PlayStation Move is blatant plagerism

You guys make a big deal about this just because the Wii remote is unique in shape, but taking others' ideas and making your own version of it is nothing new in the gaming industry. If it's giving your rivals success, why can't it give you some success as well?

800px-SNES_Controller.jpg

5322034565_c295a9170f.jpg

Mentally remove the handles from the PS1 controller. Do you see it?

Herr Shyguy said:
Lemmy Koopa said:
It's exactly like the Wii, only worse.
Actually no. It's exactly like the Wii, but it works better.

And you know people have been saying this since they unveiled the prototype at E3 '09.
And the 360 blows the PS3 out of the water.

360 has Kinect. And *coughHalocough*

God said:
And you know people have been saying this since they unveiled the prototype at E3 '09.
And the 360 blows the PS3 out of the water.

Yeah, have fun paying money to play online. :rolleyes:

Per Ninji.

If it's a trolling attempt, then you suck at trolling.

I thought they did that because the Classic Controller was too uncomfortable to hold.

Also especially it was based off the SNES Controller :rolleyes:

Well, back on topic, my views have changed. While I find it slightly strange that both Xbox and PlayStation released their motion control innovations at the same time, it's not plagiarism as such. It looks a little bit like a Wii Remote, but that's really the only style they could make something like that.

I'm amazed no one has brought the Wii Balance Board into play...

...that and the fact that the Wii has the first (and possibly only) game that you play with your rear end.

RobloxKid007 said:

...that and the fact that the Wii has the first (and possibly only) game that you play with your rear end.
1. Why bump this?
2. That's unrelated.

Grand Wheelie said:
RobloxKid007 said:

1. Why bump this?
2. That's unrelated.
3. There are older games that you can use your rear end

Rivalz Cardemonde said:
Grand Wheelie said:
RobloxKid007 said:

1. Why bump this?
2. That's unrelated.
3. There are older games that you can use your rear end
4. ???

Also, off-topic, I'm getting ads for plagiarism checkers...and fixing grammar and spelling errors. How ironic, plagiarism is spelt wrong in the topic.

In my opinion, Sony is nintendo's biggest rival. Of coourse they would copy Nintendo! Also sony copied the rumble pack from the N64

Itsa that Guy! said:
In my opinion, Sony is nintendo's biggest rival. Of coourse they would copy Nintendo! Also sony copied the rumble pack from the N64
I like to say WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!, but that's a bit rude. Yes, Sony is a big rival of Nintendo and they do have a FEW, only a few, games that are coincidentally similar to some Nintendo games, but like I say coincidentally. And, really, *facepalm for bold*, a rumble pack/feature is nothing more then just a way to make the game a bit more realistic. Really, if anybody going to sue anybody for motion control gaming then it should be those old late 80's arcade first-person shoot-'em-up games.

Also, a response to the title of the thread. You can't trademark motion control, its been around for a long time.

How many times has this been bumped? >_>

Reversinator said:
arachnidsGrip said:
How many times has this been bumped? >_>
The rules recommend bumping, so nothing we can do about it.
I know, I'm just noting that this has been bumped a lot.

Um...I've got nothing else to say on this topic.

lol

the wii, the ps3, and the 360's whole motion control movement is just plain boring and a bit dumb.

Especially since it has been long confirmed that developers are actually AFRAID of programming games(or atleast putting too much effort into it) with motion controls, due to having no clue what to do with it.

Then again almost all games with motion controls are party games meant to applaud to the casual crowd, so I guess it works.

Personally though, I don't care much for any of it and probably won't bother with these silly motion deals. 8)

and ON THAT NOTE; the whole ps move hardly seems like plagiarism, since current and most adaptable way of motion controllers are in such vertical devices like remotes and besides, this kind of controller has been long in use before the wii was even thought of. Of course that was mere experimentation years and years ago, but still.

If they really have anything ripping each other off, it's how stupid each design is in the first place. 8)

Back