whats your pokemon party

I started a new game in Black (didn't delete the old one) and my current party is:

Ferrothorn Lv. 41
Ability: Iron Barbs
Item: Rocky Helmet
-Iron Defense
-Metal Claw
-Pin Missle
-Power Whip

Sawk Lv. 40
Ability: Inner Focus
Item: Scope Lens
-Bulk Up
-Bulldoze
-Karate Chop
-Brick Break

Stoutland Lv. 40
Ability: Intimidate
Item: BrightPowder
-Work Up
-Rock Smash
-Return
-Crunch

Krokorok Lv. 39
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Amulet Coin
-Crunch
-Dig
-Assurance
-Bulldoze

Boldore Lv. 39
Ability: Sturdy
Item: Eviolite
-Rock Slide
-Iron Defense
-Stealth Rock
-Bulldoze

I started playing my Fire Monotypes again. Half way through every game. I had to grind for some parts. Like the Dragon Gym in Johto and the rival battle after Hearthome, I was really underleveled for some reason. But I grinded extra just to be sure and probably did too much. Use time to grind = Easier time playing

I don't think its possible to get it's other types in Platinum anymore, since it was a limited mystery gift. It was the second one released or something. I used a Rotom on my Platinum File before I deleted it for my Fire Monotype. He was fairly good without his transformations.

Jeff said:
Empoleon - meh.
Crobat - good.
Gliscor - good if he's a wall, otherwise meh
Gallade - good.
Houndoom - laaaaaaaame.

Also, Rotom is always Ghost/Electric in Platinum. He doesn't change his type with his form until Gen V, I think.

What do you guys think of this lineup:
Empoleon
Weavile
Dusknoir
Jolteon
Blissey
Kangaskhan

I'm using an Empoleon right now, and its decent.

I belive Javelin's used Weavile before, and if Javelin uses a Pokemon then its good, no questions asked.

I've used Jolteon before. Best Eeveelution imo.

On Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald and Diamond, Pearl and Platinum ive tried doing an all gardevoir run with my occasional starter... Im going fine.. Just need to put some non-physcic moves.

So..

Gardevoir
Gardevoir
Gardevoir
Kirlia
Shiny Ralts

Me and my friend have decided to play Black and White 2 alongside each other. I'll probably get the opposite to what he's getting, since I don't know if he wants black or white.

I got a Houndoom in my Platinum Fire Monotype Run. Called him Komouri (I was watching Yu-Gi-Oh! And he summoned the Komouri Dragon. Couldn't think of name, took it)

Nice, I'll play both of them myself:
White 2 in public, as a YouTube Show.
Black 2 in private, as a guide for myself, before continuing my YouTube Show.

I don't know whether I will plan out my team ahead of time or not. I'd feel kind of lost if I didn't.

My friend often has unbalanced levels and doesn't plan his team, but often chooses the strong ones. I usually choose my favorites and keep them all balanced but end up having a weaker team because of my choices.

I still beat him most of the time in Black/White though.

What I meant by the Rotom suggestion is that Rotom gets access to Shadow Ball, Energy Ball (I think), and Thunderbolt.

Shiny Celebi said:
What do you guys think of this lineup:
Empoleon
Weavile
Dusknoir
Jolteon
Blissey
Kangaskhan
Empoleon - Not a big fan of starters, but it's fine.
Weavile - YES.
Dusknoir - Really, I have no comment.
Jolteon - DOUBLE YES.
Blissey - Blissey, unless you want it to stall, is a huge mistake on your team.
Kangaskhan - I don't think this is useful at all, but it DOES get Outrage.

Jeff said:
I belive Javelin's used Weavile before, and if Javelin uses a Pokemon then its good, no questions asked.
NEW SIG QUOTE FIND

Actually, I prefer Mamoswine as an Ice-type. Weavile's still pretty good though.
Jeff said:
I've used Jolteon before. Best Eeveelution imo.
I've used him too. He's awesome.

Please don't get mad that I'm going into a lot of detail!
Shiny Charizard Male Level 100
Flare Blitz Fly
Fire Blast Overheat

Luxray Female Level 100
Thunder Bolt Discharge
Thunder Thunder Fang

Infernape (Gts traded) Female
Flare Blitz Focus Punch
Fire Blast Focus Blast

Lucario Male Level 100
Aura Sphere Close Combat
Focus Punch Iron Tail (might replace that with Focus Blast)

Dragonite Male Level 100
Outrage Dragon Dance
Dragon Rage Dragon Rush

Empoleon Male Level 100
Rock Smash Waterfall
Rock Climb Surf (might replace some of these moves, they suck)

Not putting stats cuz it'll be too much detail!

