PlayStation Move is blatant plagerism

Nathan Fielder

Business Expert
Chat Operator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
It's exactly like the Wii, only worse. I am lucky not to own a PS3, but I still know plagerism when I see it. Plus it does stuff Nintendo did already, I mean, on the commercial the game was an imitation of archery, and it said that for the Wii you just flick your wrist, and for that, you pull back your arm. But for the Wii you pull back your arm too, and that was first.

Edit: This is not my current opinion: past me is an idiot.

Lemmy Koopa said:
It's exactly like the Wii, only worse.
Actually no. It's exactly like the Wii, but it works better.

And you know people have been saying this since they unveiled the prototype at E3 '09.

Well, Nintendo always seems to be one step ahead of the rest and I heard a rumor that they are already working on their next system.

Kinect and MOVE are just Microsoft and Sony's way of saying, "If this motion sensing stuff if making the Wii sell despite all the crappy third-developer and party games, then maybe we should get in on this as well!"

Lemmy Koopa said:
drseaweed said:
Playstation has good graphics. Nothing else
Agree'd.

Yeah. It sucks for the Playstation since gameplay>graphics.

I don't consider it to be plagiarism (I hate spelling that word), but it's a ripoff. The Wii and its remotes and games will always be better, IMO.

The Wii has 2 types of games. Fantasic games or suckish games. The Playstation just mainly has OK games.

drseaweed said:
The Wii has 2 types of games. Fantasic games or suckish games. The Playstation just mainly has OK games.

And that all depends on the eyes of the perceiver.

Rachel said:
Are you calling Rayman just an OK game?
While I don't agree with all the fanboying going on here, I must point out that Rayman has been on every console and started on the PC/Jaguar. I don't think that quite counts.

Crash Bandicoot on the other hand...

I don't even think there's a Rayman game on the PS3, which I have to assume is what everyone is talking about because the PS1 and the PS2 kicked serious ass.

Nintedo innovates, everybody else immatates. That's a saying I keep in the back of my mind when buying video games. Simply put, if it don't have the Nintendo seal of approval on it, your gonna regret buy it. I have been playing viedo games for almost twenty years now and I know this for a fact. I've bought Sega, Nintendo and sony stuff before and there just not as satisfying as Nintedo games. When I bought a PSP, I sold it and bought a DS. I bought an Xbox 360, I sold it and got a Wii.

Parakarrygun88 said:
Simply put, if it don't have the Nintendo seal of approval on it, your gonna regret buy it.
You know Nintendo just slaps that shit on whatever gimmicky crap is being pushed out that week, right?

Lemmy Koopa said:
It's exactly like the Wii, only worse. I am lucky not to own a PS3, but I still know plagerism when I see it. Plus it does stuff Nintendo did already, I mean, on the commercial the game was an imitation of archery, and it said that for the Wii you just flick your wrist, and for that, you pull back your arm. But for the Wii you pull back your arm too, and that was first.
Actually, hate to say this since I am a Nintendo fanboy, but the Playstation move is better. The orbs on top shot a radio feel all around and the camera can detect it in a 3D motion rather then a 2D motion like the Wii, but there are the annoying calibrations that you'll have to do everytime before a game and you have to be six feet away from the camera.

Nunnally vi Britannia said:
Lemmy Koopa said:
Actually, hate to say this since I am a Nintendo fanboy, but the Playstation move is better. The orbs on top shot a radio feel all around and the camera can detect it in a 3D motion rather then a 2D motion like the Wii, but there are the annoying calibrations that you'll have to do everytime before a game and you have to be six feet away from the camera.
Yeah, but Nintendo is usually one step ahead. I heard news about a new console in the making already, though I forgot what site it was on...

Herr Shyguy said:
Parakarrygun88 said:
Simply put, if it don't have the Nintendo seal of approval on it, your gonna regret buy it.
You know Nintendo just slaps that *bleep* on whatever gimmicky crap is being pushed out that week, right?

No, That's there way of saying,"this isn't crap". What funny is that once Nintendo started doing this, everybody else started doing it.

Lemmy Koopa said:
Agreed.

Wait, you can have good online on the Wii?

Apart from that, this whole thread is stupid and wrong, the Move is just an add-on for the casual people who bought a PS3 and want to join the Wii people's fun, not a blatant rip-off of Nintendo.
And this wasn't a "bash the PS3, lololol we're on 2006" thread, but that seems all you guys did.

Not really plagiarism, so much as following the leader. Xbox 360's Kinect is the same thing, only without the Wii Remote knock-off, or any controller for that matter.

Back