whats your pokemon party

Nice one, Javvy!

QuizmoManiac said:
I'm gonna try a grass mono-type in Emerald. I've got a Treecko right now. What should I get next?
Celebi is the best grass type, but I doubt you'll get that soon.

Try getting some of these guys.

Breloom
Exeggutor
Jumpluff
Ludicolo
Venasaur (if you can trade)

Bec Noir said:
Nice one, Javvy!
*theatrical bow*

Koopa Kid said:
Koopa Kid said:
My team in Gold:
Typhlosion Lv 36
Tauros Lv 34
Gyrados Above lv 30
Apharados Above lv 30
Javelin rate my team.
Okay, let's have a look.

Typhlosion - Not bad. Not awesome, not bad. A good Fire-type, though, since they're scarce.
Tauros - Why? I mean, he just doesn't have any appealing attributes...
Gyarados - EXCELLENT. I mean seriously, this guy is a total beast. Make sure to teach him physical attacks, not special though. Even with STAB, his Water-type moves are pathetic.
Ampharos - No personal experience with him, but I hear he's good. Not the best Electric type out there, but the Johto region really doesn't give much good choices and Ampharos is at least good, if not great.

Drilbur said:
QuizmoManiac said:
I'm gonna try a grass mono-type in Emerald. I've got a Treecko right now. What should I get next?
Celebi is the best grass type, but I doubt you'll get that soon.

Try getting some of these guys.

Breloom
Exeggutor
Jumpluff
Ludicolo
Venasaur (if you can trade)
Adding your soon to be Sceptile, that would fill up your roster, making the ultimate legendary-free grass team.

Breloom sounds good because Shroomish. It'll be good to counter Ice type as well. Ludicolo would be good because I'll be able to counter Fire types. I don't think I'll be able to get Exeguttor, Jumpluff or Venasaur because I can't trade.

QuizmoManiac said:
Breloom sounds good because Shroomish. It'll be good to counter Ice type as well. Ludicolo would be good because I'll be able to counter Fire types. I don't think I'll be able to get Exeguttor, Jumpluff or Venasaur because I can't trade.
Since I don't know what has to be traded and what doesn't, I'll list the next best.

Bellossom
Cacturne
Cradily
Meganium
Shiftry
Victreebel
Vileplume

See any you like and can get there?

Drilbur said:
QuizmoManiac said:
Since I don't know what has to be traded and what doesn't, I'll list the next best.

Bellossom
Cacturne
Cradily
Meganium
Shiftry
Victreebel
Vileplume

Well, since I have 3 open places, I'll pick the top three.
I don't want two Pokemon from the same evolutionary tree, so I think I'll pick Vileplume over Bellossom. I can get an Oddish pretty easily.
I'm tempted to get Cradily because it's stats are pretty good, but it is a single pokemon and I'm not sure about getting that. It would counter bug however, so I'll think about it
Meganium is not a Pokemon I can get in Emerald until I get all of the Hoenn Pokemon, which is not something I'm willing to do.
Now I'll have to decide weither I want Shiftry or Cacturne, both are Grass and Dark, so I'm not sure.
(Actually now that I think about it, I'll have to get Cradily, because I don't want 2 Grass/Dark Pokemon.)

QuizmoManiac said:
Drilbur said:
QuizmoManiac said:

Bellossom
Cacturne
Cradily
Meganium
Shiftry
Victreebel
Vileplume

Well, since I have 3 open places, I'll pick the top three.
I don't want two Pokemon from the same evolutionary tree, so I think I'll pick Vileplume over Bellossom. I can get an Oddish pretty easily.
I'm tempted to get Cradily because it's stats are pretty good, but it is a single pokemon and I'm not sure about getting that. It would counter bug however, so I'll think about it
Meganium is not a Pokemon I can get in Emerald until I get all of the Hoenn Pokemon, which is not something I'm willing to do.
Now I'll have to decide weither I want Shiftry or Cacturne, both are Grass and Dark, so I'm not sure.
(Actually now that I think about it, I'll have to get Cradily, because I don't want 2 Grass/Dark Pokemon.)
Shiftry seems just slightly better overall, but you need a Leaf Stone.

Cacturne:
70 HP, 115 Atk, 60 Def, 115 SpA, 60 SpD, 55 Spe, 475 BST

Shiftry:
90 HP, 100 Atk, 60 Def, 90 SpA, 60 SpD, 80 Spe, 480 BST

So it prbably depends on:

A. If you have a Leaf Stone or not.
B. Whether Seedot or Cacnea are easier to catch for you.

EDIT: On the list, I forgot Tangela if that changes your mind or not.

Can't get Tangela so whatever. Thanks for your advice. I'm just going to get Shiftry because I can get Seedot earlier and I can get the 2 Leaf stones.

So, lets see. You'll build up a team of:

Sceptile
Breloom
Ludicolo
Vileplume
Cradily
Shiftry

Not too shabby, seeing as you can't trade.

Theres alot more choices for Grass Monotype runs than there are Fire Monotypes. I have to go with whats available. I usually get stuck with 3 or 4 Pokemon and 3 or 2 HM Slaves.

Except for XD, it has 7 choices.

