whats your pokemon party

Luigi said:

If you want to maintain the water theme and still have punch power, go Gyarados (Highest water pokemon attack, that isnt legendary) Slowking or Empoleon (Highest water pokemon special attack that isnt legendary, I think, (check me on this)) Swampert/Sharpedo (Second highest attack of a water pokemon that isnt legendary.)

Of course, check me on the stats, I only did a quick run down of the pokemon I thought had the highest offensive stats for water pokemon, I could be wrong. Also, never was a fan of Salamance or Metagross, so cant offer opinion there.

===edit===
I was wrong, Gyarados does not have the highest attack stat of water pokemon. That honor belongs to Kingler (130 according to Serebii). Beating out Gyarados (base of 125.)

===edit===
Once again I was wrong, this time about the higesht special. The highest special belonging to a non-legendary water type pokemon, is Omastar, followed closely by Gorebyss. (115 vs 114.)
With Empoleon and Vaporeon falling behind at (111 vs 110)

Brock said:
(also, I'm ignoring base stats and uber/ou/nu tier ranges, because I'm not a competitive battler, and dont know what tiers the new pokemon break down into.)
I think the only non-legendaries from Gen V in Uber are Thundurus and Excadrill. I don't really pay much attention to the OU/UU border because I tend to use a couple of the UU in OU sometimes.

Also if you cannot be persuaded from this idea then I would suggest Jellicent, he's a total boss at defense and really drives your opponent insane with Taunt preventing non-attack moves and Will-O-Wisp shutting down physical attackers. Plus Water Absorb means that he can switch in and restore his health if you predict a Water attack.

Yeah, I've used him and he is one of my new favorites.

Mario and Luigi said:
Updated White team:

LV. 30
Will-O-Wisp
Flame Burst
Imprison
Hex
LV. 31
Stomp
Flame Charge
Volt Switch
Spark
LV. 30
Mud-Slap
Crunch
Sand Tomb
Assurance
LV. 51
V-create
Fusion Flare
Fusion Bolt
Searing Shot
LV. 23
Super Fang
Detect
Crunch
Charge Beam
LV. 38
Slash
Cut
Aqua Jet
Razor Shell
Yes. Although it seems you won't be taking out Watchog.

Pyro said:
Mario and Luigi said:
Updated White team:

LV. 30
Will-O-Wisp
Flame Burst
Imprison
Hex
LV. 31
Stomp
Flame Charge
Volt Switch
Spark
LV. 30
Mud-Slap
Crunch
Sand Tomb
Assurance
LV. 51
V-create
Fusion Flare
Fusion Bolt
Searing Shot
LV. 23
Super Fang
Detect
Crunch
Charge Beam
LV. 38
Slash
Cut
Aqua Jet
Razor Shell
Yes. Although it seems you won't be taking out Watchog.
I replaced him just now with a Pokemon that I can't remember its name.

Dex Holder said:
I think I'm going to use Empoleon, Rapidash and Froslass to copy Platinum's team from Pokemon Adventures.
Have you used Staraptor yet? It's a beast.

@M&L: Elgyem? I've never tried him. I'm not too fond of Psychic types, so I don't know what to say.

Pyro said:
Dex Holder said:
I think I'm going to use Empoleon, Rapidash and Froslass to copy Platinum's team from Pokemon Adventures.
Have you used Staraptor yet? It's a beast.
Yes. On my first Platinum team.
Heres my old one around level 80-70.
Torterra
Garchomp
PorygonZ
Lucario
Staraptor
Luxray

Mario and Luigi said:
Pyro said:
@M&L: Elgyem? I've never tried him. I'm not too fond of Psychic types, so I don't know what to say.
I love Psychics. They can know, well, Psychic, Psycho Blast, etc.
The Psychic type is decent but the fact that Dark-types absorb Psychic moves and the fact that they're only good against one type (Fighting, Poison two but Poison types are rarely seen because they're usually bad) makes it not that great.

It gives great coverage though.

Also I would suggest using Reuniclus, he's a far superior Psychic than Beeheyem (Elgyem's evolution) is. You might have to get used to his dirt-slow speed, though... Otherwise he's a total monster.

I'm training an Escavalier as an anti-metagame right now to see how he'll perform, could anyone get on Smogon and find out what the EV's for the Choice Band set are? I can't get on Smogon from school computers. Never mind, I found it out. 248 HP/252 Attack/ 8 SDef.

Escavalier is looking like a monster that will be hard to take down, even with his awful speed, because of his great defenses and insane 135 Attack stat. Most people use Scizor but I want to try out this anti-metagame idea.

Thoughts?

Dr. Javelin said:
Mario and Luigi said:
Pyro said:
I love Psychics. They can know, well, Psychic, Psycho Blast, etc.
The Psychic type is decent but the fact that Dark-types absorb Psychic moves and the fact that they're only good against one type (Fighting, Poison two but Poison types are rarely seen because they're usually bad) makes it not that great.

It gives great coverage though.

Also I would suggest using Reuniclus, he's a far superior Psychic than Beeheyem (Elgyem's evolution) is. You might have to get used to his dirt-slow speed, though... Otherwise he's a total monster.

I'm training an Escavalier as an anti-metagame right now to see how he'll perform, could anyone get on Smogon and find out what the EV's for the Choice Band set are? I can't get on Smogon from school computers. Never mind, I found it out. 248 HP/252 Attack/ 8 SDef.

Escavalier is looking like a monster that will be hard to take down, even with his awful speed, because of his great defenses and insane 135 Attack stat. Most people use Scizor but I want to try out this anti-metagame idea.

