Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion

Maka said:
King Boo said:
Maka said:
King Boo said:
Well Lucario could at least be used to replace Pichu. And I do hope Mewtwo comes back. And no, Mewtwo wasnt supposed to be in the original. (Peach was supposed to be in the original too.) Pit was supposed to be in the original, but was replaced my Jigglypuff, because Jigglypuff is from a much more popular series than Pit, and having Jigglypuff in would sell more copies than Pit being in. And if Mewtwo comes back, they need to make him better. In Melee, at the highest level of play, Mewtwo holds the honor of being the worst character in the game (even worse than Pichu). Serious buffs are needed. Shadow Ball and Teleport are fine, but Confusion and Disable have got to go. But back on the topic of Lucario, out of any Pokemon newcomer, Lucario has the highest chance. Remember, less cute pokemon. More badass ones. And when it comes to A moves, I'm comparing him to Fox.
Wouldn't it make more sense if Lucario would be replacing mewtwo?
No. Mewtwo is a unique character. If Lucario does come in, which is likely, he wont be replacing Mewtwo. If he replaces anyone, its gonna be Pichu.

But it's more similair to mewtwo. 2 Legged slightly humanoid pokemon that has psychic abilities.
Still not good a reason to replace Mewtwo. Mewtwo is a legendary. You think they would replace legendary with some regular pokemon like Lucario. Anywayz...

Sonic: There's only room for one blue animal here!
Lucario: Yeah, and thats me.
Sonic: O RLY?
Lucario: YA RLY!
Sonic: Ok then lets fight!
Lucario: Bring it on then!

Sonic vs. Lucario

GO!

"Sonic spin dashes at Lucario."
"As Sonic approaches Lucario uses Aura Sphere. A DIRECT HIT!"
Sonic: Wow, you got some moves.
Lucario: I know. And is run and spin all you can do?
Sonic: Yep.
Lucario: How pathetic.
"Lucario runs up to Sonic and kicks him. Sonic puts up shield. Lucario uses Feint to shatter Sonic's shield. Sonic is left dizzy."
"Lucario then grabs a smash ball and uses Close Combat."
"The hit knocked Sonic out his dizziness. Sonic then used Spring Jump."
"While Sonic is way up in the air, Lucario Hi Jump Kicks him.... in the balls."
THIS GAMES WINNER IS...

LUCARIO!

King Boo said:
Maka said:
King Boo said:
Maka said:
King Boo said:
Well Lucario could at least be used to replace Pichu. And I do hope Mewtwo comes back. And no, Mewtwo wasnt supposed to be in the original. (Peach was supposed to be in the original too.) Pit was supposed to be in the original, but was replaced my Jigglypuff, because Jigglypuff is from a much more popular series than Pit, and having Jigglypuff in would sell more copies than Pit being in. And if Mewtwo comes back, they need to make him better. In Melee, at the highest level of play, Mewtwo holds the honor of being the worst character in the game (even worse than Pichu). Serious buffs are needed. Shadow Ball and Teleport are fine, but Confusion and Disable have got to go. But back on the topic of Lucario, out of any Pokemon newcomer, Lucario has the highest chance. Remember, less cute pokemon. More badass ones. And when it comes to A moves, I'm comparing him to Fox.
No. Mewtwo is a unique character. If Lucario does come in, which is likely, he wont be replacing Mewtwo. If he replaces anyone, its gonna be Pichu.

But it's more similair to mewtwo. 2 Legged slightly humanoid pokemon that has psychic abilities.
Still not good a reason to replace Mewtwo. Mewtwo is a legendary. You think they would replace legendary with some regular pokemon like Lucario. Anywayz...

Sonic vs. Lucario

GO!

"Lucario runs up to Sonic and kicks him. Sonic puts up shield. Lucario uses Feint to shatter Sonic's shield. Sonic is left dizzy."
THIS GAMES WINNER IS...

LUCARIO!

His popularity rivals that of a legendary becuase many people thought he was. It doesn't matter that it's a legendary or not anyway, since mewtwo is the only legendary that was playable at any point anyway.

How the heck do YOU know all this? And, yes, Mewtwo was meant to be in the original. I'm not sure about Peach, but I know for a fact, Mewtwo was meant to be in it =|. Also, Pichu is my second best character, after Ness =). But, by the looks of it, I'll have to settle for control, not power (aka. Pikachu) in SSBB D=.

My bad, your right. SmashWiki says this: Mewtwo makes his Smash-series debut as an unlockable character in Melee; it is interesting to note that he could have appeared in the previous game in some form but didn't.

King Dedede was supposed to be in the original, but SmashWiki says this: King Dedede made a mere brief cameo in the background of the Dream Land stage. He was also meant to be a playable character, but time constraints caused him to only have the aforementioned cameo.

King Dedede was also supposed to be in Melee, but was removed to time constraints AGAIN.

Now in Brawl King Dedede is finally playable, bringing the Kirby series up to three characters.

I already told you that Pit was gonna be in the original, but presumably he was also supposed to be in Melee, along with Ridley, but they were both removed, because the programmers had problems with the wings. So they were removed.

