PlayStation Move is blatant plagerism

I don't nessecarily hate sony, I just don't prefer them.

I saw a commercial for that new wii-ripped thing. It's just like wii sports resorts, only without mii's.

And then they dare call it new xD

Mijzelffan said:
I saw a commercial for that new wii-ripped thing. It's just like wii sports resorts, only without mii's.

Yeah. They said (about Wii archery)
"Anyone can flick their wrist..."
WTF, you do the same, probably even better with the Wii Sports Resort archery.

They need to do something called market research.

Prince Fluff said:
Mijzelffan said:

And you don't even flick your fucking wrist to to do the archery

Kallen Kōzuki said:
Prince Fluff said:
Mijzelffan said:

And you don't even flick your fucking wrist to to do the archery
Exactly. At least Nintendo doesn't talk untrue dirt about the opposition.

Prince Fluff said:
Kallen Kōzuki said:
Prince Fluff said:
Mijzelffan said:

And you don't even flick your *bleep*ing wrist to to do the archery
Exactly. At least Nintendo doesn't talk untrue dirt about the opposition.

that's what fan blogs are for!

Herr Shyguy said:
Lemmy Koopa said:
It's exactly like the Wii, only worse.
Actually no. It's exactly like the Wii, but it works better.

And you know people have been saying this since they unveiled the prototype at E3 '09.
yeah, thats true. PS3 just copied after all.

Similar? Yes. Plagarism? Not really. It's not like Nintendo can slap a trademark on all motion gaming. Plus, there are some differences. The PS Move doesn't have the sensor bar that the Wii has or the nunchuck the Wii has, just to name a few. All in all though, the PS Move was really just a gimmick to sell more systems. Wii has better motion gaming, in terms of games at least.

Also, the PS3 doesn't just have graphics. There are some good games on the PS3.

Herr Shyguy said:
Lemmy Koopa said:
It's exactly like the Wii, only worse.
Actually no. It's exactly like the Wii, but it works better.

And you know people have been saying this since they unveiled the prototype at E3 '09.

I tried using that shit and it didn't work the first time I did it. I think my room's too small, because you have to stand far enough for the camera to see almost your full body, and my room is not long enough for that.

But otherwise, PS3 is a great console, since

A. It's online functions are far superior to that of the Wii
B. It has a built in DVD/Blu-Ray player
C. The online usage is Free, unlike Xbox
D. Controllers are sexy, what can I say. PlayStation controllers will always be one of the most comfortable gaming controllers I'll ever experience, and there's a reason they've stuck with that design ever since the first DualShock.

And there are many other reasons that make the PS3 a great console. I know this forum is filled with Nintendo Fanboys, but I'm just laying out facts here.

I really do like how all the Playstations have had the same basic controller design. It's nice to pick up something you're already completely comfortable with the first time you use a new console.

ps3hasnogames

In all seriousness, I would much rather have one than an Xbox 360, for the reasons posted by Iwata and because of LittleBigPlanet! I'm very interested to try PS3 Move or whatever but we all know this would have never come out if Wii didn't do it first.

Legally they're in the right to do it; At most, it's a shameless imitation of the Wii remote, and an exploitation of loopholes in copyright laws.

Nintendo may not be the leader in terms of graphics capabilities, but they always come out with the new, creative stuff first, like the Wiimote/Nunchuk, touch-screen handhelds, and now they're about to have the 3DS, using 3D graphics without glasses. In my opinion, finding new ways to make games interesting > making them look pretty.

Back on the original topic: I wouldn't say that Move is plagiarism since you can't really copyright something like that. However, I still wish Sony and Microsoft would've come up with something new to appeal to their gamers instead of trying to lure people who already enjoy the Wii.

schmutz said:
finding new ways to make games interesting > making them look pretty.
Unfortunately, neither one equals making games more fun. Deep down, the exquisite graphics and all the innovation don't matter at all if the company doesn't have enough good games.

schmutz said:
Back on the original topic: I wouldn't say that Move is plagiarism since you can't really copyright something like that. However, I still wish Sony and Microsoft would've come up with something new to appeal to their gamers instead of trying to lure people who already enjoy the Wii.
I'm not gonna try to say that Move isn't pretty much exactly the same, but Kinect is only that same in that it's motion control.

Kinect, on the other hand, is completely different from the Wii. However, it's probably inspired by Playstation 2's EyeToy. It's not the same, though.

Still, many of my Xbox-addicted friends hate Kinect.

I don't like it either, but saying it's practically the same thing as a Wii remote is just ignorant.

I think what people mean to say is that the concept is generally the same. That said, is Kinect really that bad? I don't know, it looked kind of cool to me. I mean, I've never tried it out, but what exactly about it makes it fail?

Bowser Koopa said:
I think what people mean to say is that the concept is generally the same.
And the concept of using a controller was also the same for previous generations.

But every controller had the same essential design, give or take a few buttons. And now motion control is the next big thing.

And touch screens, which the PSP 2 will apparently have.

The ones that were used the most for sure, but there was still a great deal of variety with controllers to be had. This was a little bit before your time, but you should check out some of the different types of controllers that had shown up on Famicom and systems like it in the 80s, and even some of the 90s. You'll find some wild designs.

Back