Daisy to Rosalina.

I'm surprised people haven't started hating on Peach.

I have. She's really annoying as well.

The only reason you hate Daisy is because she wasn't in SMG

SMG? Never played it. Must be some ridiculous rip-off if it doesn't have Daisy.

You're being discriminative against ginger-haired people, especially when Daisy is brown-haired!

I'm redhead, if that's what you're talking about.

In short, you're all Rosalina fanboys/girls and that's why you hate Daisy, and Birdo's different, which is why you hate her.

I like Rosalina okay, but Daisy is better as said above.

Tokoyoto said:
I'm not gonna lie, I prefer Daisy to Peach.

Ditto! :daisy: > :peach:

Mason said:
PS: Birdo being male in the instruction manual was not canon and Vivian being male is a translation error.

Ditto Vellidragon's post.

Krizzy said:
Mason said:

Ditto Vellidragon's post.
Vivian is so awesome!
Haters gonna Hate :mad:

Krizzy: You're obviously better than the others. I was talking to all the people hating on Daisy for no reason, and, by coincidence, started fanboying/fangirling over Rosalina.

Mason said:
Vivian is female in the pictures I look at. :rolleyes: Are you guys SURE that the Japanese version says she's a male? I read that people were taking it out of context (like when one of the sisters calls her a man she's just being mean.)

I saw it in the ENGLISH instruction guide and it says he's a boy who's pretending to be a girl! He is very manly. -> :birdo:

Again, in the English version, which is the version we go by, Birdo's a girl.

And what does it matter if she's a man? That's no reason to hate on her.

And it doesn't say that about Vivian, I'm sure, or else it's otherwise a mistranslation.

Britain said:
Not everyone necessarily goes by the English version, actually. The Mario Wiki itself actually goes by the Japanese canon in many, many cases. Not saying it's wrong to go by the English version, of course, just pointing out that not everyone does.
Britain said:
And it doesn't say that about Vivian, I'm sure, or else it's otherwise a mistranslation.
Look at her article; her Japanese character description reads "オンナのコのようで ホントは オトコのコ", which, as far as I can tell with my knowledge of the language, roughly translates to "while [Vivian] looks like a girl, in reality, she's a boy". Goombella's tattle in the English version also calls her the youngest "sister... er, brother"; in Japanese, she says "妹 ・・・じゃなくて 弟" at this part, which loosely translates to pretty much the same thing.

Vellidragon said:
Britain said:
Not everyone necessarily goes by the English version, actually. The Mario Wiki itself actually goes by the Japanese canon in many, many cases. Not saying it's wrong to go by the English version, of course, just pointing out that not everyone does.
Yes, but most of our (active) members are English and English is a very widely followed language. Also, look at the facts-why would a boy wear a bow, be in love with Yoshi, another boy, and wear a flashy diamond ring.

Vellidragon said:
Britain said:
Look at her article; her Japanese character description reads "オンナのコのようで ホントは オトコのコ", which, as far as I can tell with my knowledge of the language, roughly translates to "while [Vivian] looks like a girl, in reality, she's a boy". Goombella's tattle in the English version also calls her the youngest "sister... er, brother"; in Japanese, she says "妹 ・・・じゃなくて 弟" at this part, which loosely translates to pretty much the same thing.
[/quote]
Goombella may have been confused as there is no signs to confirm the gender of the sisters, but the most logical way of looking at things is that Vivian is a girl, as are her sisters (not sure about the fat one though, the voice chugaaconroy gave...it...was pretty masculine).

Britain said:
Yes, but most of our (active) members are English and English is a very widely followed language. Also, look at the facts-why would a boy wear a bow, be in love with Yoshi, another boy, and wear a flashy diamond ring.

Japanese is also a widely followed language, and the origin of the content itself. And to be fair, Yoshi's a boy that lays eggs. They're both a little on the gender confused side.

Britain said:
Goombella may have been confused as there is no signs to confirm the gender of the sisters, but the most logical way of looking at things is that Vivian is a girl, as are her sisters (not sure about the fat one though, the voice chugaaconroy gave...it...was pretty masculine).

When at least two characters in-game state that the character is male in both Japanese and English versions, I think it might be safe to say that the character might be male. Maybe it's just me.

Back