whats your pokemon party

I always train a Gyarados. In every game. Sometimes multiple times. It's never been a waste of my time. :)

(especially in nuzlockes, but outside of them, too.)

Update:

Sadly, Zuby II and Inxy have both been sent to the big PC box in the sky. Zuby II was replaced with Kricky the Kricketune (who is mostly dead weight except he knows Sing, which is good for catching Pokemon). Inxy was replaced with Choppy the Machop (who I didn't need because I already have Chimmy).

I hate how the Gym order was changed in Platinum. I am SO not ready for Ghost-types yet, and I just made it to Hearthome.

schmutz said:
Update:

Sadly, Zuby II and Inxy have both been sent to the big PC box in the sky. Zuby II was replaced with Kricky the Kricketune (who is mostly dead weight except he knows Sing, which is good for catching Pokemon). Inxy was replaced with Choppy the Machop (who I didn't need because I already have Chimmy).

I hate how the Gym order was changed in Platinum. I am SO not ready for Ghost-types yet, and I just made it to Hearthome.

Kricketune can be useful at higher levels. I dont remember platinum's gyms, but I remember Kricketune with sing and false swipe was pro at catching wilds. I also remember Kricketune with X-scissor, Night Slash, Screech, and Sing was pro. (bug and dark moves. Good against psychics and ghosts.) Of course, I dont think he learns either until late levels, some where around 30.

Brock said:
schmutz said:
Update:

Kricketune can be useful at higher levels. I dont remember platinum's gyms, but I remember Kricketune with sing and false swipe was pro at catching wilds. I also remember Kricketune with X-scissor, Night Slash, Screech, and Sing was pro. (bug and dark moves. Good against psychics and ghosts.) Of course, I dont think he learns either until late levels, some where around 30.
Are you kidding me?

Kricketune has almost the lowest base stats for an evolved Pokemon ever.

Besides, Vespiquen is much more useful, although she's hard as hell to obtain. You have no idea how many Combee eggs I hatched to get one female one.

Oh mah gawd guys, metapod is like, dah best pokemanz evar. derp herp.

I was bored, but I never really liked bug pokemon, I've never really used one. that's why when i'm finished with my fire monotypes, I hope to do Bug Monotypes.

Dr. Javelin said:
Brock said:
schmutz said:
Update:

Are you kidding me?

Besides, Vespiquen is much more useful, although she's hard as hell to obtain. You have no idea how many Combee eggs I hatched to get one female one.

Have you ever played a Nuzlocke? Okay, yeah. When you can get hard as hell to obtain pokemon in a Nuzlocke, sure, more power too you. But normally you cant, so you make due.

Dr. Javelin said:
Are you kidding me?

Perhaps you should check my earlier posts before making such a comment. I know Kricky sucks, thank you.

I never put up my Platinum team, did i?

Infernape, Staraptor, Roselia, Floatzel, Luxray, Rotom.

Infernape - Beast. Except I need to get rid of Cut.
Staraptor - BEAST X5.
Roselia - I still have to evolve it >_<
Floatzel - I can't believe it's awesome movepool.
Luxray - UP FOR REPLACMENT. SUGGESTIONS?
Rotom - I got nothin'.

:mario:

In fact, speaking of Platinum, I need suggestions for my team. I'm about to go up against the Veilstone Gym leader, and I need to find a good enough Pokemon. (I do have that Porygon you get at some point in the game that knows Psychic-type moves, but Porygon is Normal type >__<)

Porygon? Evolve it into PorygonZ. I haven't heard anything bad about it.

And MM64, have you tried Staraptor? IT'S A BEAST.

Evolve Porygon into Porygon-Z, as Pyro said, and teach it some Special-based moves. I have one in HeartGold who knows Tri Attack, Signal Beam, Discharge (might be replaced by T-Bolt) and Psybeam (might be replaced by Psychic). It's awesome.

schmutz said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Are you kidding me?

Perhaps you should check my earlier posts before making such a comment. I know Kricky sucks, thank you.
I was talking more to Brock for suggesting Kricketune.

Oh, Oh, let me try remember my Platnium team!

Torterra - Strong with good Defense, but Slow. My Starter, he was named Oak
Staraptor - Strong and Fast. My First Pokemon Caught, she was named Skye
Floatzel - Weak but Fast. Caught after ages of searching for strong ones, he was called... Can't Remember...
Rotom - Strong. Caught in that Old place, he was called Zero
Rapidash - Fast and Strong, he was called Jet
Lucario - Got really late, ran around all the time and got it to evolve, called it Luca. It's female, and it was from an egg and female Lucario's are rare I think.

Platinum Team

Lv. 100 Torterra
Lv. 100 Heatran (female)
Lv. 100 Palkia
Lv. 100 Electivire
Lv. 100 Lugia
Lv. 100 Dialga

I used no action replay

GalacticPetey said:
Platinum Team

Lv. 100 Torterra
Lv. 100 Heatran (female)
Lv. 100 Palkia
Lv. 100 Electivire
Lv. 100 Lugia
Lv. 100 Dialga

I used no action replay
I thought all Heatran were men :???:

My friend told me that if you want a female Girantina(or another male only legendary), you just name it

GIRANTINA*female symbol*

For the actual topic, I lost White, HeartGold, and Diamond.

Dry-Petey said:
My friend told me that if you want a female Girantina(or another male only legendary), you just name it

GIRANTINA*female symbol*

For the actual topic, I lost White, HeartGold, and Diamond.
I did that to a Palkia once XD.

GalacticPetey said:
Mario and Luigi said:
GalacticPetey said:
Platinum Team

Lv. 100 Torterra
Lv. 100 Heatran (female)
Lv. 100 Palkia
Lv. 100 Electivire
Lv. 100 Lugia
Lv. 100 Dialga

I used no action replay
I thought all Heatran were men :???:
Nope. You just gotta be lucky

Actually Heatran Gender is 50/50. So you didnt get lucky. you had just as good chance of getting Male

Most Legendaries dont have a gender though.

IIRC, the only Legendaries with a gender are Heatran (50% male/50% female, as Crackin said) and Cresselia (female only).

I don't know about Generation V, since I still haven't gotten Pokémon Black.

Fluttershy said:
IIRC, the only Legendaries with a gender are Heatran (50% male/50% female, as Crackin said) and Cresselia (female only).

I don't know about Generation V, since I still haven't gotten Pokémon Black.
Latias and Latios are gendered.

Back