whats your pokemon party

Dr. Javelin said:
Pyro said:
I don't think I've mentioned this, but I HATE ROTOM IN COMPETITIVE BATTLING!!

Also, why do people keep choosing Snivy? Oshawott is far better stat wise
Because Snivy is cooler. Obviously.

Anyways it doesn't really matter as they're all outclassed competitively, so I just pick Snivy because - like I said - he's cooler.

He is cooler, but I personally always go with a fire-type starter. I always have the best of luck. Like for example, one time I used Mudkip on Ruby, and I sucked.

Any suggestions for my HeartGold party? I'm facing the E4 and Champion.
I'm power training Gyarados. Any other recommendations?

Ampharos
Mamoswine
Heracross
Tyranitar
Espeon

I've used all of those and they never dissapointed me.

Pyro said:

bro fist. Come to think of it, why do people choose the grass starters at all? I've used 4/5 of the grass starters, all 5 water starters, 2/5 of the fire starters and I can honestly say that the water and fire starters are far more competent than the grass starters.

Dr. Javelin said:
Mariomario64 said:
So I'm heading for Nimbasa in White right now. Are there any Pokemon that you guys recommend I get for the gym battle?
Sandile can kill pretty much everything with super effective Ground moves and an immunity to Electric attacks. His evolution, Krookodile, is also a complete boss and worth training.
I should have known. I'll get to that eventually.

Dr. Javelin said:
Anyways it doesn't really matter as they're all outclassed competitively, so I just pick Snivy because - like I said - he's cooler.
Yes - all starters (except Blaziken and a couple others) aren't very good competitively - and since I've already beaten the entire game and destroyed every trainer in the game at least five times (yes, including Cynthia and Morimoto), I'm starting to get in competitive battling.

Shiny Celebi said:
Any suggestions for my HeartGold party? I'm facing the E4 and Champion.
I'm power training Gyarados. Any other recommendations?
As Kick Buttowski said, Ampharos and Tyranitar. Add Alakazam (if trading is possible), Slowbro, Gengar, Lapras and Houndoom to that.

If you don't mind "cheating" (and again, if trading is possible), you could get Pokémon such as Electivire, Magmortar, Mamoswine (as mentioned by Kick Buttowski) and Porygon-Z, whose previous forms are in HG/SS.

Kick Buttowski said:
Pyro said:

bro fist. Come to think of it, why do people choose the grass starters at all? I've used 4/5 of the grass starters, all 5 water starters, 2/5 of the fire starters and I can honestly say that the water and fire starters are far more competent than the grass starters.
In my opinion, the only good Grass-type starter is Turtwig -> Grotle -> Torterra, move-wise. I have one in Platinum (My first Pokémon ever. Yeah, seriously.) and another in Pearl (Platinum Torterra's offspring). They're both very good Pokémon for getting through the game (I can't really talk about competitive battling, since I'm not into that).

Paper Yoshi said:
Kick Buttowski said:
Pyro said:

In my opinion, the only good Grass-type starter is Turtwig -> Grotle -> Torterra, move-wise. I have one in Platinum (My first Pokémon ever. Yeah, seriously.) and another in Pearl (Platinum Torterra's offspring). They're both very good Pokémon for getting through the game (I can't really talk about competitive battling, since I'm not into that).

Agreed. I believe Torterra's only down side is a double weakness to Ice (and it has low speed).

I started a Nuzlocke on Platinum. Here is my epic fail team right now:

Chimchar (Chimmy)
Starly (Starry)
Shinx (Inxy)
Bidoof (Doofy)
Magikarp (Karpy)
Zubat (Zuby II, named after her predecessor in my Crystal Nuzlocke)

I'm major grinding right now because if I don't get Chimmy to become a Monferno I'm pretty much screwed against the first Gym.

PS Sweet nicknames, right?

Mariomario64 said:
lol at the nicknames

I'm left-brained; my only creativity lies in music, so. But the rules suggest you nickname your Pokemon to form a bond, and I did it.

schmutz said:
Mariomario64 said:
lol at the nicknames

I'm left-brained; my only creativity lies in music, so. But the rules suggest you nickname your Pokemon to form a bond, and I did it.

My nicknames are always pretty bad, too. (For example, in my nuzlockes, mudkip was muddy, ralts was rally, zubat was zuzu, etc.)
Also, Crobat and Gyarados are amazing in nuzlockes. (crobat, because he's one of my favorites, and gyarados is self explanatory.)
Good luck!!

Brock said:
Also, Crobat and Gyarados are amazing in nuzlockes. (crobat, because he's one of my favorites, and gyarados is self explanatory.)
Good luck!!

I know, I was glad to find them first in their respective areas. Zuby II will have some beastly Speed once she evolves into Crobat, and Karpy will just be a boss. The only problem with Karpy is the 8 more mind-numbingly slow levels I have yet to achieve before she is a Gyarados.

Update:

Chimmy is now a Monferno, Starry is a Staravia, Inxy has become a Luxio, and Doofy has evolved into a Bibarel. Karpy only has two more levels to become a Gyarados, and Zuby II has four more to Golbat.

I'm grinding in Eterna Forest right now with Cheryl because they're all double battles and she heals my Pokemon after every battle.

Not that Tackle at level 15 does anything anyway with Karpy's Attack. The only real way to train Magikarp is to use the switch-out method.

schmutz said:
Not that Tackle at level 15 does anything anyway with Karpy's Attack. The only real way to train Magikarp is to use the switch-out method.
I'm training it to be a Gryados before I get to Misty and it's freaking hard.

I trained a Magikarp once. Then, much later, I realized Gyarados wasn't really good in LeafGreen, since all Water-type moves were Special-based back then.

I did a Hoenn Fire Monotype run a while ago. Forgot what level they were but they were overleveled and I was up to Wallace.

Blaziken, Magcargo, Camerupt, Torkoal

Blaziken and Torkoal are beast. Magcargo, not so much. Camerupt is pretty average but good to have.

So yeah, advice, dont get a magcargo. They suck. Most of the time.

My Gold team:
Quilava (Flame) Lv. 16
Mareep (Jolt) Lv. 13
Egg (Togepi)
Zubat (Sap) Lv. 4
^Should have been Sapphire, But I messed up. I'll rename it later
I'm training Zubat and Mareep. But are they good. I really want to get an Ampharados and a Crobat.

Master Koopakid said:
My Gold team:
Quilava (Flame) Lv. 16
Mareep (Jolt) Lv. 13
Egg (Togepi)
Zubat (Sap) Lv. 4
^Should have been Sapphire, But I messed up. I'll rename it later
I'm training Zubat and Mareep. But are they good. I really want to get an Ampharados and a Crobat.
I really want people to see this so they can give me suggestions

Back