Top 10 Best and Worst minigames in the Mario Party series

Lindsay151

Cheep Cheep
Wiki Administrator
What are your 10 best and worst minigames in the Mario Party franchise and why?
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Re: Top 10 Best to Worst minigames in the Mario Party series

10 best to worst? Does that mean 1 is best, 10 is worst, and 2-9 are somewhere in between?
 

Toad48

Dry Bowser
Min would all be on the ds.\


1.Flash and Dash
2.Camera Shy
3. other ones that I can't think of.
 

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
The worst minigames ever were the ones in the first MP that made you rapidly rotate the control stick.

My poor red N64 controller.
 
M

Ms Mowz!

Guest
MP8 > Mario matrix is the only one i can think of.

Camera shy i think is fun but oh well diff opinion.

OMG my fav MP8 minigame is inspector....ah i forget it's where you go around with the flashlight looking for enemies that are hiding.
 

Ray Trace

You have entered the comedy area.
Ms Mowz! said:
MP8 > Mario matrix is the only one i can think of.

Camera shy i think is fun but oh well diff opinion.

OMG my fav MP8 minigame is inspector....ah i forget it's where you go around with the flashlight looking for enemies that are hiding.
Spector Inspector is very fun. I like looking straight into Wario's ugly face.

However, my favorite is Mario Mechs from Mario Party 5. Least favorite is any luck minigame.
 
M

Ms Mowz!

Guest
BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Ms Mowz! said:
MP8 > Mario matrix is the only one i can think of.

Camera shy i think is fun but oh well diff opinion.

OMG my fav MP8 minigame is inspector....ah i forget it's where you go around with the flashlight looking for enemies that are hiding.
Spector Inspector is very fun. I like looking straight into Wario's ugly face.

However, my favorite is Mario Mechs from Mario Party 5. Least favorite is any luck minigame.
Bahaha! oh, I love wario's ugly face. And yes thats what it was called spector inspector. ;D
 

Brawl Mario

Super Smash Bros.'s most fearsome Mario
Rudder Madness
Flip the Chimp
Rotate-the-control-stick minigames
Rapid-input minigames

Awesome minigames, I tell you! ;D
 

Ray Trace

You have entered the comedy area.
LeftyGreenMario said:
Rudder Madness
Flip the Chimp
Rotate-the-control-stick minigames
Rapid-input minigames

Awesome minigames, I tell you! ;D
I think you should let people know that you are sarcastic, so people don't get the wrong idea
 

Mathew757

Fan of GIFs!
I loved playing Camera Shy, Boo Tag, and any minigame that earns you coins based on how many you collected (Mario Party DS). And most Duel games on MP8.
The only minigames I hate are luck games, like that minigame in Mario Party 8 where you lost if you cut a wrong wire, and then you got catapulted out of the cliff.
 

Fawfulfury65

The Last Story
Retired Wiki Staff
Flip the Chimp is terrible because the controls suck. But NO DOUBT Bash and Cash (from Mario Party 1) is the worst MP minigame EVER! It's so unfair!!! The guy dressed as Bowser just has to run away from everyone else who is trying to steal their coins, while they have no way of getting coins for themself!
 

Ray Trace

You have entered the comedy area.
Fawfulfury65 said:
Flip the Chimp is terrible because the controls suck. But NO DOUBT Bash and Cash (from Mario Party 1) is the worst MP minigame EVER! It's so unfair!!! The guy dressed as Bowser just has to run away from everyone else who is trying to steal their coins, while they have no way of getting coins for themself!
What about Wario? He should be the lone player.
 

Villain11

Katniss <3
A few of my favorites:
Booksquirm (4)
Slime Time (4)
Blame it on the Crane (4)
Fish Upon a Star (5)
Chomp Romp (5)
Mario Can-Can (5)
Flatiator (5)
Ground Pound Down (5)
Tube It or Lose It (5)
Squared Away (5)
Granite Getaway (6)
Catch Me Letter (6)
Track and Yield (7)
Fun Run (7)
Bubble Brawl (7)

I'm not sure of all of the names and some of the ones from 7 could be from 8.
 

Fawfulfury65

The Last Story
Retired Wiki Staff
BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
Flip the Chimp is terrible because the controls suck. But NO DOUBT Bash and Cash (from Mario Party 1) is the worst MP minigame EVER! It's so unfair!!! The guy dressed as Bowser just has to run away from everyone else who is trying to steal their coins, while they have no way of getting coins for themself!
What about Wario? He should be the lone player.
I'm always chosen as the lone player in party mode. It would be great if it chose Wario as the lone player for once. It hasn't done that in a while.
 

Brawl Mario

Super Smash Bros.'s most fearsome Mario
What, no one has said anything about RUDDER MADNESS??
 

Gamefreak75

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
クッパJr. said:
The worst minigames ever were the ones in the first MP that made you rapidly rotate the control stick.

My poor red N64 controller.
This.

My controller didn't last that long.

I also despise Bash n Cash because every time I get a 1 vs 3 minigame, and I'm the 1, I always get that goddamn abomination of a game. It's so biased because I have no chance of winning...
 

Brawl Mario

Super Smash Bros.'s most fearsome Mario
Gamefreak75 said:
クッパJr. said:
The worst minigames ever were the ones in the first MP that made you rapidly rotate the control stick.

My poor red N64 controller.
This.

My controller didn't last that long.

I also despise Bash n Cash because every time I get a 1 vs 3 minigame, and I'm the 1, I always get that goddamn abomination of a game. It's so biased because I have no chance of winning...
The rotate-control-stick minigames were so awful, and I'm sort of glad that I rented Mario Party.
 

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
Top 10 best (from what I've played)

10: Chain Chomp Fever
9: Fowl Play
8: Ridiculous Relay
7: Dungeon Duos
6: Fun Run
5: Frigid Bridges
4: Unhappy Trails
3: Think Tank
2: Team Treasure Trek
1: Jump, Man
 

QuizmoManiac

a rhinestone cowboy
Silly Mason said:
Deadpool said:
The worst minigames ever were the ones in the first MP that made you rapidly rotate the control stick.

My poor red N64 controller.
Not only did they wear out your controller but they made a blister in the center of your palm.

My poor palm.
I remember crying as a kid because my palm hurt so much :'( did you know they gave out gloves just for this reason?
 

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
Yeah I hated some of those minigames from the original Mario Party. Control Stick rotation games are the pits, especially when you ALWAYS lose to easy leveled CPUs.

Tug o' War is a perfect example of a minigame that's super lame with its control scheme. If it were as easy as holding the A button, that would be one thing. Of course, if that ever happened, the game would always end in a stalemate.

Strangely, the Control Stick rotation controls weren't so bad in Super Mario 64; only had to do that during the Bowser battles.
 
Top