whats your pokemon party

which dark type is better
Hydregion
Tyranitar
Zoroark
I have all 3 lv100, maxed ev's, which is best for my main party!

Dr. Javelin said:
PokemonMaster said:
Dr. Javelin said:
They're all pretty bad.

Typhlosion is the best out of them, though.
I can't talk to you anymore.
Just kidding. But Megainuim is the best in my opinion. Feraligatr is good too. Just give it an Expert Belt. Typhlosion isn't my style. Hard to use.

Am I the only one who hasn't used a Typlosion in a Johto based game on their team?
Hey, it's true. Typhlosion is outclassed by Infernape, Blaziken, and Charizard (he's on par with Emboar but that's not saying much), Meganium is outclassed by Venusaur, Sceptile, Torterra, and Serperior, and Feraligatr is outclassed by Blastoise, Swampert, Empoleon, and Samurott.

They're awful.
Ever used a Feraligatr or Megainuim in PMD? Those 2 are absolute beasts in there.
@Lily
Can you show me your entire team and what moves Hydreigon and Tyranitar know?

Mystery Dungeon is completely different than the main series.

I would say Hydreigon because of his excellent coverage with STAB Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse but it depends on the scenario, they others fit different roles.

If you're just looking for a Dark-type attacker then Hydreigon is definitely the best out of those unless you want to use Zoroark's Illusion as part of your team's strategy.

Use a Syplgif and teach it Focus Blast. Do the same with Zoruark and in battle switch out with something other then Sylphif and Zoruark when tour need to switch between the 2 of them.

PokemonMaster said:
Dr. Javelin said:
PokemonMaster said:
Dr. Javelin said:
They're all pretty bad.

Typhlosion is the best out of them, though.
I can't talk to you anymore.
Just kidding. But Megainuim is the best in my opinion. Feraligatr is good too. Just give it an Expert Belt. Typhlosion isn't my style. Hard to use.

Am I the only one who hasn't used a Typlosion in a Johto based game on their team?
Hey, it's true. Typhlosion is outclassed by Infernape, Blaziken, and Charizard (he's on par with Emboar but that's not saying much), Meganium is outclassed by Venusaur, Sceptile, Torterra, and Serperior, and Feraligatr is outclassed by Blastoise, Swampert, Empoleon, and Samurott.

They're awful.
Ever used a Feraligatr or Megainuim in PMD? Those 2 are absolute beasts in there.
@Lily
Can you show me your entire team and what moves Hydreigon and Tyranitar know?
The rest of my team is
Blazekin
Empoleon
Derperior
Reshiram
Meloetta

Lily said:
The rest of my team is
Blazekin
Empoleon
Derperior
Reshiram
Meloetta
Blaziken is alright, he has great speed and attack but his defenses are somewhat lacking. Still a great Pokemon though, and he's outright broken if you use the Dream World ability Speed Boost.

Empoleon is mediocre. His unique typing helps him a bit but in the end he really isn't all that great, I would suggest another Steel-type such as Metagross to fill his place.

Serperior, as much as I hate so say it (I picked Snivy), is not good. The only thing he's maybe good for is setting up Light Screen and Reflect, and after that he's pretty pointless.

Reshiram is overpowered with Blue Flare, though his defenses are slightly lacking for an Uber legendary so watch out for boosted Dragon-type attacks.

Meloetta is easily outclassed by other legendaries so you should replace her.

For your team, as the Dark-type, I would suggest Zoroark to fill the empty spot as you already have Reshiram as a Dragon-type. Otherwise I would have said Hydreigon.

I'm thinking of starting a new file for Gold (again). I'm thinking of using

1. Typhlosion
2. Ampharos
3. Octillery
4. Spearow/Noctowl
5. Espeon
6. Don't know yet. I'm sure I can find a decent extra Pokemon.

For everyone here: using legendaries is lame.

Mine:

-FireRed:
Blastoise
Raichu
Alakazam
Nidoking
Arcanine
Dragonite

-Diamond:
Empoleon
Staraptor
Luxray
Medicham
Golem
Gengar

-HeartGold:
Feraligatr
Ampharos
Alakazam
Magmortar
Dragonite
Tyranitar

And sometimes I switch Tyranitar for my Mamoswine or Alakazam for my Gengar. The other four are permanent.