And now off the topic of removed characters...

I think Megaman is the third and final third party character.

King Boo said:
Maka said:
King Boo said:
Maka said:
King Boo said:

Sonic vs. Lucario

GO!

THIS GAMES WINNER IS...

LUCARIO!
Do I still have to tell you that kicking people "there" isn't appropriate? :roll:

Anyway, I wonder if Electrode can be picked up when he's a dud. Maybe you could throw him at your fellow Smashers. :eek:

My bad, your right. SmashWiki says this: Mewtwo makes his Smash-series debut as an unlockable character in Melee; it is interesting to note that he could have appeared in the previous game in some form but didn't.

King Dedede was supposed to be in the original, but SmashWiki says this: King Dedede made a mere brief cameo in the background of the Dream Land stage. He was also meant to be a playable character, but time constraints caused him to only have the aforementioned cameo.

King Dedede was also supposed to be in Melee, but was removed to time constraints AGAIN.

Now in Brawl King Dedede is finally playable, bringing the Kirby series up to three characters.

I already told you that Pit was gonna be in the original, but presumably he was also supposed to be in Melee, along with Ridley, but they were both removed, because the programmers had problems with the wings. So they were removed.

First of all, yeah, Mewtwo was meant to be in the original. Wikipedia has the link to the page (in Japanese) on King Dedede's page. Try translating it.

I know Pit was meant to be in the original, and the wing theory is a good theory, actually.

As for Megaman, how do we know there is another 3rd Party character? Sakurai said there may be 2 or 3, but that doesn't secure another 3rd Party character. And, even then, Sonic and Snake were meant to be in Melee, but were taken out due to time constraints. That's why they are in Brawl now. And, even then, Megaman MIGHT be beaten by a Final Fantasy character (although, I still believe Megaman is a better candidate, even if I like Final Fantasy more than Megaman). Just saying.

Pokemon DP said:

First of all, yeah, Mewtwo was meant to be in the original. Wikipedia has the link to the page (in Japanese) on King Dedede's page. Try translating it.

I know Pit was meant to be in the original, and the wing theory is a good theory, actually.

As for Megaman, how do we know there is another 3rd Party character? Sakurai said there may be 2 or 3, but that doesn't secure another 3rd Party character. And, even then, Sonic and Snake were meant to be in Melee, but were taken out due to time constraints. That's why they are in Brawl now. And, even then, Megaman MIGHT be beaten by a Final Fantasy character (although, I still believe Megaman is a better candidate, even if I like Final Fantasy more than Megaman). Just saying.
Ugh. Snake is one thing, but Final Fantasy?!
I can't imagine how they'd look when you Footstool Jump them... -_-

Well the alternate costumes update was by far the best we've gotten lately. Post your favorite alternate costume that was revealed today. I like all the dark costumes (except for Dark Zelda.), but my favorite dark costume is Dark Fox.

technique08_071121e-l.jpg

Fox, black is definitely your color. Start wearing that in your own games please. Also, I would like a costume like that. The shirt, the boots, even the gun, everything. And especially the scouter.

That was really not the best update >_>
The best one was the stage builder one.
Anyway, Bowser's dark costume is the very best one.

Ya mean Pimp King?

Ok I think these Dark costumes tie into Subspace. The characters that are turned into trophies are cloned, and the dark versions are made. So if this theory is true, that means that the Pimp King is Bowser's evil clone.... and if Bowser's clone is the opposite of him, that means our Bowser is the good Bowser! :shock:

King Boo said:
Ok I think these Dark costumes tie into Subspace. The characters that are turned into trophies are cloned, and the dark versions are made. So if this theory is true, that means that the Pimp King is Bowser's evil clone.... and if Bowser's clone is the opposite of him, that means our Bowser is the good Bowser! :shock:

Have you eaten too much waffles?

XD.

You DO know Final Fantasy is the 3rd best selling video game franchise in Video Game history, after Mario and Pokemon, right?

Pokemon DP said:
XD.

You DO know Final Fantasy is the 3rd best selling video game franchise in Video Game history, after Mario and Pokemon, right?

And ontop of that the first half of the main installments where on nintendo systems.

Pokemon DP said:
XD.

You DO know that's irrelevant to my question, right?

You DO know that's irrelevant to my question, right?
You referring to the Footstool Jump thing? They would be squashed when stomped, like some monster squashing them. XD

I made an awesome banner from the Dark Fox pic.

Who the hell is this Saki Amamiya guy? He looks and sounds like dumb character.

King Boo said:

Can't you read? He's from Sin & Punishment. >_>

This guy sucks for the sole reason that I can't pronounce his name.

Dodoman said:
King Boo said:

I think he does, since the first name is pronounced like "sucky".

Smiddle said:
Dodoman said:
King Boo said:

I think he does, since the first name is pronounced like "sucky".
QFT! QFT!

I hope Captain Falcon is confirmed tomorrow.
I miss Jay. D:

He looks like a girl in Sin & Punishment. But the game PWNZ. Seriously.
He looks like a girl in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, too. =| And, the game PWNz, eh? Does it? Does it really? =P

Back