Lemmy Koopa Girl said:
Please don't get mad that I'm going into a lot of detail!
actually, my posts are the most detailed, considering i put nature and evs and items and moves and sometimes even stats

So, an obligatory review. Ahem.

Charizard - Good Fire-type. There are better ones though, however I won't question his cool factor.
Luxray - Same as Charizard, a decent Electric type but still pretty cool.
Infernape - better than Charizard. But why have two Fire types? I say drop Charizard.
Lucario - Awesome. I would suggest going all physical or all special, which means using either Iron Tail + Close Combat + Drain Punch for physical or Aura Sphere + Flash Cannon + Dragon Pulse for special set.
Dragonite - Awesome. Nuff said.
Empoleon - why does he have hm moves.

all that said, this is pretty good. No one that I would define as bad. Lucario, Infernape, and Dragonite are the best though.

Well, Empoleon has hm moves because basically, he's my pokemon that covers the hm moves my other Pokemon don't have.
I have 2 fire types, cuz I have a fiery personality, and I just like fire, and I don't really have any other lv. 100 pokes besides uber legends and a Staraptor.

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be better to carry around Pokemon that are weaker so you can level them?

Course, if you're just showing your best, that's alright too.

Just beat Champion Blue in LeafGreen with no Pokemon over level 70... and this is the second time. Where he has level 70+ Tyranitar, Arcanine, Venusaur, Alakazam, Gyrados, and Heracross.

Menace - Level 59 Aerodactyl - Rock Slide/Fly/Ancientpower/Hyper Beam
Rock Slide is main STAB, Fly is Flying-type STAB (kills Heracross LIKE A BOSS), Ancientpower and Hyper Beam were filler. Considering his low level Menace performed extremely well - his Rock Slides were powerful even to Level 70s and Fly almost 2HKOed Venusaur.
Chuck - Level 56 Hitmonlee - Hi Jump Kick/Brick Break/Mega Kick/Bulk Up
Brick Break is main STAB, Hi Jump Kick is for a little more power than Brick Break, Mega Kick is for coverage, and Bulk Up helped Hitmonlee survive Tyranitar's Earthquake and KO back with a +1 Brick Break. I really wasn't too impressed with Chuck's performance, but it was probably is low level's fault - at level 70 he probably would have been pretty effective.
Felix - Level 68 Jolteon - Thunderbolt/Shock Wave/Thunder/Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt is for a reliable STAB, Thunder combos with Blastoise's Rain Dance for 100 accuracy, Thunder Wave + Cheri Berry (to block Synchronize) crippled Alakazam, and Shock Wave takes care of pesky Double Team Gengar and Dewgong from Agatha and Lorelei, respectively. Felix was the star of the show, sweeping Lorelei almost single-handed (stupid Mamoswine and Jynx).
Patton - Level 66 Blastoise - Surf/Ice Beam/Protect/Rain Dance
Surf is STAB, Ice Beam took out Lance's dragons and Venusaur, Protect was actually a move that I'd just left there as a filler but stopped Solarbeam dead in its tracks, and Rain Dance helped Patton smush everything with Surf or helped Felix revenge kill with Thunder. Patton was a wonderful tank that would have made his namesake proud, and he was able to take at least two hits from level 75s. Amazing.

Reaper - Level 32 Haunter - Hypnosis/Confuse Ray/Shadow Punch/???
Level 26 Chansey - Softboiled/Minimize/Defense Curl/Doubleslap

Haunter and Chansey are just walls, stall Pokemon that I can switch in as meat shields - Haunter absorbs Fighting and Normal type moves and Chansey absorbs Ghost type moves.

Jack Noir said:
Just beat Champion Blue in LeafGreen with no Pokemon over level 70... and this is the second time. Where he has level 70+ Tyranitar, Arcanine, Venusaur, Alakazam, Gyrados, and Heracross.

Did I mention that when I finally beat Red in Soul my pokemon were only lvl.65 with highest being lvl.67? I did have one or two specific legendaries to cover ther types/weaknesses, but it was still a tough, drawn-out battle. Stopped playing SoulSilver and White since my sister has made a lot of progress in HeartGold now (she's finally at the second elite four/Red battles) so I'm waiting for her Kyogre once she beats Red and for White 2.

Back