whats your pokemon party

Bec Noir said:
yessssssssssss you picked the best starter in black/white

Which isn't saying a lot.

I played all 3 starters and just ditched them. So lackluster compared to so many other pokes.

Godot said:
Soo, I got Pokémon Black recently - my party is:

Smugleaf (Servine) - Lv. 26 - Big Root
-Leaf Tornado, Mega Drain, Vine Whip, Growth
Swoobat - Lv. 22 - No item
-Confusion, Heart Stamp, Gust, Air Cutter
Roggenrola - Lv. 23
-Rest, Iron Defense, Smack Down, Headbutt
Darumaka - Lv. 22 - Exp. Share (I cycle this item through my team a lot)
-Fire Punch, Headbutt, Uproar, Dig
Yamask - Lv. 22 - No item
-Haze, Night Shade, Hex, Will-O-Wisp
Simipour - Lv. 22 - No item
-Cut, Rock Smash, Fury Swipes, Water Gun
Oh, gosh! You're stuck with Simipour! Drop him and get a Tympole. It's easier to use.

to be honest i don't really give a fuck about who's easier to use and who has better stats and whatever the hell, i just play it how i want

oh, and i got rock smash in the case of ever needing it in the overworld. doesn't look like i need it, so i'll get rid of it when there's something better

Godot said:
to be honest i don't really give a *bleep* about who's easier to use and who has better stats and whatever the hell, i just play it how i want

oh, and i got rock smash in the case of ever needing it in the overworld. doesn't look like i need it, so i'll get rid of it when there's something better

Touche'

All I know is. You must get Male Jellicent(sp?) eventually because he has a large stache and is absolutely amazing.

which reminds me that 5th gen didnt really have many pleasing water types. I can only think of Jellicent and that turtle(forgot the name).

Dr. Javelin said:
Carracosta.

Also, no one has tested Keldeo yet, so we can't be sure whether he's good or not.

thats that water/fighting pony right?

Will be interesting to see that in action, pretty sure it had fair stats too.

Zae said:
Godot said:
to be honest i don't really give a *bleep* about who's easier to use and who has better stats and whatever the hell, i just play it how i want

Touche'

All I know is. You must get Male Jellicent(sp?) eventually because he has a large stache and is absolutely amazing.

which reminds me that 5th gen didnt really have many pleasing water types. I can only think of Jellicent and that turtle(forgot the name).
Not even Carracosta, really. Jellicent is pretty much the only choice for a good Gen V Water type (Not to say Jellicent isn't amazing).

Magikrazy said:
Zae said:
Godot said:

Touche'

Not even Carracosta, really. Jellicent is pretty much the only choice for a good Gen V Water type (Not to say Jellicent isn't amazing).

He has okay stats and a great ability if I recall though.

Although If I remember his typing is pure crap(water/rock I think). Although people have brought him into higher tiers before(OU) and done decent, but yeah.

5th gen water types seem pretty lacking compared to previous gens, compared to the likes of Milotic, Blastoise, Starmie, Empoleon, Gyrados, and Kyogre to name a few. But as said there is Keldeo, who may have potential.

Just finished up a giant Munna-catching spree. My goal was to catch the Synchronize types, which now allows me to catch wild Pokemon with favorable natures more easily. Very monotonous, but well-worth it, as I was able to catch a Jolly Virizion on my first try by keeping a Jolly Synchronize Munna at the front of my party.

Speaking of Virizion, I'll post the set I'm going for with him...

Spr_5b_640.png

Paladin the Virizion
Nature: Jolly
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Moveset:
Leaf Blade
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Swords Dance

My goal is to use Virizion as an anti-weather Pokemon with physical sweeper moveset.

Yoshiwaker's Lv. 1 Solosis just got 71028 EXP from a Lv. 47 Audino, thanks to a combination of Exp. Pass Power, Lucky Egg, Solosis being a traded Pokemon, and the new experience formula.