Don Pianta said:
I'm thinking of starting a new file for Gold (again). I'm thinking of using

1. Typhlosion
2. Ampharos
3. Octillery
4. Spearow/Noctowl
5. Espeon
6. Don't know yet. I'm sure I can find a decent extra Pokemon.
For 6 get a Poliwrath. :3

• For my sapphire nuzlocke, I had a couple teams, but I'll list my main, pre-Elite Four team.
    • Linoone 56 male|Inoon
      • Rain Dance
      • Shadow Ball
      • Thunder
      • Ice Beam
      Inoon wasn't the first Linoone on my team. before him, he had a sister, Ziggy. She was my work horse, my HM slave. She'd been with me since the first route at the beginning of the game. When she died, she was at level 42. In her place, I trained Inoon. I swore on Ziggy's death bed that her younger brother would be a real member of my party, and not an HM slave. With this promise in mind, I shaped Inoon to fill the gaps in my team.

• Camerupt 57 female|Nummy
      • Earthquake
      • Eruption
      • Rock Slide
      • Hyper Beam
      Camerupt was a surprise additon to my team. I've always loved fire types, but had never really been attached to any of the fires available in gen III. Numel was the first fire type I caught, and as I'd never trained a numel before I decided to take the chance to trainer her. She developed into my tank, slow, but able to take a beating, and she dished out more than her fair share. She was with me through every gym battle post-Flannery (excluding Wallace) and so she was an obvious choice to join me against the Elite Four.

• Flygon 57 male|TrapCard
      • Earthquake
      • Dragonbreath
      • Fly
      • Steel Wing
      Flygon was a chance opportunity that I just couldnt pass up. Catching him while lost in the desert, training him was slow going. Again, I'd never trained a trapinch, so it was a new experience for me. Once trapinch evolved and sprouted wings, he became a staple on my team, learning the move Fly, and carrying my party everywhere. The fastest on my team, with few weaknesses, he acted as my scout, the first into battles, able to dish out a beating at minimal risk before withdrawing.

• Breloom 57 male|Shrooms
      • Spore
      • Brick Break
      • Sunny Day
      • Solarbeam
      Shrooms was one of the oldest remaining members of my party, the only two older than him being Rally and Muddy. His name was given to him as a joke, as I'd read it in a nuzlocke comic and liked it. He also took a long time to mature, as I didnt allow him to evolve until he learned spore. Once he did, I quickly taught him brick break. He languished in the rear of my party for most of the game, until the final confrontation with team aqua, where he shined.

• Gardevoir 59 female|Rally
      • Calm Mind
      • Double Team
      • Psychic
      • Thunder Bolt
      Rally was a rock on my team. An weird combination of a glass cannon, and a special defensive wall, she was able to dish out a great deal of damage, but also able to absorb and stall for me against trainers specializing in the special type. Rally was on my team from the beginning, sheltered because I was afraid of losing her. Using her only occasionally against tough opponents, I didnt realize how powerful she'd become until she single-handedly swept Wallace.
    • Swampert 58 male|Muddy
      • Earthquake
      • Ice Beam
      • Muddy Water
      • Hyper Beam
      Muddy was my bro. I've always loved mudkip and his line, so it was a no brainer to choose him for my nuzlocke. In past games, I'd always waited till he learned hydro pump before evolving him. In this nuzlocke, I didnt like the idea of having an attack with so little PP, and thus I evolved him quickly and went with Muddy Water as my primary attack. Muddy was with me through every town, ever battle, and every gym leader on my journey. He was my strongest, as well as my wall, capable of stalling both attacks and special attacks. The biggest scare of my journey came when I over estimated him, and used him against a powerful grass type (Yeah, dumb I know. He lived, I learned.)

Going into the Elite Four battle, all of them were level 54. (I'm giving a close guess, because it was a long time ago. The experience points dont seem to add up to me, but whatever. My memory could be flawed.)

As you can see, this team had a bit of a "ground" type theme. Originally, I didnt intend to go that route, it just sort of happened over time with the pokemon I captured. I was very pleased with how balanced the team turned out, in spite of the lopsided ground concentration on it.

These pokemon were my bros for the majority of my sapphire nuzlocke, and though I did switch the team once in awhile, and had multiple teams, this one was my main. Sadly, the Elite Four challenge ended bittersweet. Rest in peace, those who didnt return from that final battle. :'(

Kinda tl;dr, but it is my favorite team I've ever trained, so I wanted to do them justice.

Here's my team in Pokemon Pearl, all my pokemon are water types, which can be bad but I like the water type Pokemon and I think my team is ok... Well, if someone could give me a few advices, it'd be great. :D

Empoleon lvl 74 : Well he's ok but I don't know... It's not like he's weak but his moves are not so good except Surf & Ice Beam. Hydro Cannon is a powerful move but I got to wait a turn before attacking... it sucks. :P Should I remove him ?

- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Cannon
- Flash Cannon

Swampert lvl 70 : He's the only one who can ignore Electric attacks so he's one of my... guardians^^. Besides, Earthquake & Stone Edge are good moves for him. :)

- Muddy Water
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Stone Edge

Starmie lvl 70 : My favorite Pokemon ever ! It's strong and fast, a deadly weapon ! I just love his moves ! ;D

- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Recover

Vaporeon lvl 66 : He's the bomb ! He has high HP, high Sp.Atk and Sp.Def but he only got three moves... I just don't know which move I can give him... kinda annoying...

- Surf
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- ???

Milotic lvl 65 : Because of her, I think I will never replay this game anymore ! It was so hard to evolve Feebas into Milotic that I don't wanna lose her ! I mean, she's scarce... and beautiful. :P

- Rain Dance
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Rest ( but I think I'll remove it, it's useless to me... )

Poliwrath lvl 54 : Umm... I don't really know what to say since i've just added him on my team. His stats are neither bad nor amazing, it's just...average... Actually, I wonder if I should take Lapras instead of him but I already gave him some good moves...

- Hypnosis
- Brick Break
- Bulk Up
- Waterfall

I won the battles against the Elite Four and right now, I'm heading to the Battle Tower. What do you think guys ?

My White team is permanent now. There's no way to change it.

Anyway, my Platinum team is Rotom, Infernape, Staraptor, Luxray, Roselia, and Floatzel.

I want to evolve Roselia, but it learns Petal Dance at Level 49, so I'm waiting until then. It won't be long, though, because of Platinum's ridiculous level curve.

@Luigi

Wow Luigi, that's awesome! It's really rare finding people who go with one typing; however, I think you'll do just fine! ;D Water types were always a great type. My personal favourite water type? Azumarill definitely! He was always a reliable Pokemon to me.

Hm, as far as your team goes, I'd say that you have quite a good team. Here are a few pointers (from my opinion):

1) Empoleon is indeed a bulky Pokemon; however, you seem to have that covered with Vaporeon. Still, it is not a bad Pokemon. I'm not the best with Empoleon, so I am unsure of what to do here. Perhaps you could give him some set-up moves as I'm sure that his defences are pretty good for him to last long enough. Your choice of what to do here.

2) Swampert looks good and is a great addition to your team. Muddy Water is my only doubt with its accuracy; however, it is still a good move (and something different than the usual surf).

3) Starmie looks perfect!

4) Ah, Vaporeon. One of my old favourites! Your Vaporeon looks good; however, for a last move I'd say go with a set-up move like wish or toxic. Wish could be useful for replenishing his health and toxic is another move useful for quickly finishing off your foes. That's my recommendations.

5) As for Milotic, perhaps recover would work better than rest? Rest does have that side effect of putting her to sleep, so I'd suggest that recover would be a much more efficient way of recovering her health.

6) Well Poliwrath does have that notability with that fighting move. I'm not sure what to say here as I am not that knowledgeable about this Pokemon as well. It seems alright for the most part. Lapras is a good Pokemon as well, so it is your choice here as well.

That's the best I can do at this point. Overall, good team! Make your final decisions carefully! ;)

My White team:

Lv. 33
Water Pulse
Cut
Aqua Jet
Razor Shell
Lv. 22
Super Fang
Detect
Crunch
Bide
Lv. 22
Mud-Slap
Torment
Sand Tomb
Assurance
Lv. 15
Growth
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Mega Drain
Lv. 17
Take Down
Tackle
Odor Sleuth
Bite
Lv. 17
Tackle
String Shot
Bug Bite
Razor Leaf

Luigi said:
Here's my team in Pokemon Pearl, all my pokemon are water types, which can be bad but I like the water type Pokemon and I think my team is ok
Propeller Toad said:
@Luigi

Wow Luigi, that's awesome! It's really rare finding people who go with one typing; however, I think you'll do just fine!
No, to both of you. One freaking Electric Pokemon could annihilate this entire team. And that would be a Jolteon with Hidden Power Grass or if it learns it Energy Ball. I'm sure there are plenty of other Pokemon who could trash this team extremely easily, Thundurus being one extremely notable one (though he is banned by Smogon...).

You need to pick another type.

Well it is Pokemon Pearl he is playing, so I believe that he does not need to worry about Pokemon such as Thundurus or any of the other monsterous 5th gen Pokemon going after his team. However, you do have a point about Jolteon or any other electric Pokemon with a potential grass type move. I completely forgot how far the competitive battles could go especially during the fourth generation. I personally think it is unique to go with one typing (especially water since it is a good typing); however, it is true that in a competitive battle one might have trouble with just one typing. He does have that Swampert on his team; however, grass knot can be proven as a threat here though.

Hm, ala Dr. Javelin, I think it might be safer to have at least one non-water Pokemon in your team Luigi since you are heading to the Battle Tower (if it was a Wifi battle then you might want to consider this more though). I'm sure that you could manage with 6 water Pokemon; however, it might be safer with a back-up.

