October 10th

SonicMario

Star Spirit
Don't know how many people who frequent these boards are Sonic fans. But today is the anniversary of when Sonic was announced in Brawl 3 (Edit: 6 now) years ago. Though I'd get the lowdown to see how many people had sudden reactions when they saw this...

sonicbrawlupdate.png

(May be kind of nerdy of me to make a thread like this, but I just think it will be a day that will be hard to forget for anyone)

If any of you were excited to see Sonic in Brawl it'd be nice to hear the story of where and when you found out. If you were just excited to get the chance to beat the living snot out of him... I can't limit you to saying that but even so be respectful to the others that actually wanted Sonic in Brawl badly to play as him and not beat him to a pulp.

I wasn't a big fan of Sonic at the time, but was shocked he was going to be on there.

My reaction: Oh wow....

Right now: I can beat up Sonic using Smart Bombs! Whoohoo!

I was 8, so I couldn't really get the game, yet, but now I have it, and was pretty excited, when I learned Sonic was in it.

I wasn't shocked, because everbody was already used to glamorizing himself in other video games.

Now Snake in Brawl... that was shocking...

Mijzelffan said:
Secret Facepalm said:

It was. It also was a huge mistake.

No it wasn't. It was awesome and shocking.

Secret Facepalm said:

He just doesn't fit in at all. Here we have people who fight with medieval swords and hammers and other cartoony weapons, and here we have a guy who uses guns and granates that exist in real life. If it wasn't for snake the game probably wouldn't even have been 12+.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Mijzelffan said:
Secret Facepalm said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! He he he...

Oh sorry, I just couldn't hold it in after you called Snake awesome.

Nope, and I'm not gonna either. Not that this matters though. Just because I like Final Fantasy doesn't mean I want any character of it in brawl. Because they just don't fit in it. They would be more fitting than Snake though.

Also those 12 year olds that want master chief in ssb are even worse.

Well like it or not, the seeds were sown for Snake in a Smash Bros. game since Melee. The reason Snake (And if you look at it from a rolling Snowball down the hill, also Sonic) is in Brawl is because his creator and Sakauri are great friends. He tried to put Snake back in Melee but the game was already close to finished by then. Thus when he heard a 3rd game was coming out he jumped at the chance.

Though I do agree with you about the 12-year old Master Chief fans...

Mijzelffan said:
Secret Facepalm said:

He just doesn't fit in at all. Here we have people who fight with medieval swords and hammers and other cartoony weapons, and here we have a guy who uses guns and granates that exist in real life. If it wasn't for snake the game probably wouldn't even have been 12+.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Mijzelffan said:
Secret Facepalm said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! He he he...

Oh sorry, I just couldn't hold it in after you called Snake awesome.

I didn't call him awesome. I just said how he made it in was awesome. Now I can pit Luigi vs Snake in an arena full of Smart Bombs, something I couldn't have done before.

Sonic was fun to take pictures of. One moment he's riding the bull thing on Bridge Of Eldin the next thing
you know he gets fart attacked by Wario.

Shameless loooonnnngggggggggggg bump.

Now been 4 years since. I still can remember how happy I was that day.

im sorry what, did you just say sonic was confirmed for brawl??? oh god that is awesome. when does the game come out guys i heard it was delayed or something oh well

by the way, a little off topic, but who do you think is gonna win next year's presidential elections that obama guy surely will lose, john mccain for sure

I thought it was odd (as you know, SSB up until Brawl only included characters from Nintendo franchises), but it made me curious to see how he would play, and he certainly didn't disappoint. :)

i dont know what youre talking about, but I want banjo-kazooie in brawl

lol, I know its a bit early to think about the next smash bros but what if like the next smash bros was on like a console or handheld...what if that handheld was in -bleep-ING 3D. i know its a little far fetched but its nice to think about prolly wont happen lololol!!!

Pinkie Pie said:
Is it me, or did Jorge take a time machine to 07 and forget about the present?

Jorge obviously found a time machine in the present time and went back in time to 2007. He then gave the Time Machine to 2007/2008 self that went to the present. Obviously anytime now a Paradox could break all fabrics of reality at any moment :posh:

Also, I can't wait to see what they possibly do with Sonic in SSB4

Paper Jorge said:

lol, I know its a bit early to think about the next smash bros but what if like the next smash bros was on like a console or handheld...what if that handheld was in -bleep-ING 3D. i know its a little far fetched but its nice to think about prolly wont happen lololol!!!

Welcome to the future.

Mario4Ever said:
Paper Jorge said:

Welcome to the future.

mfwwtf.jpg

Back