: O

Anyways, just trained a Galvantula. It's fun using a 91% accurate Thunder thanks to the accuracy boost from Compoundeyes. Gastro Acid also has its uses.
Spr_5b_596.png

Arachne the Galvantula (Female)
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Compoundeyes
Nature: Timid (Atk ↓, Spe ↑)
EVs: 4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
Moveset:
Thunder
Bug Buzz
Energy Ball
Gastro Acid

Galvantula is a pretty cool pokemon, one of the few electric types that I actually enjoy, even if his defenses are crap.

Should probably use one in next playthrough, or battling online, etc.

Never really used it much due to unsure who to use on team syndrome.

Electric/Bug is actually pretty nice coverage, with Energy Ball thrown in on the side.

Most people use HP Ice over Gastro Acid but I favor Gastro Acid because of how much it can offset your opponent. It's not like they expect it coming.

electric/bug is a really awesome offensive type, totally agreed.

Not to mention Galvantulas stats are really good for offense and that accuracy boost is just OH MY GOD.

Actually this makes me want to look at sets for the awesome thunder bug.

Recently looking at a team and one of the pokes ive been looking at recently is Togekiss.

Not exactly the best typing the world, but it has solid defenses, great special attack and can fill a variety of roles.

This is mainly for experimenting with ou, but so far heres what I got.

Salamence(mixedoffense)
Jellicent(tank mostly)
Krokodile(sweeper)

So I probably need one more tank next to Jellicent, but I also need a wish passer, and although vapareon is certainly a good candidate, not sure I should roll with two water type pokemon.

So basically, need an idea for this guy, either to be a defensive wall or a good supporter.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know much about the physics in pokemon, but if you're looking for defense, try Skarmory, Wash Rotom, Forretress, Ferrothorn, Gliscor, Donphan, Cloyster, mons like that.

Considering that you don't want to run two bulky waters, which is a good idea, I would actually suggest using someone other than Jellicent. Togekiss takes too much damage from SR to be an effective Wish passer, and Jellicent seems like he would be easier to replace than Vaporeon.

alright, did some thinking and research and came to this.

Salamence(mixedoffense, i think intimidate would be better)
Espeon(special sweeper - magic bounce)
Krokodile(physical sweeper, moxie)
Vaporon(havent decided on ability yet, but wish passer and phazer(also scald))
Ferrothron(may do mixed wall, but gliscor is there for physical so special wall might be a better alternative)
Gliscor(physical wall with poison heal)

EDIT:

actually ill probably do away with gliscor and or ferrothorn. Especially since Ferrothorn has much higher def then sdef. Hmm..

will probably edit more later.

EDIT #2:

Alright after some looking up, removing both gliscor AND ferrothorn. Replacing with Virizon and Metagross.

Metagross being the physical wall(going through sets and messing with moves atm, since it really has a lot of things going for it)

Virizon seems pretty interesting and has some good moves itself(ive actually ran across a set that seems pretty handy, seting up screens, using giga drain for healing and stab, and taunt to mess up pokes, also special wall due to that huge special defense stat).

Meet the newest member of my team, Weavile!
Spr_5b_461_m.png

Shade the Weavile (Male)
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
Nature: Pressure
Moveset:
Ice Punch
Pursuit
Ice Shard
Brick Break
I haven't decided what items or moveset to go with; I'm looking for a reason to use Ice Shard at the moment, as Weavile already outspeeds everything. It depends on how many Choice Scarf dragons I run into.

Whoops, yeah.

His nature is Jolly, his ability is Pressure.

Also, I was talking with a friend and he suggested Mamoswine would be a better choice; more bulk, more power, access to Stone Edge + Ice Shard + Icicle Crash + Earthquake, and immunity to Sandstorm makes him pretty great. Weavile still looks cooler though.

I've also started training a Scrafty, but haven't finished yet. I have a Jolly Scraggy with Ice Punch, Drain Punch, and Dragon Dance though; that was not easy. After Scrafty I think I'll train a Mamoswine.

Back