whats your pokemon party

schmutz said:
Brock said:
  • Gardevoir 59 female|Rally
    • Calm Mind
    • Double Team
    • Psychic
    • Thunder Bolt
    Rally was a rock on my team. An weird combination of a glass cannon, and a special defensive wall, she was able to dish out a great deal of damage, but also able to absorb and stall for me against trainers specializing in the special type. Rally was on my team from the beginning, sheltered because I was afraid of losing her. Using her only occasionally against tough opponents, I didnt realize how powerful she'd become until she single-handedly swept Wallace.

It's ridiculous how lucky you were to obtain a Ralts in a Nuzlocke. I'm so jelly right now.

I know! I hardly used her, until later in the game, because I was too afraid to lose her. She generally sat in the back of my party and sat out the hard fights, until she became strong enough for me to be willing to risk her. It took awhile to reach that point. :P

Meh, very average, drop it. I would get Darmanitan from the ruins with 'Zen' ability instead if you want the Darumaka chain.

I had a pikachu in one of my nuzlockes. Taught it Brick Break and Iron tail, and Raindance and Thunder, and evolved him into a Raichu. He was on my Elite Four run team, and dominated. Practically swept the Dark elite four member, kicked the ass of the Ice Elite Fours sea lion things, and was kind of useless against the Ghost Elite Fours and meh against the Dragon Elite Four. But then he saved me against the Champion Steven, and his steal types. :D

He was a pokebro, I named him Chu. <3

schmutz said:
Mario and Luigi said:
schmutz said:
What do you need a level 100 Pikachu for?
to cream people in battles.

As long as you don't run into anything at all that knows Earthquake.

Not a problem, my Raichu was a pro. Survived an Earthquake with 10 hp, and ko'ed the quaker. B) Raibro saved my back during that battle.

Brock said:
schmutz said:
Mario and Luigi said:
schmutz said:
What do you need a level 100 Pikachu for?
to cream people in battles.

As long as you don't run into anything at all that knows Earthquake.

Not a problem, my Raichu was a pro. Survived an Earthquake with 10 hp, and ko'ed the quaker. B) Raibro saved my back during that battle.

But it's a Pikachu, not a Raichu. Pikachu's Defense leaves much to be desired.

True enough. I was also nuzlocking against the Elite Four, so it wasnt like competitive online against ev trained opponents. Unless sapphire elite four teams were ev trained? (dont think so but..) But yeah, I was still proud. :)

What level does Sandile evolve at? I have a Sandile and I've got a team of level 25s. I want a team of level 26s to take down Elesa, and I've challenged every trainer I can find.

Updated White team:

LV. 30
Will-O-Wisp
Flame Burst
Imprison
Hex
LV. 31
Stomp
Flame Charge
Volt Switch
Spark
LV. 30
Mud-Slap
Crunch
Sand Tomb
Assurance
LV. 51
V-create
Fusion Flare
Fusion Bolt
Searing Shot
LV. 23
Super Fang
Detect
Crunch
Charge Beam
LV. 38
Slash
Cut
Aqua Jet
Razor Shell

I think I'm going to use Empoleon, Rapidash and Froslass to copy Platinum's team from Pokemon Adventures.
Thanks for the idea.

Luigi said:
@ Dr. Javelin

It's true that an Electric Pokemon could definitely defeat my team but I chose to go with one typing because I love water Pokemon, it's my favorite type and it's a great challenge ! ;D
Jolteon is certainly the biggest threat for my team but Swampert can ignore Electric moves then there's Milotic who can ( maybe ) resist, Empoleon & Vaporeon too but I'm unsure... Starmie may be not as fast as Jolteon but if it can fight another Electric Pokemon with less speed, it could win. A move like Hydro pump could easily do important damages.

Well I may be wrong but I think an Electric Pokemon can't be that hard to defeat. However, if there's more than one Electric Pokemon... I'm dead.
Um, none of your people resist Electric except Swampert. Study your type chart.

Also if you're even planning to run all-water then you should plan to take advantage of rain and run a Rain Dance team or something so you can get 2x damage on all Water attacks and double speed for Pokemon with Swift Swim.

It's still a bad idea, because even if you kill one Electric type there are plenty of Pokemon out there who learn Thunderbolt and could deal massive damage. Magmortar seems like he wouldn't pose a threat at all until he starts blasting your team to bits with Thunderbolt. And then you have to watch out for Energy Ball from the likes of Azelf (or one of his buddies, I forget whether he can learn it or not), which doesn't even mention Infernape who could dominate with his high Speed and Grass Knot. Then there's Gallade with Leaf Blade...

In short, it's a bad idea. Drop it.

Like literally my Hydreigon in Gen V could wipe out this entire team because she resists Water and could rack up Sp. Atk boosts with Charge Beam and then annihilate the rest with an almost unresisted (Empoleon resists, but she can use Flamethrower) STAB Dragon Pulse.

Dr. Javelin said:
[Wise quote from Dr. Javelin]

While that is true, it would still be possible, but he'd have to completely revamp his team. Lanturn, the water/electric Rotom, or the water/dragon Kingdra might be an option to resist electric. Also, Water/Grass Ludicolo to combat the electric and grass weaknesses. He could also toss in Water/Ground Seismitoad for electric, but then he'd be stuck with two pokemon on his team doubly weak to grass. Water/Dark Sharpedo would also be a good addition to combat Psychics. He could also add Jellicent, Water/Ghost to combat fighting and normal types.

In summary, an all water team could be useable. Just not with the range he has now.

(also, I'm ignoring base stats and uber/ou/nu tier ranges, because I'm not a competitive battler, and dont know what tiers the new pokemon break down into.)

Dr. Javelin said:
Um, none of your people resist Electric except Swampert. Study your type chart.

Also if you're even planning to run all-water then you should plan to take advantage of rain and run a Rain Dance team or something so you can get 2x damage on all Water attacks and double speed for Pokemon with Swift Swim.

It's still a bad idea, because even if you kill one Electric type there are plenty of Pokemon out there who learn Thunderbolt and could deal massive damage. Magmortar seems like he wouldn't pose a threat at all until he starts blasting your team to bits with Thunderbolt. And then you have to watch out for Energy Ball from the likes of Azelf (or one of his buddies, I forget whether he can learn it or not), which doesn't even mention Infernape who could dominate with his high Speed and Grass Knot. Then there's Gallade with Leaf Blade...

In short, it's a bad idea. Drop it.

Like literally my Hydreigon in Gen V could wipe out this entire team because she resists Water and could rack up Sp. Atk boosts with Charge Beam and then annihilate the rest with an almost unresisted (Empoleon resists, but she can use Flamethrower) STAB Dragon Pulse.

When I said that some of my Pokemon would resist Electric, I meant they'd be almost K.O but still alive...

I'm in the battle Tower right now and there's not a full Electric team since I started it... There's nothing that hard on there for my team so I don't need to worry about it. :P

I wanted to put Metagross or Salamence on my team in order to do massive damage, more than i do with my Pokemon right now. So, should I take Metagross or Salamence ? ;D

Back