Thoughts?
I got rid of it. My new Pokemon team is here.

Here's the Pokemon I use the most in White.

Serperior, Level 66
Leech Seed
Leaf Blade
Aerial Ace

Simipour, Level 52
Scald
Crunch
Dig
Blizzard

Swoobat, Level 50
Air Slash
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Return

Scrafty, Levek 54
Brick Break
Crunch
Sludge Bomb
Dragon Claw

Chandelure, Level 62
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Psychic

I never really put a good Pokemon in the sixth spot.

I'm training some other Pokemon to fill up the empty spot, and am also thinking about replacing Simipour, Swoobat, and maybe Scrafty. Any suggestions?

Dex Holder said:
Simipor should be replaced with Jellicent.

I'm not sure about that. While I would like a new water type to replace Simipour, isn't Jellicent part Ghost type? I already have one (Chandelure) and I don't really like to have more than one Pokemon of each type in my party.

I might consider it anyway though.

Smasher said:
Dex Holder said:
Simipor should be replaced with Jellicent.

I'm not sure about that. While I would like a new water type to replace Simipour, isn't Jellicent part Ghost type? I already have one (Chandelure) and I don't really like to have more than one Pokemon of each type in my party.

I might consider it anyway though.
Normally I would wholeheartedly agree, but I see that your team is already slightly weak to the Dark-type and Ghost-type (Chandelure and Woobat), and adding Jellicent would worsen the problem.

I would suggest switching Jellicent for Simipour and then replacing Woobat with something else, there are better special attackers out there such as Hydreigon and Volcarona, though they take a lot of work to obtain. Hydreigon would be my recommendation as his Dragon STAB is great, he has Levitate to compare with Woobat's Ground immunity, and he has enough bulk to survive a while.

You also could use a Dragon resist which means you need a Steel-type, or otherwise one Haxorus with Dragon Dance + Outrage could level half the team. Perhaps you should replace Serperior with Ferrothorn? This would allow you to set up Stealth Rock and Spikes if necessary.

My newest addition to my team is the aforementioned Escavalier, he has a staggering 100 Attack at Level 25. This guy is incredible, his Megahorn does insane damage and I keep OHKOing or 2HKOing people with it. His bulk means he sticks around for a while too.

The downside? He hasn't gone first even once since I've used him.

Dr. Javelin said:
Perhaps you should replace Serperior -

I'm not replacing Serperior (or Chandelure) with anyone. Period. (For now anyway) (Yes I'm stubborn)

As for the rest:

Dr. Javelin said:
I would suggest switching Jellicent for Simipour and then replacing Woobat with something else, there are better special attackers out there such as Hydreigon and Volcarona, though they take a lot of work to obtain. Hydreigon would be my recommendation as his Dragon STAB is great, he has Levitate to compare with Woobat's Ground immunity, and he has enough bulk to survive a while.

Hmm, ok, that makes sense. I'll get my Deino and Frillish out of the PC and start training them next time I play.

You also could use a Dragon resist which means you need a Steel-type, or otherwise one Haxorus with Dragon Dance + Outrage could level half the team. Perhaps Ferrothorn? This would allow you to set up Stealth Rock and Spikes if necessary.

I'll think about it. As I said I'm not replacing Serperior at this time, but I'll still think about Ferrothorn or perhaps another steel type. (I've caught a lot of Pokemon, so I still have a lot of options. Perhaps I'll try training some and pic which ones I think are the best fit for me)

Master Koopakid said:
Any PKMN Emerald party suggestions?

Camerupt is probably the best fire type in Emerald.

(And my parties always include a swampert or a gardevoir.) I mostly build parties consisting of my favorites, though, so if you are looking for a more balanced party suggestion, you should wait a bit longer.

My Pokemon Party In Platinum is

Level 100 Torterra

Level 82 Giratina

Level 71 Palkia

Level 69 Altaria

Level 83 Diagla

Level 54 Rotom :D

Pokemon Black

All i can remember was Level 62 Serpior :P

I don't think I've mentioned this, but I HATE ROTOM IN COMPETITIVE BATTLING!!

Also, why do people keep choosing Snivy? Oshawott is far better stat wise

So I'm heading for Nimbasa in White right now. Are there any Pokemon that you guys recommend I get for the gym battle?

Master Koopakid said:
Any PKMN Emerald party suggestions?

Manectric is a good electric type and it's pre-evolution Electrike is common.

Hariyama is powerful. It's pre-evolution Makuhita is also common.

Doduo can be found in the Safari Zone. When it evolves it's very fast.

For the starters, you might want to choose Mudkip. There aren't a lot of good water-types in Hoenn. \\

Mariomario64 said:
So I'm heading for Nimbasa in White right now. Are there any Pokemon that you guys recommend I get for the gym battle?

I say bring along a pokemon that has ice or rock moves. Those Emolgas are so annoying. Also some ground moves would help.

Hey Pyro Snivy Is WAY better than Oshawot!t! (however you spell its name :P) Go Grass Types :D lol

Pyro said:
I don't think I've mentioned this, but I HATE ROTOM IN COMPETITIVE BATTLING!!

Also, why do people keep choosing Snivy? Oshawott is far better stat wise
Because Snivy is cooler. Obviously.

Anyways it doesn't really matter as they're all outclassed competitively, so I just pick Snivy because - like I said - he's cooler.

Mariomario64 said:
Sandile can kill pretty much everything with super effective Ground moves and an immunity to Electric attacks. His evolution, Krookodile, is also a complete boss and worth training.

Back