October 10th

I'm still terribly indifferent about the whole thing. Could be I've never been much on Sonic, could be I'm still butthurt that Mega Man wasn't included, I dunno.

Northern Verve said:
Also, I can't wait to see what they possibly do with Sonic in SSB4
Nerf Super Sonic.

Assuming Sonic will be in SSB4 (But I hardly doubt he won't) This is what I'd like:

*Some minor changes to his moveset
*More remixed Music made exclusively for SSB4
*A Stage or 2 relating to Generations
*Some Alternate Costumes like a Shadow coloring perhaps. Or if possible but not necessary like some fans would say, a Classic Sonic alternate costume similar to Wario and his Plumber costume. Though I guess because of model size different that won't be possible. Classic Sonic would have a smaller Hitbox
*A bigger role in the Story mode. (The fact he weakens Tabuu was great, but next time I'd like to see him actually fighting alongside Mario or someone in a cutscene and such)

Paper Jorge said:
Mario4Ever said:
Paper Jorge said:
i dont know what youre talking about, but I want banjo-kazooie in brawl

lol, I know its a bit early to think about the next smash bros but what if like the next smash bros was on like a console or handheld...what if that handheld was in -bleep-ING 3D. i know its a little far fetched but its nice to think about prolly wont happen lololol!!!

Welcome to the future.

mfwwtf.jpg

LMAO

Here's the second course.

Mario4Ever said:
Paper Jorge said:
Mario4Ever said:
Paper Jorge said:
i dont know what youre talking about, but I want banjo-kazooie in brawl

lol, I know its a bit early to think about the next smash bros but what if like the next smash bros was on like a console or handheld...what if that handheld was in -bleep-ING 3D. i know its a little far fetched but its nice to think about prolly wont happen lololol!!!

Welcome to the future.

mfwwtf.jpg

LMAO

Here's the second course.

tumblr_lf431vHjJ11qa8y9y.png

You know what this thread needs? The video that got everybody excited the day the announcement was made

It gets bonus points for using Live and Learn

It is rather funny how Sonic was a last minute addition, while Solid Snake was around since day 1 of Brawl's appearance.

This brings back memories of waking up every morning and the first thing I did was check the smash bros site for the daily update. Fun times.

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
This brings back memories of waking up every morning and the first thing I did was check the smash bros site for the daily update. Fun times.

Yeah it sure was an amusing time during the Brawl hype. However, in the long run, it's probably better if people don't get spoiled too quickly.

I rather enjoyed having some update to look forward to every weekday. I kinda hope they do it again for SSB4. Albeit I think November 2007 was the worst month for updates since we got minor things like Bananas. But I guess we were spoiled enough with the characters being revaled between August and the End of October. (I think besides Sonic we didn't know Ike or the Pokemon Trainer were characters in the game until their Brawl updates)

Northern Verve said:
You know what this thread needs? The video that got everybody excited the day the announcement was made

It gets bonus points for using Live and Learn

Dude I forgot how a.) awesome Sonic music is and b.) how excited I was for this game.

I remember staying up all night on my Wii posting replies to Nintendo Nsider forum threads from the Internet Channel every night during summer. How I even used that piece of crap is beyond me. And then the day they announced the Subspace Emissary plot i was like OHMYGOD take my money now. And then I went to the pre-release of the game at the Gamestop at midnight and I was all like YO BEYOTCHES GIMME MY GAME.

one of thebest games ever.

I completely forgot that day was the day Sonic was confirmed... I never forget that day...

That marks 2 major events that occurred that day, though not in the same year!

It's October 10th once again. And yep, I'm bumping this once again. Five years ago, baby. Still one of the best days of my life.

im sorry what, did you just say sonic was confirmed for brawl??? oh god that is awesome. when does the game come out guys i heard it was delayed or something oh well

by the way, a little off topic, but who do you think is gonna win this year's presidential elections that obama guy surely will lose, john mccain for sure

I didn't even know about Nintendo at all back then, or at least not Wii anyway.

But when I was playing Brawl at my neighbor's house a few days before Christmas a few years ago, I was practically drooling when I saw a silhouette of Sonic with the Challenger Approaching screen.

I didn't know that Smash Bros. Dojo existed back then so I had zero knowledge of Brawl until it was released.

If they do have a Dojo for Smash 4, I'm following it.

WHAT?! 5 years already?! God, I'm old...

I wasn't a big Sonic fan, but I liked the character. I was (and still am) a huge fan of Sonic Adventure Battle 2 for the Nintendo GameCube. I remember I got really, really, reaaally excited when I saw that the rumors were true and he was joining the fray.

... Too bad he turned out to be an awful fighter.

Anser said:
... Too bad he turned out to be an awful fighter.

I don't think he was that bad. He's just hard to Master. I wasn't expecting him to be the best character in the game as the Fragile Speedster type fits him (even if I actually heard that in terms of weight in Brawl, Sonic was barely lighter then Mario). Just the fact he was in the game was awesome enough. He doesn't have to be ultra powerful or top-tier to mean anything

I had it coming since he's been on Nintendo consoles and appeared with Mario in a game so I wasn't shocked, I wasn't shocked about Snake because I didn't know who he was

Pyro said:
I didn't know that Smash Bros. Dojo existed back then so I had zero knowledge of Brawl until it was released.

If they do have a Dojo for Smash 4, I'm following it.

I don't suggest that you do that. Trust me, you'll spoil yourself, and when the game comes, you will get bored of it very quickly. That's exactly what happened to me with Brawl. I followed every single update and when the game came, I already knew everything, so there were no surprises. It's like when you go to a restaurant and you start eating candy before your food comes. When the main dish arrives, you're already full of candy and you're not able of eating much.

Yep it's that time again! I'm bumping this thread one more time. However this may be the last time I do so. Why?

Because now that Sonic's an official Smash Bros. veteran. I think I can let this thread go rest in peace. Now that Sonic's in two games he's much more likely to remain in the franchise. And it's all I really wanted from the cheers I was giving the first time he was announced. The fact that it will no longer be a surprise that Sonic's in the next SSB game is what celebrating when it was a surprise all the more notable. Sonic is a part of Smash Bros for yet another game and likely for as long as new games come out from the franchise.

Perhaps it was a bit overly sentimental of me to keep bumping it everytime October 10th came by since 2010. But it was still something personally special to me. And I really wanted in someway to honor it myself.

It's been six years since Sonic was shown to be in Brawl. And I'm very happy to know that he'll be back again for at least another six years of Smash. Better then ever even. Being this time around he will be planned in this game more throughly then when he was put in Last minute in Brawl. :)

Back