@ Propeller Toad

I was never too fond of Azumarill, he's just good at defence but it's hard to do some damage with him ! :( Anyway, thank you very much for your advices ! ;D

I think I'll give a defence move for Empoleon, even if he's a steel Pokemon...
I put Muddy Water for Swampert because I didn't want to have a full team with Surf... it's stupid, I know. :P
About Vaporeon, I'll give him Toxic, it's really efficient !
For Milotic, I reckon you're right. I'll give her Recover, it's a good move whereas Rest is... ugh.

Umm... a non-water Pokemon in my team... Well I think I'll take Metagross or Salamence instead of Poliwrath. Is it a good choice ? :)

@ Dr. Javelin

It's true that an Electric Pokemon could definitely defeat my team but I chose to go with one typing because I love water Pokemon, it's my favorite type and it's a great challenge ! ;D
Jolteon is certainly the biggest threat for my team but Swampert can ignore Electric moves then there's Milotic who can ( maybe ) resist, Empoleon & Vaporeon too but I'm unsure... Starmie may be not as fast as Jolteon but if it can fight another Electric Pokemon with less speed, it could win. A move like Hydro pump could easily do important damages.

Well I may be wrong but I think an Electric Pokemon can't be that hard to defeat. However, if there's more than one Electric Pokemon... I'm dead.

Mariomario64 said:
I see you like to be challenged, Luigi.

Yeah I love challenges ! I'll maybe replay the game and take only one Pokemon. Now that's a challenge ! ;D
But I don't think so, since i don't want to lose Milotic... :P

Mario and Luigi said:
My White team:

Lv. 33
Water Pulse
Cut
Aqua Jet
Razor Shell
Lv. 22
Super Fang
Detect
Crunch
Bide
Lv. 22
Mud-Slap
Torment
Sand Tomb
Assurance
Lv. 15
Growth
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Mega Drain
Lv. 17
Take Down
Tackle
Odor Sleuth
Bite
Lv. 17
Tackle
String Shot
Bug Bite
Razor Leaf
I've had many experiences in White, and I'll just critique your team-

Dewott/Samurott
Not a bad Pokemon; it can deal some great damage, yet after you get the National Dex I recommend you drop it because you have much better choices in the aftergame. Anyway, as soon as it's possible get rid of Cut because you only use it in the Dreamyard. Also, replace Aqua Jet as soon as you can.

Watchog
I haven't a clue about this one, but there's much better choices than him. Your progress in the game makes Watchog worse and worse due to you encountering much better Pokemon such as Klink, Joltik, Litwick, and Rufflet. If you do keep him though, get Hyper Fang if possible and get rid of Bide. Replace it with a TM move like Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, or Dig. Or Shadow Ball or even Swords Dance.

Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile
Excellent. Keep it. Once it fully evolves, it's an absolute beast once you get it some good moves like Earthquake and Outrage. It's even better if it has Moxie, especially because with a BlackGlasses, any of its dark moves will deal huge damage to it and even kill it. Don't worry if it has Intimidate, though. It's still good either way.

Petilil/Lilligant
I haven't heard anything negative about this one, so keep it. It seems it has a pretty good moveset, and if you don't evolve it early, it gets awesome moves like Leaf Storm. However, Petal Dance evens it up with Lilligant. Lilligant also has more TM options than Petilil, like Swords Dance and Dream Eater.

Herdier/Stoutland
It's only good if it has one of the elemental fangs. Like Watchog, there's much better choices. I've noticed you don't have a Fighting type- you should get one. I recommend the Timburr line or Sawk.

Sewaddle/Swadloon/Leavanny
Unless you're planning to drop Petilil, there's no point in this one because you already have a Grass-type. Sure, it's part-bug, but have you been to Route 18 yet? There's a Ranger that gives you an egg that hatches into Larvesta, which is Fire/Bug. Larvesta should replace this because you lack a Fire-type, plus when it evolves (though you need some patience >_<) it's unstoppable if the opponent doesn't know any Rock-type moves.

Just your daily reminder if you don't have a chandelure on your team you're lame 8)

Brock said:
  • Gardevoir 59 female|Rally
    • Calm Mind
    • Double Team
    • Psychic
    • Thunder Bolt
    Rally was a rock on my team. An weird combination of a glass cannon, and a special defensive wall, she was able to dish out a great deal of damage, but also able to absorb and stall for me against trainers specializing in the special type. Rally was on my team from the beginning, sheltered because I was afraid of losing her. Using her only occasionally against tough opponents, I didnt realize how powerful she'd become until she single-handedly swept Wallace.

It's ridiculous how lucky you were to obtain a Ralts in a Nuzlocke. I'm so jelly right now.

Back