Monkey D. Luffy said:
Theres alot more choices for Grass Monotype runs than there are Fire Monotypes. I have to go with whats available. I usually get stuck with 3 or 4 Pokemon and 3 or 2 HM Slaves.

Except for XD, it has 7 choices.
What game are you fire monotyping?

Well, two years ago I did FireRed; ended up with a Charizard, Arcanine & Flareon

Then. A year ago, I did HeartGold; ended up with Typhlosion, Arcanine & Magmortar

After that I did Ruby; Got up to the elite four with Blaziken, Magcargo, Torkoal & Camerupt

I didn't go past that so I decided to a weird kind of thing like this:

White (1 Gym) --> Platinum (1 Gym) --> HeartGold (1 Gym) --> FireRed (1 Gym) --> Ruby (1 Gym) --> XD (1/8 of game) --> HeartGold (1 More Gym); then repeat.

I'm currently up to HeartGold trying to get towards the 5th Gym.

I've done gyms 1-3 for white and platinum, gyms 1 & 2 for FireRed & Ruby and 2/8 of XD.

It's kind of a Wierd setup but I enjoy not being stuck with one specific Pokemon game so it's good. After I've finished sometime, I want to do water, then normal, then etc. whatever order it has in my word document.

I can post my teams for all of them if you'd like.

Gardevoir said:
Sapphire
-Gardevoir (Shiny) Level 78
-Gardevoir - Level 65
-Gardevoir - Level 49
-Gardevoir - Level 48
-Kirila - Level 29
OH NOES A DARK TYPE

WHY AREN'T MY ATTACKS WORKING?!? 1!!!

lol gardevoir team in 3rd gen usually aint a bright idea.

Namely for no fight move and not even thunderbolt/thunder can save you from certain pokemon.

Gardevoir said:
Sapphire
-Gardevoir (Shiny) Level 78
-Gardevoir - Level 65
-Gardevoir - Level 49
-Gardevoir - Level 48
-Kirila - Level 29

Gardevoir has a load of movepool options, and the key to keep it from being outclassed by other Psychics is to use them. Gardevoir has severe Speed problems, so you will usually not find it easy to sweep teams unless it has a Salac Berry to back it up. However, it can mess with common Psychic counters like Metagross and Snorlax fairly well and is an excellent supporter.

In game:

-Samurott
-Conkeldurr
-Gothitelle
-Eelektross
-Chandelure
-Beartic

Competitively:

-Ferrothorn
-Jellicent
-Archeops
-Volcarona
-Haxorus
-Hydreigon

Magikrazy said:
So, lets see. You'll build up a team of:

Sceptile
Breloom
Ludicolo
Vileplume
Cradily
Shiftry

Not too shabby, seeing as you can't trade.
Quizmo, looking back at the team we layed out, I found some good moveset ideas for some of these if you want them.

Soo, I got Pokémon Black recently - my party is:

Smugleaf (Servine) - Lv. 26 - Big Root
-Leaf Tornado, Mega Drain, Vine Whip, Growth
Swoobat - Lv. 22 - No item
-Confusion, Heart Stamp, Gust, Air Cutter
Roggenrola - Lv. 23
-Rest, Iron Defense, Smack Down, Headbutt
Darumaka - Lv. 22 - Exp. Share (I cycle this item through my team a lot)
-Fire Punch, Headbutt, Uproar, Dig
Yamask - Lv. 22 - No item
-Haze, Night Shade, Hex, Will-O-Wisp
Simipour - Lv. 22 - No item
-Cut, Rock Smash, Fury Swipes, Water Gun

Godot said:
Smugleaf (Servine) - Lv. 26 - Big Root
-Leaf Tornado, Mega Drain, Vine Whip, Growth
Swoobat - Lv. 22 - No item
-Confusion, Heart Stamp, Gust, Air Cutter
Roggenrola - Lv. 23
-Rest, Iron Defense, Smack Down, Headbutt
Darumaka - Lv. 22 - Exp. Share (I cycle this item through my team a lot)
-Fire Punch, Headbutt, Uproar, Dig
Yamask - Lv. 22 - No item
-Haze, Night Shade, Hex, Will-O-Wisp
Simipour - Lv. 22 - No item
-Cut, Rock Smash, Fury Swipes, Water Gun
Servine - Well it's not like you have a choice.
Swoobat - OH GOD NO. There's better Psychics and Flyings; I mean, sure, at least Swoobat is a better flying-type than Unfezant, but Reuniculus is waaaaaaay better; its HP is WOAH, but its speed is crap.
Roggenrola - Not many rock-types, but Ground-types being able to use rock-type attacks are better than this guy; If you decide on a ground-type instead, use Sandile, Drilbur, or Golett (the latter is pretty late in the game so make a careful decision)
Darumaka - At least you don't have a Zen Mode Darminitan; Sheer Force is great. If you don't have Sheer Force on it, then you can drop it and maybe wait for a while to use Litwick or something.
Yamask - Not really an opinion on this one; I used it, and it was OK, I guess. However, if you do use Litwick (see above), then get rid of it because no type variety = almost no chance at winning.
Simipour - I hope this guy's your HM slave. If it is, Rock Smash isn't needed for this game. It's just there. If it isn't, GOD REPLACE IT IT IS AWFUL. Just don't replace it with Basculin or Alomomola.

Back