game poll

which brawl is best?

• Total voters
This belongs in The Marioverse or the SSB board.

Why is this in General Discussion? There's a whole board for Smash Bros. you know.

And Brawl I guess. Melee was great too, but I never played the original.

There is only one Brawl in that list, so I guess that one is the best...

I prefer Melee. The game's speed really made the game feel more intense at times in my opinions and I liked that. Brawl's physics however was way slower though. I also dislike the fact that they removed my favourite character from melee (Pichu-yes, I do use him) in Brawl. I also disliked how Brawl felt more orientated to the adventure mode rather than the regular battle modes.

Melee was the best. Brawl is a good game but, as much as I usually complain when games lack fanservice or when this or that character are absent, Brawl epitomizes the opposite problem: it´s more of a museum than a game (and it even fails as a museum considering a few trophy descriptions have mistakes or at least "discussable" points).

Brawl is a huge treasure chest with lots of melodies, trophies, collectibles, etc but fails at the most basic aspect of a game, which is the gameplay: horribly broken characters, lazy target test (5 stages for everyone? c´mon...), random tripping, laggy online, etc etc etc

Melee, while a little bit too fast-paced, is a more balanced game and a more enjoyable one in my opinion. SSB64 is a close second, only losing due to lack of content, but the gameplay was awesome in that one.

Edofenrir said:
There is only one Brawl in that list, so I guess that one is the best...

So I wasn't the only one that noticed?

Easmo said:
Melee was the best. Brawl is a good game but, as much as I usually complain when games lack fanservice or when this or that character are absent, Brawl epitomizes the opposite problem: it´s more of a museum than a game (and it even fails as a museum considering a few trophy descriptions have mistakes or at least "discussable" points).

Brawl is a huge treasure chest with lots of melodies, trophies, collectibles, etc but fails at the most basic aspect of a game, which is the gameplay: horribly broken characters, lazy target test (5 stages for everyone? c´mon...), random tripping, laggy online, etc etc etc

Melee, while a little bit too fast-paced, is a more balanced game and a more enjoyable one in my opinion. SSB64 is a close second, only losing due to lack of content, but the gameplay was awesome in that one.

Not to mention, Melee is more fun to watch than Brawl.

Super smash bros. is the best. Brawl is alright but I have some complaints about it. Melee, I didn't get to play much of that but it was fun. But the real winner is the original. I first played it when I was seven and still play it to this day. Link for the win!

I love Melee (it's my most played game ever), but I like Brawl better because of the content. The gameplay is a little better in Melee because it has a faster pace.

Melee, to me, is much more addictive and more fun.

Brawl on the other hand, has great additional content.

So...it's kind of a toss up between the town but I vote for Melee.

schmutz said:
Brawl, only because it has online play.

Even if the online play is horrible?

I like all of them.

schmutz said:
Brawl, only because it has online play.
i prefer Melee and the Original, but i think Brawl it's awesome too!
As for the online gaming, i prefer playing with my friends who are amazing players, rather than play with spammers worldwide!(well, not everybody is)

Melee was the best, but Brawl has awesome texture hacks. I mean, look at my sig.

Scrub Jay said:
Melee was the best, but Brawl has awesome texture hacks. I mean, look at my sig.

Ditto. What other game can I kill Master Chief with Baby Luigi? That's pure pwnage.

Back