Mario Party Haters

ralphfan

Thank you based god
I have heard people complaining time and time again about all Mario Party games from 4 on. Why do you guys not like them?

Mainly because they got very uncreative, and have little to no replay value.

Mario Party 6 was probably the most creative one in the series. I say probably because there's a few I haven't played but 6 just has so many ideas, and most of them were great.

I hadn't played any up until MP7, but according to the MW articles, they do look repetitive. One thing I don't like about MP7 is that the game takes forever. MP8 is much faster.

Herr Shyguy said:
Mario Party 6 was probably the most creative one in the series. I say probably because there's a few I haven't played but 6 just has so many ideas, and most of them were great.

That survival road mode or whatever was quite addicting I must admit.

President Iwata said:
Mainly because they got very uncreative, and have little to no replay value.

Any multiplayer game of this kind has basically infinite replay value, as long as you have friends to play with. I still pop in MP3 and 4 from time to time to play with my friends.

Also, the repetitive thing depends on opinions: ANY Mario game can get repetitive because it´s a whole series based on sequels with the same ideas, more or less, just changing things here and there. Mario Party games were considered repetitive because nintendo abused them, specially during the Gamecube era. But if you look back at them now, and properly judge them as separate games, they are awesome. Maybe MP8 was a little lacking but still decent.

I've played the first five and the eighth installment, and I still question why anyone needs more than one of these games.

I have only played MP8 and it is really good! i think. I really like any Mario games.

It's a bit different from all those other genre's and I personally really enjoyed it.

Because they have no friends.

wsbm said:
Because they have no friends.

Actually it's because none of my friends are lame enough to play freaking Mario Party in the first place.

Mario Party isn't lame. My brother plays it with his friends all the time, and he's older than me and not even a Mario fan.

All Mario Parties are awesome. Just some are not as good as others, such as 8 for instance, but none are terrible IMO. I want Mario Party 9. Heck, I would rather have another Mario Party than a Mario platformer. Multiplayer games are my thing.

Read my post again. I didn't say Mario Party was lame, I said my friends aren't lame enough to play Mario Party.

There is a subtle but clear difference.

Yes, but the way you said it made it indirectly seem Mario Party is lame

Mario party is way better then some of those other "party" games. It has more variety! And yes if there was a Mario Party 9 come out then I would buy it.

Mario Party 4 and Mario Party 5 have to be my favorites. I know that some of the others (MP6) have been much more creative in terms of gameplay, these two were my first and I remember having fun playing against my friends. I don't have as many fond memories of the newer games as I do of the old ones.

Lrrr said:
Jake said:
Mario Party 4 and Mario Party 5 have to be my favorites. I know that some of the others (MP6) have been much more creative in terms of gameplay, these two were my first and I remember having fun playing against my friends. I don't have as many fond memories of the newer games as I do of the old ones.
I didn't like Mario Party 4 for single player too much. Did it even have a story mode?

As for 5, I love it but I know it gets a lot of hate. I like that it has the Star Spirits from Paper Mario.
Mario Party 4's story mode revolved around besting each board's host at their own game. After beating the board, you would actually play a special minigame against the host. I thought that was very fun, and I also enjoyed stomping on my friends using the 'mini-mega system'.

I completely agree, it was great to see them return. I know I was outraged when I saw that Prima's game guide misprinted and said that the star spirits had never appeared before MP5. :P Paper Mario is one of my favorite series.

Mario Party 5 is more well-known for its quality of the minigames than the boards. I spent way more time playing the minigame mode than party mode.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Mario Party 5 is more well-known for its quality of the minigames than the boards. I spent way more time playing the minigame mode than party mode.
I couldn't agree more. Even the minigame modes were very creative. I especially liked the one where you race around a track while completing duel minigames.

Villain said:
Mario Party 5 has my favorite mini-game of all time:
Fish Upon a Star

It also had that awesome Mario Mechs minigame.

Personally I think that Mario Party is starting to wind down, which I really hope not. 7 was probably one of my favorite, along with 5. Mario Party 8 and DS just seem as if they were rushing a bit with getting it to people that it felt very limited on ideas. I mean, didn't you see how many minigames it had total? I hope they come out with Mario Party 9, and that they have spent the last 3 years working hard to make it worth playing.

Nostalgic Major said:
Personally I think that Mario Party is starting to wind down, which I really hope not. 7 was probably one of my favorite, along with 5. Mario Party 8 and DS just seem as if they were rushing a bit with getting it to people that it felt very limited on ideas. I mean, didn't you see how many minigames it had total? I hope they come out with Mario Party 9, and that they have spent the last 3 years working hard to make it worth playing.

I thought Mario Party DS was better than the last two, but Mario Party 8 and 7 had signs of rushing. Recycled mugshots, anyway? That's not the only problem anyway.

I didn't like the serious lack of Donkey Kong later on, though. Not that I like him, but I like beating him up with his other friends, Waluigi and Wario.

Back